Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Parsnips wrote: »
    Ive just recieved that Email from Smyths now about perordering . Lunchtime tomorrow
    Seems like there might be plenty to go round after all.

Wouldn't say plenty. They've said the new batch is extremely limited

RGARDINR wrote: »
    If you can I would order to your house. With the way restrictions etc. Happening around the country you never know what will happen. Here is hoping that they are not delayed coming to Ireland with the way covid seems to be going up around the world and it doesn't have a major knock on effect that ps5/xbox consoles arriving into Ireland then if they do that major restrictions are not in place in each county etc. Have mine reserved in Dublin City centre and one for nephew in Dublin suburb so here is hoping come closer to the time.

Shipping into Ireland has never really been impacted throughout the worst periods. Cargo planes generally are immune from restrictions

Will Smyths deliver on release day I wonder? Any confirmation on that?

They will if you preordered early as all stores will have a certain allocation for release day. I believe Smyths were given an initial 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lunch time lol. Just give an actual time ffs Smyths :pac:. There website will last all of twenty seconds tomorrow more then likely!

I have one on Amazon but never fully realised I got it till I checked my email for a confirmation...so unsure if I actually have it. Would Smyths deliver on release day? Might try my luck tomorrow and cancel other one

If you can get one from Smyths then cancel Amazon as Amazon over sold and have said they can't guarantee release day preorders. Smyths haven't made the same statement so we can assume Smyths aren't selling beyond their allocation quota. Also you'll need Parcel Motel with Amazon so that's at least a 24 hour delay so guaranteed not to get it on release day for Irish customers. Collect in store in Smyths is the fastest way to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

loughrey wrote: »
    If you can get one from Smyths then cancel Amazon as Amazon over sold and have said they can't guarantee release day preorders. Smyths haven't made the same statement so we can assume Smyths aren't selling beyond their allocation quota. Also you'll need Parcel Motel with Amazon so that's at least a 24 hour delay so guaranteed not to get it on release day for Irish customers. Collect in store in Smyths is the fastest way to get it

Smyths have continuously said the last pre order batch is confirmed for launch anyway

Tomorrow is anyone’s guess

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Gonna buy €5 psn wallet top-up so I can add my payment details now and save some precious seconds tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Got an email from Amazon.co.uk they also have limited pre orders for tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Terminator wrote: »
    Gonna buy €5 psn wallet top-up so I can add my payment details now and save some precious seconds tomorrow.

No need to buy anything, buy a PS5 controller and cancel after completing purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

FYI for anyone trying smyths tomorrow you can only add one PlayStation 5 item to your basket at any one time.
    If you try put a ps5 and an extra controller or any other accessories in your basket at the same time it won’t let you.
    Just get your ps5 ordered and then go back for whatever other accessories you need. (This is a daft system as I now have a bunch of individual orders with smyths)

Last time I think click and collect orders sold out first then the home delivery orders went after that. So if your nervous about getting half way through the check out process and then being told it’s sold out you might be better off going for a home delivery order straight away? Someone else who was successful last time might be able to confirm this

Also if you don’t have a smyths account set up one up now and save your credit card details and address to make checking out tomorrow faster (just preorder a controller or something now and it will give you the options to save your details and if you fail tomorrow you can cancel the preorder)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

FYI for anyone trying smyths tomorrow you can only add one PlayStation 5 item to your basket at any one time.
    If you try put a ps5 and an extra controller or any other accessories in your basket at the same time it won’t let you.
    Just get your ps5 ordered and then go back for whatever other accessories you need. (This is a daft system as I now have a bunch of individual orders with smyths)

Last time I think click and collect orders sold out first then the home delivery orders went after that. So if your nervous about getting half way through the check out process and then being told it’s sold out you might be better off going for a home delivery order straight away? Someone else who was successful last time might be able to confirm this

Also if you don’t have a smyths account set up one up now and save your credit card details and address to make checking out tomorrow faster (just preorder a controller or something now and it will give you the options to save your details and if you fail tomorrow you can cancel the preorder)

Can you have 2 different orders at once? I.e. 1 digital and 1 non-digital in seperate tabs to see which goes through?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I can't find the 1TB drive I got with the Pro. Is there a way to format my 2TB drive so it shows as 1TB? GameStop/CeX won't take it with a swapped out drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭orwell77

loughrey wrote: »

I’ve one preordered with amazon, haven’t gotten any email from them to say over sold or not guaranteeing delivery, I read online others have../ do ye think I should try smyths tomorow to be extra sure
    I need it for Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

orwell77 wrote: »
    I’ve one preordered with amazon, haven’t gotten any email from them to say over sold or not guaranteeing delivery, I read online others have../ do ye think I should try smyths tomorow to be extra sure
    I need it for Xmas
    it was amazon america over sold If you got one of amazon uk your fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

AdamD wrote: »
    Can you have 2 different orders at once? I.e. 1 digital and 1 non-digital in seperate tabs to see which goes through?

I don’t think so if you open two tabs of smyths and add a console on one when you refresh the tab you will have a console in the basket of the second tab

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭orwell77

rob808 wrote: »
    it was amazon america over sold If you got one of amazon uk your fine.

Brilliant thanks
    Was just thinking they can’t have oversold if they’re releasing a few more tomorow.. have 3 mammies on the watch tomorow for the man in red , this thread has been so helpful.. only for ye I wouldn’t have had mine so thanks everyone here 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

Ordered the headset and pre-ordered Spiderman, details all saved on Smyths.
    I had tomorrow off work anyway, so lets see if I am one of the lucky ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

fixXxer wrote: »
    I can't find the 1TB drive I got with the Pro. Is there a way to format my 2TB drive so it shows as 1TB? GameStop/CeX won't take it with a swapped out drive.

I'd say write into CeX support and ask if they can give a price/take it as 1tb even though it's 2tb.

When I worked there I distinctly remember trying to get them to give us a price for a 2tb PS4 Slim and they told us to buy it as a 1tb.

Can't see why they wouldn't take it with a swapped HDD it doesn't void warranties to swap them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Good luck to everyone trying for the pre order tomorrow. Hope they get a decent amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

So we all guessing 12pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good luck to everyone trying for the pre order tomorrow. Hope they get a decent amount.

I'll 2nd this, hope everyone trying manages to get one..... Except if you're a scalper, then i hope you get nothing you dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Have a script created that will constantly refresh the page and purchase a PS5 when they go on sale.

Constantly? How many do you expect to have purchased by the end of the day? Them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Currys Uk, Game UK , Smyths UK and Argos UK will all have preorders tomorrow incase someone cant get one from Smyths here.

Also Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Think Sony found a few in a warehouse :) pretty much every store around the world has pre orders tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

dan786 wrote: »
    Currys Uk, Game UK , Smyths UK and Argos UK will all have preorders tomorrow incase someone cant get one from Smyths here.

Also Amazon UK.

Any others in Ireland? I’d presume GameStop + Smyths would be the main two?

Any others in Ireland? I’d presume GameStop + Smyths would be the main two?

Gamestop are telling people who preordered in may that they're not guaranteed a console before 2021. **** their 50 quid virtual queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gamestop are telling people who preordered in may that they're not guaranteed a console before 2021. **** their 50 quid virtual queue.

I don't want to piss on bonfires but would those who preorder tomorrow know when they are going to get theirs??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Jesus, didn’t know that.

Yeah, I thought their €50 queue was bull**** tbh. Usual GameStop thieves tho..

ERG89 wrote: »
    I don't want to piss on bonfires but would those who preorder tomorrow know when they are going to get theirs??

No idea, I'm sure when they go live on smyths tomorrow that there will be a release date for them. If it's still Nov 19th, then it should be launch day. Interesting if it says something else though. I imagine these are all for launch day except the Gamestop ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ordered one on Box.co.uk last week. Communication from them has been great, three email updates so far.

Will probably chance Amazon/Smyths tomorrow just to secure another pre-order and cancel the one I'm least confident of closer to release.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement