Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Obviously I can Google, but uhhh, who is she? Someone relatively "famous" I'm presuming? :)

I wouldn't call her famous, more well known among the gaming Industry. She used to work for IGN and presented some of their shows but moved to Funhaus and the Inside Gaming Team years ago. She had small NPC roles in After Party and the latest Gears of War game.
    She also has a weekly podcast with Troy Baker, Mike Bithell and Austin Wintory called Play, Watch, Listen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Obviously I can Google, but uhhh, who is she? Someone relatively "famous" I'm presuming? :)

She's an internet personality for lack of a better explanation.
    Currently works for RoosterTeeth, under their FunHaus brand.

I like Lana, but I can't help thinking these cameo roles in games never please gamers and only end up with the person getting abuse instead of praise!

Hopefully it goes well though, she's getting plaudits so far, from what I can see on Twitter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1306669881505411073?s=19

She will only show up in the Nomad life path

Jessica Chobot in ME3 vibes. I remember the internet losing their shít about that, for what was essentially a nothing character.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1306669881505411073?s=19

She will only show up in the Nomad life path

Not to be creepy , I know its more a representation of who she is and not a clone copy. But isn't she quite curvy in real life and the modelling there is quite thin? Not that it effects anything.

Just if I was represented in game I would like myself to by myself even in regards to weight. At the end of the day won't effect the character giving the quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,635 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had heard about youtubers being NPC's in the game, nothing against it, Death Stranding had a bunch of famous people Kojima admired and I thought it was a nice touch. I like how they can be unique to life path as well, extra incentive for different playthroughs if you wanted to come across one you were a fan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Greyfox

She's a legit journalist. She's done loads of work behind the scenes for various companies and prefers working on production rather than being in front of the camera.

Yeah in fairness she does know her stuff. I can't wait to play this game, we've waited so long.The question now is should i wait for the full next gen version or have I waited too long already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Not to be creepy , I know its more a representation of who she is and not a clone copy. But isn't she quite curvy in real life and the modelling there is quite thin? Not that it effects anything.

Just if I was represented in game I would like myself to by myself even in regards to weight. At the end of the day won't effect the character giving the quest.

She's also prettier IRL than the face model they've come up with. This kind of thing is a trend in a lot of games but didn't expect it from CDPR. Hard to say if it was a design choice or just not much effort put in. Happy for her though, seems like a milestone to pass. Just hope she's comfortable with the nude mods eventually. :rolleyes:

She's also prettier IRL than the face model they've come up with. This kind of thing is a trend in a lot of games but didn't expect it from CDPR. Hard to say if it was a design choice or just not much effort put in. Happy for her though, seems like a milestone to pass. Just hope she's comfortable with the nude mods eventually. :rolleyes:

Yeah I follow her on youtube and she is really passionate about all forms of games media, say she is delighted about being included in the game.

I know if I ended up in a game as an NPC , I would be delighted as you are effectively immortalized :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't care who is and isn't appearing in a game as long as their involvement doesn't prevent others from looking at the game objectively. I have felt that CD Projekt Red are in a position where Rockstar were with the gaming press/influencers a few years ago, a bit safeguarded from criticism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

8MjfPnkQfS6jKEtpgAhswH-970-80.png

1060 for recomended :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Serious amount of gangs in there, the normal folk must be in constant fear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Homelander

I don't know who comes up with game requirements but they are almost always absolute nonsense.

RX470 is minimum yet the 1060 is recommended?

Seriously, a 3200G is the recommended CPU? A low end APU?

It is the same with most games, the minimum/recommended requirements hardly ever make sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Most interesting thing is SSD as recommended - reckon we’ll be seeing that much, much more now that it’s about to become standard for consoles.

Most interesting thing is SSD as recommended - reckon we’ll be seeing that much, much more now that it’s about to become standard for consoles.

I thought the exact same Johnny , when I mentioned it to one of my buddies. Similair to the dvd being popularised by the PS2 in a way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Homelander

The last good few years most gaming PC's and laptops come with SSD's as standard. I wouldn't say there are too many people left with only mechanical boot drives in their gaming PC's at this point.

Thankfully they are much more affordable now, I got my nvme 1tb for just under £100.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Homelander wrote: »
    The last good few years most gaming PC's and laptops come with SSD's as standard. I wouldn't say there are too many people left with only mechanical boot drives in their gaming PC's at this point.

Thankfully they are much more affordable now, I got my nvme 1tb for just under £100.

I have an SSD for years, but it’s small and primarily for the OS alas so no space for games really. I will be updating my motherboard in a while and throwing in an NVME for sure, but I reckon there’s still a bit of time to go until a lot of PC users have large SSDs with the space for a couple of big 70GB games.

As said, it’s definitely a bit of a shift in approach to see it as ‘recommended’ on a game of this scale - not a bad one by any means, just probably there will be a year or two of it gradually becoming the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have a 500GB nvme as my main with a 1TB HDD as back up - that's where lesser played games, video files and all my images go. Obviously the OS is on the nvme, also the more hungry programs like Lightroom and photoshop, then I stick my most played games on there. I have a spare slot that I plan to stick a 1TB SSD into, that'll be for all other games, atm they sit on the HDD, not an issue as they would be games that don't have long load times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Taken from here;
    Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1307002627767570432?s=20

• Advertisement

The average gamer is still running 1080p and lower to mid range cards, they're trying to suit everyone I guess which is good. it should never be a case that the min recomended is beyond the average gamer's spec, it would be virtual suicide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Was expecting recommended to be more like a 2060 or 1070 tbh. 1060 is quite nice

People are surprised? This is coming out on 8th gen consoles right? PS4 came out in 2014 with hardware that was roughly 2 years behind the PC hardware at that time. So the game is releasing on effectively 8 year old hardware. It's about time they showed reasonable specs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any chance a 770GTX would run it?

Any chance a 770GTX would run it?
    https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-770/3646vs2174

720P 30FPS-cap (no vsync) I don't see how it couldn't at least handle that however AFAIK 770 doesn't support Direct X 12. Still angry they didn't choose Vulkan. So you might be completely out of luck there like me. I'm hoping my RX480 through Proton compatibility runs it. I might be building a newer computer once AMD releases new products so I may delay playing until I have a stronger system and the compatibility/performance reports come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭Cordell

770 is a DX12 GPU, but under the minimum requirements for VRAM.

Ah my bad. Read some wrong info then. If it's short on VRAM though would 720p not help with that? I don't know what resolutions these requirements are based on. I assume 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don't know, it depends, but last time my GPU was severely short of VRAM the framerate was in the single digits. Some of the memory usage depends on the textures resolution that are loaded, and that doesn't necessarily scale with the render resolution.

Should be fine with my 1660, but might just upgrade to something like a 1080 at some point

• Advertisement
Advertisement