Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Level 3 will get extended and extended, Xmas will be dangled in front of people like a carrot.

What will happen is that death rates will be minuscule and after another few months we drop to level 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Leo is going to be on Claire Byrne live later to answer questions.

Telling the nation he doesn't agree with any of the measures.

Belgium, Avril Lavigne, Mean girls, something something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Leo is going to be on Claire Byrne live later to answer questions.

Where the feck is Mehole?

You don`t know where your hole is? You have a bit of a problem there right enough. However if you`re referring to Micheal Martin then he will be giving a national address on TV and broadcast media at 9pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

begbysback wrote: »
    What will happen is that death rates will be minuscule and after another few months we drop to level 2

Love the optimism,refreshing.

Officially at 2am on Sunday 25th of this month.

IST or UTC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Fcuk sake, between the **** show that is schools and this farce, our government don't have a shred of integrity or grit.

Leave schools out of this farce of a situation which is caused by the HSE not increasing their Winter capacity, and NPHET's failure to come up with a 'living with Covid' plan - just a lockdown until we're bankrupt plan. Your idiotic comments re schools and their seemingly unimportant role in our society makes me wonder should you re-enrol in a CSPE course of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm confused by the levels plan, take care y'all, I need a break and not a kit kat break

One last session, I'll be there at 9...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

begbysback wrote: »
    A web pub, what is that like virtual drinking?

I imagined an Internet cafe with a bar. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Leave schools out of this farce of a situation which is caused by the HSE not increasing their Winter capacity, and NPHET's failure to come up with a 'living with Covid' plan - just a lockdown until we're bankrupt plan. Your idiotic comments re schools and their seemingly unimportant role in our society makes me wonder should you re-enrol in a CSPE course of some sort.

Absolutely uncalled for, reported :mad: my comments regarding schools come from working in a school, what do you work as? Education is of incredible importance but it is not more important than people's safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Love the optimism,refreshing.

Or maybe just stuck in stage (i) -

denial.
    anger.
    bargaining.
    depression.
    acceptance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So they aren't doing a press conference to explain why they overruled nphet and any take questions as to future plans possibly? Wow.

Anyone who needs to be explained to as to why NPHET had to be overruled today should question their outlook on the current situation.
    It is absolutely unacceptable that an unelected body of doctors convene an unannounced meeting on a Sunday, then leak to the press re their recommendations which haven't yet been ran passed the elected Government. All the while failing to appear before our elected TD's at the Oireachtas Committee until forced to last week and actually provide some data as to the reasoning for their recommendations.
    Level 5 would finish the economy, jobs, healthcare, futures. Zero Covid is unachievable and NPHET should be disbanded as a matter of urgency and replaced with a body of doctors with wider views on how we proceed. This body should also include experts from other areas of our economy and society to help mitigate and offset future actions that may need to be taken.
    Any business that is capable of following current guidelines re distancing, masks, time limits, etc., should be allowed to stay open with an information campaign rolled out for the Winter for those who are at greater risk of severe symptoms of Covid.

It's worth remembering the 11,400 thousand on trolleys this time last year. We didn't even try and save the hospitals, we needed 11,400 beds and extra covid capacity on top of that.
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/11400-people-trolleys-october-hospital-overcrowding-920041
    Martin, Leo, Harris all ex ministers for health, they need to be held to account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

gmisk wrote: »
    Just 39 vacant icu beds is pretty scary...that isn't a huge amount of spare capacity.

The fact NPHET forecasted 50-70 in icu by 25th October due to covid....

Level 5 would have been extreme but they aren't taking account the economic impacts I suppose.

Is the plan just to let the gravely ill die then? 39 spare is a shocking indictment of years of neglect.

I suppose if that's the choice made so be it. Could be a horrendous Christmas coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭boardise

In the interest of balance, I'll post the same reply to your "wise words" from the last thread.

The politicians you referred to are the same calibre of people who didn't realise that their golf hooley was in blatant breach of the restrictions at the time.

That's just silly rhetorical hot air.
    The Golf society episode had nothing to do with the serious cabinet members who are wrestling with an almost intractable set of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Is the plan just to let the gravely ill die then? 39 spare is a shocking indictment of years of neglect.

I suppose if that's the choice made so be it. Could be a horrendous Christmas coming up.

If it comes to that, the government will buy a private hospital, or send people to the nightingale hospitals in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Random enough but good idea. Should be yearly tbh https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1313182054989869057?s=19

22nd is a Tuesday.....must be a false positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Does anyone expect the virus to have abated by 23nd December?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

A bank holiday to celebrate our new Covid-19 overlords ? Sounds like a smashing idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Eod100 wrote: »
    Random enough but good idea. Should be yearly tbh https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1313182054989869057?s=19

Try to get the public onside with the carrot of a bank holiday at Christmas. Pathetic really

• Registered Users Posts: 24,827 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Are they really stopping indoor dining but keeping the pubs open? Can't follow the logic there at all.

It’s a head scratcher.

It’s almost as if they are saying... “well the industry and the exchequer can benefit more from people IN drinking as opposed to IN eating so let them have their pints”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What is the purpose in this? It is hardly as obvious as it looks.

Bank Holidays mean fook all under current circumstances anyway. Had a rake of them in April and May which were no use. At the time , I wished I was back working.

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s a head scratcher.

It’s almost as if they are saying... “well the industry and the exchequer can benefit more from people IN drinking as opposed to IN eating so let them have their pints”

Pubs and restaurants can open if they can do outdoor dining/drinking upto a max of 15 persons in each area

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What is the purpose in this? It is hardly as obvious as it looks.

Bank Holidays mean fook all under current circumstances anyway. Had a rake of them in April and May which were no use. At the time , I wished I was back working.

Well not if you get to work then and get extra cash as a result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I wonder are they just leaking stuff to the press now for the craic?
    Government announces free pot noodles on Saturdays from now until next May :confused: This is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

It's worth remembering the 11,400 thousand on trolleys this time last year. We didn't even try and save the hospitals, we needed 11,400 beds and extra covid capacity on top of that.
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/11400-people-trolleys-october-hospital-overcrowding-920041
    Martin, Leo, Harris all ex ministers for health, they need to be held to account.

I think that was the total number over the entire month. There wouldn't be a whole lot more than 11,400 beds in total as it is. IIRC the highest figure on trolleys on a single day/night was about 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

What's with the bank holiday thing, how is it related to covid at all? Why the hell would a new holiday be announced as part of a majorly important covid briefing?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,142 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

150 people now in hospitals across Ireland with Covid19, 23 in ICU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

bb1234567 wrote: »
    What's with the bank holiday thing, how is it related to covid at all? Why the hell would a new holiday be announced as part of a majorly important covid briefing?

We can always take a long weekend away, a city break maybe :rolleyes: no maybe not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement