Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Money can't make up for the lost time with your kids, family or friends. It can't fix the stress or mental drain crunch can have on a person, or the relationships lost. A company is choosing profitability over the well being of their employees, they should be rightly condemned for it. You don't need to protest or cancel your pre-order, but you should at least condemn it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's a month of paid overtime. What's the big deal?

Employees working paid overtime scandal, its a nothingburger.

Schrier needed attention and bedwetting doesnt cut it as an adult

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

People are just being deliberately obtuse now. Little point in continuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Here's CD Projekt last May pledging there'd be no mandatory crunch. They've broken a clear pledge to staff, simple as that. https://kotaku.com/as-cyberpunk-2077-development-intensifies-cd-projekt-r-1834849725

Is a month or so of paid crunch that bad? Compared to some horror stories, no. I don't think anyone would object to there being some extra work required to get a project over the line. But forcing staff to do six-day weeks so for over a month, after pledging not too, is frankly pretty crappy - and I don't think any company should resort to it. And all this in the best case scenario that staff haven't been working intensely for months or even years already.

This is your "pledge" here, yeah?

“We’ve been working toward it for some time already,” Iwiński said. “We’ve been communicating clearly to people that of course there are certain moments where we need to work harder—like I think the E3 demo is a pretty good example—but we want to be more humane and treat people with respect. If they need to take time off, they can take time off. Nobody will be frowned upon if this will be requested.”

This is why companies should never, ever talk to Schrier, but they'll learn over time :D

I've been woken up at 5 am on weekends to get into work and fix something, I've had to pull 12 hour and beyond shifts, sometimes for days, its part of the gig and its reflected in my wages. If I was being asked to do it week in , week out I'd refuse but I'm not and CDPR devs arent either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

You won't like the games that will come out of 5 days a week, 9-5:30, 2 week sprints with daily standups places, that's all that I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Some lovely aul characters on this forum....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Am I so out of touch that a company mandating staff to work six-day weeks is not a great look?

No. It’s the journalist who is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'm against crunch but I will still buy the game on day one.

I am the real villain here.

I will buy the game if it's good. Nothing else matters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I will wait a good bit before buying, because a game that needs mandatory crunch from a company that made a pledge not to do mandatory crunch doesn't inspire confidence in the stability of the game.

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    I will buy the game if it's good. Nothing else matters.

No the way they treat their staff definitely matters, I am just weak.
    CatInABox wrote: »
    I will wait a good bit before buying, because a game that needs mandatory crunch from a company that made a pledge not to do mandatory crunch, doesn't inspire confidence in the stability of the game.

Every game you ever loved has probably required mandatory crunch to some extent, and almost all of them probably never had any intention of doing it.

I am just weak
    Me too, on the account that I won't have any care left after I finish caring about real problems.

Cordell wrote: »
    Me too, on the account that I won't have any care left after I finish caring about real problems.

There is another word for that and it isn't weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Am I so out of touch that a company mandating staff to work six-day weeks is not a great look?

No. It’s the journalist who is wrong.

Calling Jason Schreier a journalist, you are out of touch lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CD Projekt’s Chief Financial Officier Piotr Nielubowicz responded to Bloomberg questions in an email saying that Cyberpunk’s Nov. 19 launch date won’t be changed, adding that the studio is working to eliminate most bugs at “the last straight,” -- the main reason it asked employees to work an extra day.
    Wait, so if they mandated the employees to work seven days a week, the game would ship with less bugs? Why don't they just do that then?

This could be the first game I pre-order since I got badly burned on Fallout 4

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Alright CDPR, the crunch is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭brady12

This could be the first game I pre-order since I got badly burned on Fallout 4
    Ages Since I pre ordered aswel . If I want a disc copy guaranteed for release day where be best place get one online ? amazon ? Might just go Argos or GameStop

brady12 wrote: »
    Ages Since I pre ordered aswel . If I want a disc copy guaranteed for release day where be best place get one online ? amazon ? Might just go Argos or GameStop

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/playstation-4-pre-order-games/cyberpunk-2077-ps4/p/179700

Only €55 if you pre-order for in-store pickup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'll wait a week or so after launch for performance and compatibility reports to come in. Think I've only pre ordered once in my life because I caved to some bonus stuff (and literally my fave game ever). Never again, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Teaser trailer for this game was 7 years ago lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,276 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I remember watching it and thinking it was a Deus Ex rip off.

I've have a six year old child, the bloody teaser trailer is older than him....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

The thing to remember is they are most likely looking at GTAVs performance a game still raking in cash even though it was released in 2013 and most likely hoping to replicate that

The attention to details really helps sell these worlds and it being the best it can be will go a long way in the end compared to say Ubisoft games which seem to just come and go year in year out

Then with a multiplayer portion set to be released they will be hoping for gtav type success

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Where are people buying this on PC, not sure if I should get it on steam/cd key site or epic store with 10€ voucher. I'm thinking steam if It has a good multiplayer side

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

KilOit wrote: »
    Where are people buying this on PC, not sure if I should get it on steam/cd key site or epic store with 10€ voucher. I'm thinking steam if It has a good multiplayer side

There's only one answer for that.

https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077

The multiplayer for this probably won't be out until well into next year, even then it might be some kind of separate thing. I wouldn't factor it into your decision right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    There's only one answer for that.

https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077

Yes. The only answer. GOG is owned by the developers so every penny goes to CDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

It took me 7 years to realise the depth of that trailer. The whole premis of the game is control and danger. You have the Max-Tac officer, and other armed profesionals in the game. The people in control have a myriad list of ways to do a doll attached to strings job on your life. Your more in control doing that type of work, and will remain a little more so than others, should the powers that be decide on a ''fun'' change in your life for you.

I thought it was great match in itself, the game being made by people from Poland. Might have some of that Cold War, ''What do we do with all this achievement'' humour in it. Most of yous have seen Sexmission yeah? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexmission

It's not just that though. I realised through writing a bit. When people have such control of your lives, people will laugh at others. And laugh hard. The people with power can do anything they like to people. It's a great opportunity to extract humor, experiance the emotion of the powerless and hear the stories about that from the powerfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Where are people buying this on PC
    I'll be getting it on Steam for its Proton compatibility tool assuming I can even run it thanks to the decision to use DX12 instead of Vulkan.

• Advertisement

As with any games I buy, I'll go for any deal that's on the cd keys sites I trust not to sell dodgy keys.

Advertisement