Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I haven't looked at mine properly yet. It seems to have a screen protector on it.

Anyone else confirm ?

If I understand correctly, it does come with a factory installed plastic screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,940 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Clareman wrote: »
    Just got an email

I doubt they'll be delivering on a Saturday

I believe Nightline do deliver on Saturdays up to 1pm (have certainly had stuff arrive before), so if it ships this evening I'd say you'll be alright, as long as its processed into their hub.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just got a notification that it has shipped, ooooh exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

DylanK wrote: »
    still waiting on the arrival at CPW store.... anyone got it from the store yet? Ordered for collection in Henry Street store

I got called as soon as CPW in Dundrum opened.

Collect a few hours ago.

Haven't touched it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

My claim for the Buds Live just got validated and I'll get an e-voucher within 48 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Just got a notification that it has shipped, ooooh exciting

You'll have it tomorrow alright.
    Nightlife are often with me on a Saturday. The tend to use agents though s it may not be a Nightline van.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

kaizersoze wrote: »
    You'll have it tomorrow alright.
    Nightlife are often with me on a Saturday. The tend to use agents though s it may not be a Nightline van.

I'll be getting it delivered to parcel motel so I'll definitely have it over the weekend, oooh exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Chanced my arm with the brick and mortar store this morning and they just arrived in stock so was lucky to get one. I presume I am not eligible to get pre-order buds?

First impressions are it is fairly quick and cameras are good. Not any noticeably bigger than my Note 9 in the otterbox, the ratio of screen to body is much bigger though. Still transferring stuff over so haven't had a good look yet. There is a screen protector of sorts on it. Will be leaving it on till i get another. Fast charge with supplied brick, seems better than Note 9 which was decent. If I had the Note 10 plus I might be a bit disappointed but definitely a step up from 9.

Edit it came with USB-C earbuds, i think someone asked about that above.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 artful_dodger74

Mine arrived just after lunchtime. Note 20 Ultra in Mystic Bronze. Been playing with it most of the day. Beautifully designed device. Upgraded from Note 9. First impressions are that the camera's are a world of difference. The telephoto and wide angle shots especially. The 120 screen refresh rate is 'buttery smooth'. Though the screens range, colours, blacks etc I don't find a huge step up from the 9. Having said that I thought the 9 had the best screen I've ever had (including 4k monitors I've owned in that). So the 20's screen is still immense. I was afraid it was going to be TOO big for me, but I don't find it any harder or different to hold than the 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

JH_raheny wrote: »
    My claim for the Buds Live just got validated and I'll get an e-voucher within 48 hours

Got mine this afternoon.

Love them.

Only minor gripe is I'd like if they had a higher level of volume. At 100% they feel about 5% lower than my normal level of volume which would typically be around 80% of max volume on other TWS and over ear headphones I own.

Apart from that they are tip top. Great fit, nice user app, high quality sound with surprisingly good base and very good phone call performance both ways.

Hopefully the lack of high end volume will be addressed in a firmware update or hack of some sort as they feel like they are operating at 50% of their volume capability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Where did you do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

54and56 wrote: »
    Got mine this afternoon.

Love them.

Only minor gripe is I'd like if they had a higher level of volume. At 100% they feel about 5% lower than my normal level of volume which would typically be around 80% of max volume on other TWS and over ear headphones I own.

Apart from that they are tip top. Great fit, nice user app, high quality sound with surprisingly good base and very good phone call performance both ways.

Hopefully the lack of high end volume will be addressed in a firmware update or hack of some sort as they feel like they are operating at 50% of their volume capability.

If I remember rightly the Buds I got with the S20 Ultra were the same initially but there was an option in the app to enable full volume.

Anyone upgrade from an S20 Ultra? Any difference in camera performance? On the Ultra there's a very noticeable difference in sharpness when the main sensor switches over to the telephoto lens, main sensor is very soft, almost fuzzy compared to it at times.

I hope you guys that are still waiting will get it today, nothing better than having the weekend to get used to a new device.

I got a quite nice slim case for half nothing, it is perfect if you don't want to add any bulk to the phone and are happy enough with just a little extra drop protection

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08C7V5WZW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title#immersive-view_1598098287913

Anyone having problems with changing the ring tone and message tone. Every time i try i'm told the themes app has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I'll be getting it delivered to parcel motel so I'll definitely have it over the weekend, oooh exciting.

Did it turn up?

markad1 wrote: »
    Did it turn up?

Nope, handed over to third party at 5.19am and no movement since. Learning loads about the wife,she's married 11 years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Testament1 wrote: »
    If I remember rightly the Buds I got with the S20 Ultra were the same initially but there was an option in the app to enable full volume.

Can't find that option in the app. If you get a chance would you mind confirming where that option is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

54and56 wrote: »
    Can't find that option in the app. If you get a chance would you mind confirming where that option is?

Actually from googling again this was the solution for my buds, the Buds have their own volume separate from the phone so while the phone may be at max volume the Buds themselves might not be.

"These buds are LOUD, you just have to know this trick:for some reason the buds have their own volume level. Set the touch pads to change volume when pressed and held. then keep holding the right bud until the beeps change signalling it is at max.

edit: I should add that after this turn up the volume on the phone itself"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I used the delivery note that came with the phone, they haven't accepted it as proof yet though but it was all I had.

Samsung came back looking for invoice.
    They wouldn't process it using the same doc you used :confused:

markad1 wrote: »
    Samsung came back looking for invoice.
    They wouldn't process it using the same doc you used :confused:

That doesn't surprise me at all, I probably just got lucky that mine got processed by someone who was finishing up the shift.

Woohoo, it arrived this morning, pesky work getting in the way of having a proper play with it but to be honest I can't see a huge difference between it and the 10 Plus, have to say it's probably the most disappointing upgrade year on year, the 9 to 10 at least had the camera cut out/AR this year is a bit meh, I definitely don't think it's worth the upgrade from the 10, maybe the 9 (maybe).

I got the LED case with it, I forgot how much I dislike flappy covers, I'll be getting rid of it fairly sharpish.

Ok I was wrong, wow the screen and speed of this thing is unbelievable, it's substantially quicker than the 10

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

I've returned mine today. I was the lucky one to find dust inside the camera module.
    Asked for a replacement hopefully won't get to long to receive it

The 512 version is Dual Sim by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The 512 version is Dual Sim by the way

All Note 20 Ultra are dual sim - mentioned this before they launched.

Anyone having problems with changing the ring tone and message tone. Every time i try i'm told the themes app has stopped.

Anyone ?

Just tried it there and it told me there's an update available to themes, I updated all the stuff from the Galaxy Store and everything seems to be ok, I haven't used a ringtone in a long time so I'm not sure

• Advertisement

Just tried it there and it told me there's an update available to themes, I updated all the stuff from the Galaxy Store and everything seems to be ok, I haven't used a ringtone in a long time so I'm not sure

I need to change the message tone as my phone is constantly going off with business messages.

Advertisement