Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Clareman wrote: »
    The next owner of my phone is always Mrs. Clareman and she never has to worry about anything battery operated :p
    It's a family affair for us. I pass my phones down the line. The S8 is the school phone with a sim, the 9 year old has the S9 (no sim), the 11 year old has the note 10+ (no sim) and my wife has the S10 (she didn't want the note 10+ as it was too big).

They wont know what'll hit them when they have to go out on their own to buy "cheap" phones

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

cookie1977 wrote: »
    It's a family affair for us. I pass my phones down the line. The S8 is the school phone with a sim, the 9 year old has the S9 (no sim), the 11 year old has the note 10+ (no sim) and my wife has the S10 (she didn't want the note 10+ as it was too big).

They wont know what'll hit them when they have to go out on their own to buy "cheap" phones

Same thing in our house, a few years back I gave my then 5 year old my old old spare phone when she went into the childminders, she took great joy in showing the childminder her phone, I'll never forget the look of horror on the childminders face when she saw a 5 year old with a phone, I was quick to point out that it was just my old phone and there wasn't a sim card or wifi on it, she quickly apologized and said "oh, it's the same as my phone"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I made 2 changes to my phone and battery life seems fine now. Went to chrome://flags/ and enabled throttle JavaScript timers in background, I also enabled dark mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Exynos v SD

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The Exoynos doesnt come off very well in his tests including battery~wise.

Those having issues on here what model chips are yours ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I have the Exynos Note 20 Ultra and have zero issues in the two weeks of ownership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Likewise

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

listermint wrote: »
    The Exoynos doesnt come off very well in his tests including battery~wise.

Those having issues on here what model chips are yours ??

You could argue that for most people buying/upgrading in the EU, will be going from an Exoynus chipset anyway.

So a better comparison is really from a Note 10+ to a Note 20 Ultra etc
    I know some people will source a SD from outside EU but majority won't.
    If I have a note 10+ and thinking about getting an Note 20, I want to know will my battery life be better or worse...

Would I prefer the power of the SD? Yes. Should Samsung ship the same processors and chipset world wide? Yes. Do I feel I'm missing much with my current exynos note 20 ultra? No, not really as I wont push the processor that much.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Is it true that ALL versions of the Z Fold 2 have an SD 865 plus in them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone know of a single bricks and mortar store anywhere in the entire country that has cases for the Ultra? I would take a pink My Little Pony one at this point. I've a spigen arriving Wednesday but in the meantime its a slippery colossus of a phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a single bricks and mortar store anywhere in the entire country that has cases for the Ultra? I would take a pink My Little Pony one at this point. I've a spigen arriving Wednesday but in the meantime its a slippery colossus of a phone.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/mobile-phones/phone-accessories/cases/otterbox-symmetry-samsung-galaxy-note-20-5g-case-black.html

Stock in all stores of this Ottorbox one

Cases_Ottorbox_77-65256_3.jpg?fit=fill&bg=0FFF&w=1500&h=1000&auto=format,compress

Not Ultra though i think?

Yeah sorry just seen that now. If you are close to one, it might be worth checking still. Usually they have a big range of cases compared to most other B&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

ChopShop wrote: »
    Is it true that ALL versions of the Z Fold 2 have an SD 865 plus in them?

Yes - Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm+)

2065 Euro from Samsung Ireland. Can get it for 1800ish in places but still too much for a phone.

dan786 wrote: »

2065 Euro from Samsung Ireland. Can get it for 1800ish in places but still too much for a phone.
    Way to much to pay to be essentially an Alpha tester for these phones.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

dan786 wrote: »

... but where the N20 Ultra is concerned, substituting the 865+ with an Exynos 990 is good enough for the likes of us?

Reminds me a little of when Samsung told the EU they didn't want the Note 5

Are you anywhere near North Dublin?
    I have a couple of cases I bought but not using.

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Are you anywhere near North Dublin?
    I have a couple of cases I bought but not using.

Thanks man but afraid I'm in the west. Got a dispatch confirmation from Amazon yesterday evening so with a bit of luck it'll be here sooner than Wednesday.

On a different.... note, sorry, i got 9 and half hours SOT yesterday. Few big caveats, was a home most of the day with the phone in airplane mode then WiFi on because I've no coverage anyway, I don't use always on display, and after the first day i decided to go back to 60 Hz and qhd. Bluetooth on all day tho. Not bad. Based on my previous phones i would expect 5 to 6 hrs SOT on a normal day. We'll see.

If you have your phone in airplane mode and with WiFi on you can still make/take calls with WiFi calling enabled, your network provider might need to enable the WiFi calling on your account if it is not already working

• Advertisement

JH_raheny wrote: »
    If you have your phone in airplane mode and with WiFi on you can still make/take calls with WiFi calling enabled, your network provider might need to enable the WiFi calling on your account if it is not already working

Ya got it enabled on my account there a couple of months ago, great invention!

September security update arrived. 5G ultra exynos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

September security update arrived. 5G ultra exynos.

What network?

What network?
    SIM free phone on gomo

I got it as well this morning, always a good sign when the first update comes before the free gift :D

My battery life is fine now, don't think I've gotten a 15% warning since I made the change in Chrome

What are people doing with the factory plastic screen protector? On or off?

Leave it on as long as you can, I kept mine on the Note 10 till about June cause I got a mark by the camera hole so took it off, within 2 weeks I'd a "scratch" on the screen that annoyed me was 1 of the reasons I got the 20 #firstworldproblems :o

I've actually bought a Spigen screen protector for when I've to remove the original

Clareman wrote: »
    I've actually bought a Spigen screen protector for when I've to remove the original

Ditto I'm leaving on the Samsung screen protector and when it gets scratched too much I'll swap it. The Spigen on my note10+ is still perfect.

• Advertisement

Ditto I'm leaving on the Samsung screen protector and when it gets scratched too much I'll swap it. The Spigen on my note10+ is still perfect.

By all accounts I've read the original protector is the best but the Spigen is the best you can apply yourself, I'm not a fan of screen protectors myself, in my opinion if you're buying a phone for an amazing screen you shouldn't add a layer to it but when my 10+ got "destroyed" by a zip pocket we have to make sacrifices.

Advertisement