Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My wifes 9.99 for life offer changed to 12.99 this month without notification. Anyone else had theirs changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

My wifes 9.99 for life offer changed to 12.99 this month without notification. Anyone else had theirs changed?

Nope that's surely a mistake. Would be getting on to them about that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Unless she had charges outside the main offer?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Did ye look at her bill and see what other charges there are in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BowWow

Mine was 9.99 as usual. How long has she had the 9.99 deal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

BowWow wrote: »
    Mine was 9.99 as usual. How long has she had the 9.99 deal?

I’d be surprised if she was changed to be honest, it’s more than likely outside of bundle charges like uk numbers or mms messages.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

New Home wrote: »
    Unless she had charges outside the main offer?

No outside charges. The bill we got is standard but marked 12.99 now. She was on 9.99 for over a year now. Will give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No outside charges. The bill we got is standard but marked 12.99 now. She was on 9.99 for over a year now. Will give them a ring

Good luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Gomo launched on 15 October last year so there might be a glitch in their system that reverts to "full" price when the first year ends...similar to a lot of other Eir offers.

That's just a guess...if it happens to others who have been with them from the start then that's a possible explanation. Otherwise it's just characteristic of Eir/Gomo having an unreliable billing system...take your pick which it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭opus

The phones people get at work are Samsung S20's with 5G now so I borrowed one from a colleague & put my GoMo SIM into it to see if it would get whiff of 5G. Sadly nothing showed up close to Cork city centre where Eir's coverage maps shows full coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I am getting the 5G symbol showing on mine in parts of Clondalkin and in Dublin City Centre, around Jervis specifically.

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I am getting the 5G symbol showing on mine in parts of Clondalkin and in Dublin City Centre, around Jervis specifically.

Cheers,
    M

Are you getting 5g speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

DopeTech wrote: »
    Are you getting 5g speeds?

I am pretty sure I was. I will re-run them the next time in Speedtest and post them here.

Cheers,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I keep getting charged for premium texts/ SMS ( NOT MMS) 15c each eventhough premium is barred by me. Obviously I dont text premium numbers. It's happened several times.

I Contacted customer service via facebook they refunded me.

Also on several trips to UK (London) I could only receive calls and data roaming. It was not possible to make calls roaming. GO MO said the settings ( their settings NOT my phone settings) were at issue and now rectified.

Anybody have similar problems.

Apart from this very happy with GO MO.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I keep getting charged for premium texts/ SMS ( NOT MMS) 15c each eventhough premium is barred by me. Obviously I dont text premium numbers. It's happened several times.

I Contacted customer service via facebook they refunded me.

Also on several trips to UK (London) I could only receive calls and data roaming. It was not possible to make calls roaming. GO MO said the settings ( their settings NOT my phone settings) were at issue and now rectified.

Anybody have similar problems.

Apart from this very happy with GO MO.
    The premium text bar doesn't bar 50xxx and 51xxx short-codes, those that are free to text and those that are charged at your operator's standard out-of-bundle rate (15c in most cases).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Is there still a two-sim limit per account? I want to add a sim for my son, which would be a third?

Also, have they stopped replying to customer care emails?

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Is there still a two-sim limit per account? I want to add a sim for my son, which would be a third?

Also, have they stopped replying to customer care emails?

The limit is 4 or 5 now.

Quackster wrote: »
    The premium text bar doesn't bar 50xxx and 51xxx short-codes, those that are free to text and those that are charged at your operator's standard out-of-bundle rate (15c in most cases).

I never rang or texted any of those numbers you mention. Only Irish mobiles. Still charged as premium calls by go mo.

I never rang or texted any of those numbers you mention. Only Irish mobiles. Still charged as premium calls by go mo.

Are you receiving unsolicited texts from any short codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What's the detail for the charge on the bill?

Check SMS service centre number, it might be incorrect, can someone post the correct one to verify? There's a charge of 15.25c if it's incorrect.

• Advertisement

Are you receiving unsolicited texts from any short codes?
    Sounds like reminder texts for some service like Ryanair, parking companies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Yyhhuuu wrote:

Have you checked the itemised bill for out of bundle charges?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Have you checked the itemised bill for out of bundle charges?

Go mo refunded me. They were ordinary text messages to irish landline (sms NOT MMS) so included in 9.99 deal but for some reason classed as premium.

Go mo refunded me. They were ordinary text messages to irish landline (sms NOT MMS) so included in 9.99 deal but for some reason classed as premium.
    In my experience, SMS to landlines is generally excluded from bundles and no doubt GoMo has done likewise. However, it doesn't appear to be explicitly spelled out anywhere on their website so it's fair to expect them to refund in this case.

I see the data fair-usage is now 120GB according to their published T&Cs.

Wow I didn't know that still existed.

Yeah, I didn't think any landline provider still supported it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Quackster wrote: »
    I see the data fair-usage is now 120GB according to their published T&Cs.

Always nice to see unlimited becoming more unlimited:D

Wish they would do another 9.99 promo for a month as I'd have a few to sign up. I guess three's 7.99 deal kills the headline somewhat.

Jim

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

48 also has a 7.99 deal with 100gb data and the same deal as GoMo for calls and texts.

Sorry I meant sms texts to Irish mobiles rather than landlines

• Advertisement

Advertisement