Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Catd1980

Did anyone hear how interviews are progressing for Laois?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Messi19 wrote: »
    Got an email the other day about clearance. Does everything have to be scanned and emailed back? It's a little bit confusing

I emailed PAS to ask this. They said it was fine either way. Just insisted the documents had to be signed. I filled out the forms on my computer and just pasted a pic of my signature in the signature field.

If your unsure and have any questions don't be afraid to email them. They were quick to get back to me and very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

You might be suprised and once you're in two years (less in some cases) you can look at lateral moves.

I'm actually excited for the new start ..only thing I'm scared about is the 1 years probation..my thoughts on it are this..

Taking on hundreds in DESPA ..are they doing that due to this pandemic..and when ..and if ..its over when the probation period is up ...will they no longer need the excess staff ...then your not kept on .....that's the only thing I'm panicking about.....am I being totally irrational ??? Feel free to PM if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Galway have interviewed to OOM 27 .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

L390 wrote: »
    I'm actually excited for the new start ..only thing I'm scared about is the 1 years probation..my thoughts on it are this..

Taking on hundreds in DESPA ..are they doing that due to this pandemic..and when ..and if ..its over when the probation period is up ...will they no longer need the excess staff ...then your not kept on .....that's the only thing I'm panicking about.....am I being totally irrational ??? Feel free to PM if you want

It's nigh on impossible to fail probation, it certainly won't happen because they don't have work for you. You would be redepolyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

L390 wrote: »

Believe me Social Welfare is the one department that will never stop needing staff! Think of all the different schemes they run, from pension to Illness Benefit to the regular jobseekers! Not to mention all the staff who work in their HR, corporate services, training
    etc! You will be fine! I'm pretty sure they were still desperate for staff back when unemployment was 4%! Usually other departments actually redeploy staff INTO social welfare if they have no need for them anymore, not the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lightswitchmad

Anyone have an update on OOM for Sligo? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭newbie18892

Dublin is still at OOM 423 according to PAS. Very slow progression over the past while

Edit: Just got a second email correcting the figure to OOM 556

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi anyone have an update on Clare or Limerick OOM ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

Limerick at OOM 19, very little movement on this panel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

Jood10 wrote: »
    Limerick at OOM 19, very little movement on this panel!

Thanks for that . Very little movement is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 WayKay

Fergality wrote: »
    For anyone wondering how Wexford is progressing, I got OOM 26 after initial application. I was invited to express interest in a Revenue/Customs role in Rosslare in early September. Had my interview last Friday and received a message that afternoon that I am OOM 3 on the phase 2 panel.

It seems by the wording of the message that I have been successful pending clearance.

If anyone has any questions regarding the interview or process, pop me a DM or reply here.

DM sent. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What is the email address to contact PAS about your position ? Or are you better off phoning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clarkeel

Donegal only at OOM 12..so slow moving

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone know what the batch refers to? Passed my interview for galway with a nice oom but a high batch number

Guffy wrote: »
    Anyone know what the batch refers to? Passed my interview for galway with a nice oom but a high batch number

They do the interviews in batches.

i.e. if they called 15 people to interview first time around. Those people would be Batch 1. So the person who finished 7th after the interviews would be batch 1, oom 7, etc

Then the next round of interviews is done and they are batch 2, next round are batch 3, etc....

So if you were in the group of people who were placed in the 60's after the first test, you'd be batch 5 and then your position (2), the second best person interviewed from that batch.

(all interview numbers completely hypothetical)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

Best of luck! Keep us posted

I got message today! Passed, no. 2 for Mayo. Getting nervous now, how do i tell my boss of 15 years I'm leaving? 😬

katiem111 wrote: »
    I got message today! Passed, no. 2 for Mayo. Getting nervous now, how do i tell my boss of 15 years I'm leaving? ��

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 44 katiem111

Rikand wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Ok, so I got carried away with myself...batch 7, OOM 2. Does this mean there are still dozens/hundreds of others ahead of me? All with better scores? Confusing.

Rikand wrote: »
    They do the interviews in batches.

i.e. if they called 15 people to interview first time around. Those people would be Batch 1. So the person who finished 7th after the interviews would be batch 1, oom 7, etc

Then the next round of interviews is done and they are batch 2, next round are batch 3, etc....

So if you were in the group of people who were placed in the 60's after the first test, you'd be batch 5 and then your position (2), the second best person interviewed from that batch.

(all interview numbers completely hypothetical)

That's how i understood it to be in previous years but I'm not so sure.

My original oom was top 25, did the interview and place top 5. Someone else mentioned they interviewed 27 in my location, and the "our ref number" is batch 6. So unless its batches of 4 and everyone else bar a couple took and passed the interview, it just doesn't add up.

Unless the batches are their own reference for the batches they've interviewed at a national level.

• Advertisement

I got message today! Passed, no. 2 for Mayo. Getting nervous now, how do i tell my boss of 15 years I'm leaving? 😬

You wait until you get an offer and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Pretty sure their no longer interviewing big numbers of people in batches, since covid. Their only interviewing once they've reached your oom and have an actual jobs available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

I just send off the garda e-vetting form - in one's experience how long does this usually take. From once you get the form back what is the usual process (ie do PAS get in contact with you about which Dept you will be asigned too etc) thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Well done, hope you don't have long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

rcrell1 wrote: »
    I just send off the garda e-vetting form - in one's experience how long does this usually take. From once you get the form back what is the usual process (ie do PAS get in contact with you about which Dept you will be asigned too etc) thanks in advance

Mine took 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

I just got the Customs Officer email.

Are these permanent or temporary positions within the Public Service?

As in, would I be booted out of the public service once Brexit is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rcrell1

was this in Dublin / Wexford - did they give you a start date etc

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciarawira

Catd1980 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear how interviews are progressing for Laois?

They are at oom 15 for Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

was this in Dublin / Wexford - did they give you a start date etc

It was just the email asking if I was interested in applying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

I sent the e-vet application on a Thursday evening. Was assigned a position by PAS on the Monday morning. Then got an email from e-vetting to say process was completed on the Tuesday morning.

Advertisement