Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CHAdeMO v CCS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Still about 750 short, between the Model S & Model X (519) and Zoe's which could be CCS, then it could well be even. I think you agreed to exclude them as part of the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

S and X all are CCS anyway.
    I'm still waiting to find the text of the bet

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Laviski wrote: »
    okay it adds up now.
    so the state of play as of July 2020, 11783 electric cars. The early years some cars are marked as UNIDENTIFIED or no model stated. (of that we are talking 20 units)

The numbers on my Google Sheet are a little different, Kona matches. Leaf is 5406, double checked that number on beepbeep, so you are still missing something.

ELM327 wrote: »
    S and X all are CCS anyway.
    I'm still waiting to find the text of the bet

Is the CHAdeMO adapter still compatible (even if it's not sold) with the new ones, there is no point adding it as a mark in both columns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

So almost half the Irish BEV car fleet is represented by just 1 car. Are you leaving out commercial ENV200's

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    Is the CHAdeMO adapter still compatible (even if it's not sold) with the new ones, there is no point adding it as a mark in both columns.
    Compatible yes but not supplied with.
    Hence what I was saying about natively supporting CCS as out of the factory you can rock up to a CCS point and charge.

Compatible yes but not supplied with.
    Hence what I was saying about natively supporting CCS as out of the factory you can rock up to a CCS point and charge.

So after 2019, they are supplied with the CCS adapter? Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

Stealthirl wrote: »
    So almost half the Irish BEV car fleet is represented by just 1 car. Are you leaving out commercial ENV200's

data i collected was for passenger only electric vehicles for which i saw the following.

Rank Make Model TotalUnits
    24 NISSAN EVALIA 7
    25 NISSAN NV200 PASSENGER 7

from sifting through the light commercial id say your only talking 600-700 in total for light commercial (light vans), it isn't massive but the uptake on that but has grown a lot last year with 334 in comparison to the previous year which are less than 100 and going considerably less as you go back.
    its great to see some stats but the tool on the site is just rubbish for collecting yearly totals, yet to go back and look through to see why my figures are slightly lighter than liamog's for passenger data.

Did you figure out where your missing Leaf's were, you can cross check against the sheet I published https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tB_jWJf5cZjw36mn9enQ_vU0JDuDe1s-ZE4xFyFwgkI/edit#gid=1699030877&range=M5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Laviski wrote: »
    data i collected was for passenger only electric vehicles for which i saw the following.

Rank Make Model TotalUnits
    24 NISSAN EVALIA 7
    25 NISSAN NV200 PASSENGER 7

I had a look and came up with this
    Kangoo 51

Kangoo 7

Kangoo 8
    eNV200 3

eNV200 16
    Kangoo 4

eNV200 9
    Kangoo 4
    Tesla 1

eNV200 36
    Berlingo 4
    Kango 1

Kangoo 42
    Berlingo 27
    eNV200 22

Kangoo 175
    eNV200 94
    LDV80 40
    Zoe 16
    Berlingo 2
    Kango 2
    Master 2
    Vito 2

2020 [so far]
    Kangoo 54
    eNV200 48
    Master 3
    LDV80 2
    Vito 1
    e208 1

Plus a handful of GOUPIL G3 i ignored
    1. Renault Kangoo - 346
    2. Nissan eNV200 - 228
    3. LDV80 - 75
    4. Citroën Berlingo - 33
    5. Renault Zoe - 16
    6. Renault Master - 5
    7. Mercedes-Benz Vito - 3
    8. Peugeot e208 - 1

Total = 782 (790's with the Goupil G3's)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

As said 2019 was a spectacular uptake for light commercial, but in grand scheme a long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

ELM327 wrote:
    S and X all are CCS anyway. I'm still waiting to find the text of the bet
    I'll try finding it :)

Another good month for CCS, there are now with just 540 cars between CCS and CHAdeMO. With the release of the ID.3 this month, I think we may well see CCS squeak ahead of CHAdeMO by year end.

Make|Model|New|Used|Total
    AUDI|E-TRON|9||9
    BMW|I3|2||2
    HYUNDAI|IONIQ|9|1|10
    |KONA|36||36
    KIA|NIRO|65||65
    |SOUL|54|3|57
    MERCEDES-BENZ|EQC|1||1
    MG|UNIDENTIFIED||1|1
    MINI|MINI CLUBMAN|6||6
    |MINI HATCH|2||2
    NISSAN|LEAF|17|22|39
    OPEL|CORSA|9||9
    PEUGEOT|208|15||15
    |2008|3||3
    |ION ELECTRIC||1|1
    PORSCHE|TAYCAN|6||6
    RENAULT|TWIZY|1||1
    |ZOE|27|1|28
    TESLA|MODEL 3|27||27
    |MODEL S|1|4|5
    VOLKSWAGEN|E GOLF|6||6
    Grand Total||296|33|329

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭innrain

Big drop for Nissan. It is going to be an unusual quarter as some companies would push to get into the 0% BIK scheme as new entrants after 31/12/2020 do not qualify. ID3 new deliveries would also push CCS. From the 22 EV models sold as new this year only 2 (?) with CHAdeMO. Yeah we might see CHAdeMO loosing the throne this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah looks like Chademo is on a definite decline. Those Leafs won't go anywhere for a while yet, so hopefully DC chargers will keep supporting Chademo for a while yet. I suspect new installations will be CCS only soon, the way Ionity went

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

This months numbers unsurprisingly a lot of ID.3's registered.
    CCS is now at 5543
    CHAdeMO at 5575.

Very close to calling this a win for ELM327

Make|Model|New|Used
    AUDI|E-TRON|13|1
    BMW|I3|8|
    HYUNDAI|IONIQ|6|1
    |KONA|57|
    JAGUAR|I-PACE||3
    KIA|NIRO|52|
    |SOUL|6|1
    MERCEDES-BENZ|E CLASS||1
    MG|UNIDENTIFIED||2
    MINI|MINI CLUBMAN|13|
    |MINI HATCH|8|
    NISSAN|LEAF|51|31
    OPEL|CORSA|3|
    PEUGEOT|208|9|
    |2008|1|
    PORSCHE|OTHER PORSCHE||1
    |TAYCAN|3|
    RENAULT|ZOE|15|1
    SMART|FORTWO||2
    TESLA|MODEL 3|162|
    |MODEL S|8|7
    |MODEL X|6|
    VOLKSWAGEN|E GOLF|5|
    |ID|238|
    Grand Total||664|51

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What is “Other Porsche”? Maybe a classic conversion or something?

probably a badly registered taycan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Model 3 still selling well and although modest the S imports are in line with domestic sales, loopy Ioniq figure, they really messed that car up

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I don't editorialise the results, I just take what beepbeep records, that's why the Mini Clubmans are left in, I exclude them for the purposes of CHAdeMO vs CCS numbers :D

• Advertisement

I think there's a clubman phev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭cannco253

Looks like you might be able to convert a Leaf to CCS next year if you wanted to...

https://muxsan.com/English/faq.html#future-products

Will you offer CCS fast charging upgrades?
    Yes, probably early 2021

I'm not surprised. The connectors and software behind them are not that different. The comms protocol iss different but apart from that should be a straight hardware swapout and reconfig. Tesla are doing it already, albeit with an associated CCS to DC type 2 adapter

I think there's a clubman phev

There is, no idea why they are being recorded as electric though in the beepbeep stats, must be someone selecting the wrong option when submitting the data. As far as I can tell it's the only phev that shows up incorrectly. They're recorded in the A0 tax class, A1 should be used for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭KCross

... must be someone selecting the wrong option when submitting the data.

They've the ID.3 listed as "ID" and an "estate" so that is quite likely! :pac:

Should be fun trying to separate out the VW figures when the ID.4 comes on stream and it too gets bundled in as an "ID"!

KCross wrote: »
    They've the ID.3 listed as "ID" and an "estate" so that is quite likely! :pac:

Should be fun trying to separate out the VW figures when the ID.4 comes on stream and it too gets bundled in as an "ID"!

So far their have been 6 Mini Convertible's registered and 1 Mini Contertible. I think SIMI need to do some data quality work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

cannco253 wrote: »
    Looks like you might be able to convert a Leaf to CCS next year if you wanted to...

https://muxsan.com/English/faq.html#future-products

That's great. The CHAdeMO car owners can pay for those conversions if they want to keep up to date. Like I paid for my car's conversion to CCS a couple of weeks ago. So the tax payer no longer has to pay for any new CHAdeMO charger installs. Insane to waste public money on obsolete tech.

unkel wrote: »
    That's great. The CHAdeMO car owners can pay for those conversions if they want to keep up to date. Like I paid for my car's conversion to CCS a couple of weeks ago. So the tax payer no longer has to pay for any new CHAdeMO charger installs. Insane to waste public money on obsolete tech.

Now this is an area that we'd all benefit from if SEAI were to introduce a grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Now this is an area that we'd all benefit from if SEAI were to introduce a grant.

Grants are always poor use of public funds as the money mostly ends up in someone's pocket it wasn't intended for. SEAI grant for new EVs goes mostly to the manufacturer / dealer. SEAI grant for charger install goes mostly to the installer. SEAI grant for PV install goes mostly to the installer. Etc.

So, no. No grant!

• Advertisement

I think SEAI should introduce a grant that does not apply retroactively, to CCS conversion and retrofit.
    Just so Unkel is done out of money for once!!

Advertisement