Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    I have 2 PS4s in the house, one primary for my son on his account upstairs and I use my main admin account on a pro downstairs.

I think that rules me out of sharing!

That's the intended use of game sharing by both MS and Sony.
    But thanks for info - I wouldnt mind but I've a huge library - over 300 games in total so I'd be a ripe candidate for donor!

I too have a big catalogue of games and if for example you and I were to share, that would be against Ts & Cs and if caught would lead to a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Was hoping that GameShare would stick around for next gen, myself and my brother have been meaning to do it for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So seems while an independent company like CD Projekt Red can offer free upgrades of their game, Sony can't even offer the ability to use the Spider-Man PS4 saves on the PS5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So seems while an independent company like CD Projekt Red can offer free upgrades of their game, Sony can't even offer the ability to use the Spider-Man PS4 saves on the PS5 version.

Even Ubisoft are doing it ffs. Although it's a pity they treat next-gen gamers with more respect than they do their female employees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Damn the PS4 Pro cash value gone at CEX. Was trying to finish TLOU2 before trading it in

What are Gamestop offering for PS4 Pro in cash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

How does gameshare work on PS4? Is it not risky to share account login information and is there a risk of ban from Sony? Or do I have this all wrong?!

Nope been doing it for years with a mate, we go halves on games and have saved a good few quid going that route

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just dropped all my Ps4 stuff into CEX said should have the money in my account by tomorrow.

Was just thinking I can't remember the last time I've not had a Playstation at home! Always had one knocking around until bought latest so it's mad having none at all now ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

4g3oai.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I couldnt go a day without my PS4! - I'm hooked on Division 2 since near launch day. Grinding every day :( - I've a ton of new games stockpiled but they are all just gathering dust. Inclusive of which is a Quest VR set with Half Life Alyx ready to go. I wouldn't mind but I have a buyer of the Quest with a Quest 2 on pre-order. Not to mention the PS5 also on pre-order.

I need help :confused:

Sorry if posted previosuly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Wonder if Smyths will do mid night launch? Would imagine unlikely if the rumours of only 10 consoles per store are correct. Have my holidays booked off work foor the Thursday and Friday. Cant wait.

Tempted by an extra controller and the charging station, must resist!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

I see that both Harvey Norman and PC World have done online pre orders for the Xbox Series consoles but neither have done them for the PS5.

This is very annoying but confusing considering that at the minute PlayStations outsell Xboxs in Ireland.

Strange that 2 major stored apparently have enough stock if one to do Pre orders yet they aren't doing pre orders for the PS5.

Wonder if Smyths will do mid night launch? Would imagine unlikely if the rumours of only 10 consoles per store are correct. Have my holidays booked off work foor the Thursday and Friday. Cant wait.

Pre-ordered my PS5 and charging dock from Gamestop - Offical email received - no deposit.

Pre-ordered Demon Souls and added controller from Smyths.

Not taking any chances!

Heard a rumour today about Smyths closing in October and maybe only going online or click and collect. Bull**** more then likely but ya nothing would surprise me these days !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Heard a rumour today about Smyths closing in October and maybe only going online or click and collect. Bull**** more then likely but ya nothing would surprise me these days !

Not a chance, Christmas is their busiest time of the year so why would they close just before their busiest time of the year. Not everyone shops online either some people prefer to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Have heard that throughout the last week or so as well.

Anyone know why delivery-only was available for the Digital version? Compared to click and collect for full version.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dan786 wrote: »
    Not a chance, Christmas is their busiest time of the year so why would they close just before their busiest time of the year. Not everyone shops online either some people prefer to go in.

Agreed. At best they may be working on plans for how to continue in the event of lockdowns in regions, or how to manage the usual Xmas rush under Covid requirements of social distancing etc by trying to push more people towards online/click&collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They've rubbished that last week on social media, confirmed stores are staying open when asked

Good hopefully its just the usual ****e talk online!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I know not PS5 related but did anyone see the price of the 1TB expansion cards for the XBOX..... $219.99. Ouch. Kinda makes the S version that little less appealing.

• Advertisement

I know not PS5 related but did anyone see the price of the 1TB expansion cards for the XBOX..... $219.99. Ouch. Kinda makes the S version that little less appealing.

Makes ya wonder how much the drives for the Ps5 will cost.....

My SSD replacemnt drive for PS4 was €100, I assume the price will remain the same for 3rd party drives for PS5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

My SSD replacemnt drive for PS4 was €100, I assume the price will remain the same for 3rd party drives for PS5

They haven't announced PS5 compatible SSDs yet, afaIk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭recyclops

i thought the drives you already use can be used to store games only but not play them thats what i thought was happening with the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

they say games are going to be smaller. I hope so as otherwise I'll only have room for Warzone and one other game, maybe something like pong

Video wrote: »
    i love sony but they're making some really bad moves over the last week or two .
    I have not been impressed with Sony's communication over the past few months.

I see a lot of people online confused about the Spiderman thing. Does the PS4 version get an upgrade, is Morales a full game, do saves carry over? etc. When you get to the bottom of it, it's not that complicated. I could explain it in two sentences. But Sony have beaten around the bush, made vague statements and just generally sown a lot of confusion. It's like they don't want to be the bearer of bad news, so instead they just act cagey, or tell lies of omission. It's not a good strategy, it's doing a lot of harm to their image.

That's just one example, there are more. The stuff about back-compat was poorly explained because their statements left room for interpretation. The HZD2 thing makes no sense - "it's designed from the ground up for PS5 but it also runs on PS4" - that's a nonsensical statement. The way they just kind of quietly announced the game would also be on PS4, like an afterthought. It's all very amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Costs nearly half the price of the Series X, and not far off the full price for the Series S.

Yeah, that price is absurd. Its need to come down in a big way....

F1ngers wrote: »
    They haven't announced PS5 compatible SSDs yet, afaIk.

Yes I know, I making an assumption here that it will follow suit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the ten per store are for actual in store orders. Online orders that are click and collect are outside of this.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    they say games are going to be smaller. I hope so as otherwise I'll only have room for Warzone and one other game, maybe something like pong

Interesting Reading here on that:

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/gaming/ps5-reveals-size-of-the-upcoming-games-demons-souls-and-marvels-spider-man-mile-morales-8837331.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement