Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

All apps updated and its still doing the same:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can you tell me the steps you are doing and I'll try it here for you, I only have 1 sim in it if that makes any difference.

Clareman wrote: »
    Can you tell me the steps you are doing and I'll try it here for you, I only have 1 sim in it if that makes any difference.

Could be i have 2 sims in.

settings
    sound and vibration
    ringtone

#sim1
    #sim2

I try to select one of those and the i get the error message "themes keeps stopping"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

No problem on my phone but it does pop up everytime asking me what to use to complete the action, I get SecSoundPicker and ES File Explorer Pro, I pick SecSoundPicker and it's fine to change. Maybe try installing the free version of ES File Explorer to force the UI to pick the right app.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

for those who has not got it yet and looking it buy it in one go, the cheapest option is port your number over to Vodafone in CPW, ended up paying only 1139euro with a 20e top up voucher. Free Lycamobile sim are everywhere fyi

• Advertisement

DylanK wrote: »
    for those who has not got it yet and looking it buy it in one go, the cheapest option is port your number over to Vodafone in CPW, ended up paying only 1139euro with a 20e top up voucher. Free Lycamobile sim are everywhere fyi

And just confirming the Vodafone one is still SIM unlocked? No Vodafone branding?

This is getting hard to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

No problem changing ringtone here. I changed it for sim 1 and sim 2.
    Note 20 Ultra 256 Vodafone.

Basil3 wrote: »
    And just confirming the Vodafone one is still SIM unlocked? No Vodafone branding?

This is getting hard to resist.

No Vodafone branding or anything, not locked to any network either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Can anyone else confirm a potential issue I noticed.

It might be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Scrolling a site normally is perfectly smooth. However, if I use the s-pen to scroll, and I mean a quick flick up or down. It feels like a big drop is frames.

Wondering if that is a bug or something..

Has anyone seen a battery case for the Note 20, the battery isn't anything close to what i need:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

How did you get this? If I try the same on the Carphone Warehouse website, it's looking like €1239.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Has anyone seen a battery case for the Note 20, the battery isn't anything close to what i need:(

Battery will get better after a few days

Bawnmore wrote: »
    How did you get this? If I try the same on the Carphone Warehouse website, it's looking like €1239.99.

I collected mine in the shop and the asked what's the cheapest options for PAYG and the manager found this porting number over to Vodafone promotion

20200828-234524.jpg

How are people finding the battery life? Just looking at the tests on GSM Arena, the Note 20 Ultra is back to Note 8 levels of battery life, which wasn't good at all. I was happy going from 8 to 9 for battery life alone, it was definitely noticeable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I collected mine in the shop and the asked what's the cheapest options for PAYG and the manager found this porting number over to Vodafone promotion

20200828-234524.jpg

would you not just move to Gomo....30 day rolling contract for €12.99 ...most if not all PAYG options are at least that.

How are people finding the battery life? Just looking at the tests on GSM Arena, the Note 20 Ultra is back to Note 8 levels of battery life, which wasn't good at all. I was happy going from 8 to 9 for battery life alone, it was definitely noticeable.

I'm finding it very poor so far but I often find phones take some time to settle down but I've had to top up every day so far

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

For me the Note 10+ had power left at the end of the day. Note 20 Ultra often needs a top up. So far I'm not impressed.

would you not just move to Gomo....30 day rolling contract for €12.99 ...most if not all PAYG options are at least that.

I am on Virgin 15e plan at the moment, they're pretty good so I guess I will just stick with them for another while. Only "moving" to Vodafone from a Lycamobile sim card to avail that 100e porting number offer.

markad1 wrote: »
    For me the Note 10+ had power left at the end of the day. Note 20 Ultra often needs a top up. So far I'm not impressed.

Sounds about right. GSM Arena has it:

Note 8: 89 hours
    Note 9: 97 hours
    Note 10+: 107 hours
    Note 20 Ultra: 88 hours

I'm not entirely sure what their resolution/refresh rate was set to, though. Must be tough going from a Note 10+ to Note 20 Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

After a week and a half of use I'm only down max 10% compared to the Note 10 plus 5G.
    I know the battery is slightly bigger but I'm using the 120hz adaptive setting all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

markad1 wrote: »

Mine definitely does not need a top up at the end of the day... but i have it at full resolution instead of 120 HZ, and mine is the Snapdragon version. If that makes any difference.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Mine definitely does not need a top up at the end of the day... but i have it at full resolution instead of 120 HZ, and mine is the Snapdragon version. If that makes any difference.

Where did you get the SD version from, and how much did it cost?

Where did you get the SD version from, and how much did it cost?

Amazon US, and a bit over the Irish Street price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

SD Ultra is 1039 for 256GB / 1139 for 512GB on eglobal.

dan786 wrote: »
    SD Ultra is 1039 for 256GB / 1139 for 512GB on eglobal.

Does the SD come with 256GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

ChopShop wrote: »
    Does the SD come with 256GB?

I thought base SD was 128 or 512 whereas exynos was 256 or 512.

Battery life is awful. By 5pm mine is normally down to 15% odd, its impossible to run a business with such bad battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Battery life is awful. By 5pm mine is normally down to 15% odd, its impossible to run a business with such bad battery life.
    To be honest I think it's far to early to be making that judgement. It needs at least 2-3 weeks to bed in and learn your patterns. The note 10+ was like this for me last year. You're probably using it much more now too as it's new. Not saying this has better or worse yet, I'm just saying I'll reserve judgement for now.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    To be honest I think it's far to early to be making that judgement. It needs at least 2-3 weeks to bed in and learn your patterns. The note 10+ was like this for me last year. You're probably using it much more now too as it's new. Not saying this has better or worse yet, I'm just saying I'll reserve judgement for now.

Here's my pattern. I buy a phone and i use it all day, every day. Messages, calls, emails, social media, listening to music etc. I run my business from my phone.

If by 3pm it needs to be charged, i can't see me keeping it too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Re: Battery
    Don't find it that bad TBH, once its had its scan of media, usage patterns etc.....not as solid as the S20 Ultra say, but can get through the day without much trouble. Say down to 30%, lower if in poor signal areas.
    All down to what you use it for I suppose and what kind of apps are always in the background, but I wouldn't consider it a major issue, especially with the charging speeds and options available these days.

Advertisement