Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I can't think of the Vodafone one, but if it's on a par with some of the others listed, I'm probably better off :D

I don't mind the monster one, but it's on soooooooooooo often.
    I have to silence Aunt Viv, and the Maltesers one makes me want to kick the tv.

Please someone make it stop.

No disrespect to the child, but I hate the ad. The voiceover also makes me want to scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

The aviva ad where the aul one is been driven to the dating for seniors and the young one had to brake suddenly, if I was driving I'd **** the aul one out of the car the way she reacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

irs wrote: »
    The seemingly endless stream of Bank ad's are absolutely awful.

Banks are losing money and want to get people borrowing again or get them to pay for keeping their money.

That smugg stomach churning asshat from 123.1e

With the fake American Accent (why).

Feel like dabbin the telly with the heel of a Cider Flagon every time he comes on.

Irrational...yes I know ...

Give better a try.

Better what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The aviva ad where the aul one is been driven to the dating for seniors and the young one had to brake suddenly, if I was driving I'd **** the aul one out of the car the way she reacted.

The thing is, for me it's scarily accurate. When I drive my aged mother, she cringes at every manoeuvre and complains I drive too fast (I don't).
    Yet, when the brother drives it's a different story, no cringing or complaints.
    He does speed, and brakes extremely late in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

And 'dating for seniors' pure american like. Sh.te off :mad:

And 'dating for seniors' pure american like. Sh.te off :mad:

Living alone and miserable until you die is proper Irish.

Living alone and miserable until you die is proper Irish.
    Pure Irish is the the mammy finally getting a bit of peace after the Daddy pops his clogs.
    Why throw that away with 'dating for seniors'? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Speedsie wrote: »
    The thing is, for me is scarily accurate. When I drive my aged mother, she cringes at every manoeuvre and complains I drive too fast (I don't).
    Yet, when the brother drives it's a different story, no cringing or complaints.
    He does speed, and brakes extremely late in my opinion.

From a man with the handle "Speedsie", I'm gonna take that with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Omg that home instead one on the radio.. "Marie knows all about da covid"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Tim76 wrote: »
    From a man with the handle "Speedsie", I'm gonna take that with a pinch of salt.

I get where you coming from, but a) I'm a female, and b) my childhood nickname was 'Speedy Gonzales' because I was so slow to do anything when asked!

Oh, and my mother is a widow these past 15 years or so, and is absolutely delighted to be single - no 'Dating for Seniors' required!

Today I saw one for drugs where a pharmacist and a flowerist meet on the street. The Pharmacist does a hard sell for his new drug, on the street, in a most unsincere way, and she laps it up. Very pasta dust!

Acosta wrote: »
    The latest backing brave ad from the kings of annoying needlessly expensive ads, AIB. Can't stand the voice over. He's sounding way too happy to be working for those fu*kers.
    AIB consistently make some of the most annoying ads on telly. They have started showing that one again where the girl is having a panic attack in her kitchen because she doesn't have a bank account.

She has the most affected yank accent I think I've ever heard on an Irish person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

AIB consistently make some of the most annoying ads on telly. They have started showing that one again where the girl is having a panic attack in her kitchen because she doesn't have a bank account.

She has the most affected yank accent I think I've ever heard on an Irish person.

Dont alot of Irish peole seem to have that Mid Atlantic Yank accent now...it's cat...

4Ad wrote: »
    Dont alot of Irish peole seem to have that Mid Atlantic Yank accent now...it's cat...
    Cat melodeon indeed. But this girl is putting on the full yankee doodle dandy.
    She exposes her roots however when she says 'A Oi B'.
    A bit of the bog creeping through.

I found the ad...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV0C4YDuQZ8

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Bleedin' morto for them so I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Seems to be standard on Irish tv/radio advertising now, just chronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I noticed Barry's tea have a habit of dubbing the main actresses voices.

The one with the 'actress trying to make it'... with the bad cover of the Proclaimers, is one such example.

Found the actress on youtube... turns out there's a reason she's dubbed. She's got an accent like she's the female Boris Johnson.

And I have no idea where the hell the accent came from.

Seems to be standard on Irish tv/radio advertising now, just chronic.
    They must be teaching it at the Billie Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Today I saw one for drugs where a pharmacist and a flowerist meet on the street. The Pharmacist does a hard sell for his new drug, on the street, in a most unsincere way, and she laps it up. Very pasta dust!

yeah saw that one, it is so contrived with the florist gushing to hear of this new drug. It feels like we're going down the American route when it comes to advertising painkillers. Plus I didnt know pharmacists are allowed to be drug pushing out in the streets either but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The dental ad which starts off with the girl in the gym Going "hiippss!","bum!" and so on,whose teeth are so white they could be seen from space. Go away,please........all bank ads. Complete hypocrisy from them, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah saw that one, it is so contrived with the florist gushing to hear of this new drug. It feels like we're going down the American route when it comes to advertising painkillers. Plus I didnt know pharmacists are allowed to be drug pushing out in the streets either but there you go.

It feels like a scene from a really bad soap opera with acting to match.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Stovepipe wrote: »
    The dental ad which starts off with the girl in the gym Going "hiippss!","bum!" and so on,whose teeth are so white they could be seen from space. Go away,please........all bank ads. Complete hypocrisy from them, of course.

She sounds hysterical. Awful ad.

Saw the Listerine (?) ad with the donkey last night.

I don't know where to begin... Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Saw the Listerine (?) ad with the donkey last night.

I don't know where to begin... Awful.

I don't really find it annoying, don't know how it's supposed to increase sales of listerine, but, at least it's memorable and we know what it's advertising, still not sure what the hysterical woman shouting "hiippss!, bum!" is advertising, is it Colgate?

Girly Gal wrote: »
    I don't really find it annoying, don't know how it's supposed to increase sales of listerine, but, at least it's memorable and we know what it's advertising, still not sure what the hysterical woman shouting "hiippss!, bum!" is advertising, is it Colgate?
    Oral B toothpaste.
    That lady must have dentures by now, that ad has been going for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Oral B toothpaste.
    That lady must have dentures by now, that ad has been going for so long.

Shows what a poor ad it is, it's on constantly for the last year or so and I still didn't know which toothpaste its advertising. Some ads after watching them once you know what product they are selling, others are too generic or vague and the product being advertised gets lost

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Shows what a poor ad it is, it's on constantly for the last year or so and I still didn't know which toothpaste its advertising. Some ads after watching them once you know what product they are selling, others are too generic or vague and the product being advertised gets lost
    I would say it has been on for at least 5 years. But maybe it just seems so long as it's so annoying :confused:

• Advertisement

Stovepipe wrote: »

Look at her fridge when she takes out a pepper... She's got a whole shelf of loose peppers in there. Is she going to eat it like an apple?

Advertisement