Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

saw this on the xbox storage so thats a good thing hopefully Sony follow suit

"An alternative to this expandable storage is simply using any USB drive to store games when you don’t need to play them. If they’re not enhanced for Xbox Series X / S then you’ll even be able to run them direct from USB storage, or you can simply copy them and use drives as cheaper cold storage."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

F1ngers wrote: »
    They haven't announced PS5 compatible SSDs yet, afaIk.

Sony not giving information? Shocking!

Would like them to start announcing more details ASAP. Though they probably think they don't need to now they have all the preorders.
    Any information they have given such as BC, we have to go find it in articles and not on the official blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

sticker wrote: »
    My SSD replacemnt drive for PS4 was €100, I assume the price will remain the same for 3rd party drives for PS5

Cast you mind back to the PS Vita proprietary memory card..... probably not that bad but not a million miles off it either. Be waiting a good while for 3rd party official ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Anyone know will ps5 be in stock in November 19th or only pre order?

Will it be hard to get ? I'm not in a rush for one as haven't used ps4 in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would be shocked if there's any non pre order consoles available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Woukd be shocked if there's any non pre order consoles available

Harvey Norman and Argos are not taking pre-orders, at least yet, you can register interest, thats the best bet left imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Woukd be shocked if there's any non pre order consoles available

I got a email from DID electrical to say they will not be selling preorder and awaiting to see IF they have any allocation for physical consoles in store. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I know not PS5 related but did anyone see the price of the 1TB expansion cards for the XBOX..... $219.99. Ouch. Kinda makes the S version that little less appealing.

This 1TB SDD is faster at read 7,000MB/s and write 5,000MB/s and is $230. It might be fast enough for PS5, but Sony need to approve them for compatibility first.

The best thing about off the shelf SSD’s is that they’ll fall cheaper than the Xbox versions despite being double the speed.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/22/21444428/samsung-pc-980-pro-ssd-solid-state-drive-storage-price

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Inquitus wrote: »
    Harvey Norman and Argos are not taking pre-orders, at least yet, you can register interest, thats the best bet left imho.

have argos not taken any preorders at all? their website seems a bit screwed up for the last while , i've registered my interest but will they do home delivery or just collect instore.

Video wrote: »
    have argos not taken any preorders at all? their website seems a bit screwed up for the last while , i've registered my interest but will they do home delivery or just collect instore.

Off their website.
    REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN THE NEW PS5
    The new PlayStation 5 is coming on 19th November. Expect a completely redesigned DUALSHOCK controller, stunning visuals thanks to the addition of ray tracing, "3D Audio", backwards compatibility, and faster loading times. There'll also be a brand new game exclusive to the PS5: Godfall, a looter-slasher fantasy RPG.

Unfortunately due to unprecedented demand it is not currently available for pre-order. Sign up to hear about stock availability and news about accessories, bundles and games.

Register now

https://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/gaming-recent-releases.htm&mvt=pcwk35_slot7_registeryourinterest

• Advertisement

Whats the big deal about pre ordering it. just go in to buy it on 19th November or wait a few days after it . Not the end or the world if you dont get it on the 19th November .

Danny552 wrote: »
    Whats the big deal about pre ordering it. just go in to buy it on 19th November or wait a few days after it . Not the end or the world if you dont get it on the 19th November .

Gamestop are not guaranteeing all pre-orders will be delivered this year, that's not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

If you want it this side of Christmas you are probably going to need a pre-order.

Gamestop are not guaranteeing all pre-orders will be delivered this year, that's not a good sign.

Haven't bought anything from Gamestop in about 10 years, other places will have it, there will be plenty in stock to buy come Christmas thsts where they are going to make most of there money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was told by manager that my local Smyths IS doing midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,549 ✭✭✭✭klose

Times like this i miss extra vision, was able to pre order ps4 and pay away in cash whenever I wanted it and collected it day 1 without hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm no soccer fan but to me, that's like saying "why bother watching the world cup final live when you can watch a replay the day after". To me, and I assume others, this is the world cup final and I want to be front and centre for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

klose wrote:
    Times like this i miss extra vision, was able to pre order ps4 and pay away in cash whenever I wanted it and collected it day 1 without hassle.

Didn't they force people to buy extra items with their pre-order for the Xbox One or they wouldn't honour it and get a load of abuse for that, and had to can the same procedure for the PS4 launch a couple of weeks later?

Yeah I don't miss them based on that kind of ****e acting.

Haven't bought anything from Gamestop in about 10 years, other places will have it, there will be plenty in stock to buy come Christmas thsts where they are going to make most of there money.

This is extremely presumptuous
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Didn't they force people to buy extra items with their pre-order for the Xbox One or they wouldn't honour it and get a load of abuse for that, and had to can the same procedure for the PS4 launch a couple of weeks later?

Yea that is exactly what they did

Markitron wrote: »
    This is extremely presumptuous

Yep, given Smyths and Gamestop are the 2 biggest console retailers in the country, that's incredibly presumptuous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

The day 1 experience is something special imo, it's like christmas morning . The fact that it sold out within minutes of preorders going live means it may/will be hard to get on launch day or even this year because of covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Other places will have it yes on the 19th. And they will be sold out within 1 or 2 hours.

The amount of pre orders a Gamestop and the fact they are already telling people they might not get one before Christmas is not a good sign.

Retailers will probably get some more stock before Christmas but they will be gone as soon as they advertise them.

There won't be any on shop shelves if that is what you are getting at.

Yep, given Smyths and Gamestop are the 2 biggest console retailers in the country, that's incredibly presumptuous.

I also find it a bit bizarre that someone would come into a thread about the PS5, a thread that has 4600 posts stretching back 18 months, and ask what the big deal is about getting it on day one

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm no soccer fan but to me, that's like saying "why bother watching the world cup final live when you can watch a replay the day after". To me, and I assume others, this is the world cup final and I want to be front and centre for it.

Football . Well that's just the worst example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,549 ✭✭✭✭klose

First I heard,had no issues with mine thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah. They tried to claim they were directed to do so by Microsoft, but had to backtrack on that fairly sharpish, apologise, refund anyone who brought back the extra items they were forced to buy, and promise they wouldn't do the same for the PS4.

They were always my go-to before that. After I got my PS4 (and bought the extra games/controller I was going to buy there in Argos down the street instead), I don't think I ever spend another cent in there.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah. They tried to claim they were directed to do so by Microsoft, but had to backtrack on that fairly sharpish, apologise, refund anyone who brought back the extra items they were forced to buy, and promise they wouldn't do the same for the PS4.

They were always my go-to before that. After I got my PS4 (and bought the extra games/controller I was going to buy there in Argos down the street instead), I don't think I ever spend another cent in there.

Trying to lie their way out of it was the worst, feel bad for the staff having to enforce that ****e on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Strumms wrote: »
    The price of games now is ridiculous. 80 euros is just a pisstake. I know a deal of development and testing and other costs like packaging are incurred but the physical product is costing only a handful of euros to make.

But by that logic - Digital downloads should be free as there is no packaging or physical disk. Development takes Years with hundreds of people involved that all have to be paid.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Just got an email from game UK saying they will have more stock late tomorrow morning,maybe this will be the same for other stores aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

I recevied an email from GAME earlier saying they have a limited number of pre-orders going up tomorrow 'late' morning. It might be worth a try for those who are happy to order via parcel motel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement