Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

sentient_6 wrote: »
    What are people doing with the factory plastic screen protector? On or off?

I ripped it off first thing, I prefer using the screen *naked*
    For holidays I often put on a screen protector because it always means sand and beaches and a lot more running around but day2day I'm maximum using an ultra slim case and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

With the new 48 deal I'm tempted to come off the Vodafone 60 per month I'm nearly finished contract with. I could start a new contract and get an ultra at €699 which compared to the 1200 odd buying a PAYG is 500 saved over 24 months = 20 a month off the 60 for the period making it 40. And I have a tenner off per month affinity thing making it 30 a month.

So 30pm for voda with 5g or 8pm with 48 and 4g.

Thoughts?

Btw, do people know are the PAYGs still sim free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

With the new 48 deal I'm tempted to come off the Vodafone 60 per month I'm nearly finished contract with. I could start a new contract and get an ultra at €699 which compared to the 1200 odd buying a PAYG is 500 saved over 24 months = 20 a month off the 60 for the period making it 40. And I have a tenner off per month affinity thing making it 30 a month.

So 30pm for voda with 5g or 8pm with 48 and 4g.

Thoughts?

Btw, do people know are the PAYGs still sim free?
    The 8 euro for 100GB and all calls and texts any network is pretty good. Three, signal wise, aren't great for me. Both eir and vodafone are better where I live and work. I'm on GOMO for 10 and find them great. So between the good signal I have now and the small price difference I'm not moving but if you've got good signal it's well worth trying. 5G is over rated for now. Widely available quality 4G is better. Tis only a 30 day contract anyway.

dan786 wrote: »
    The Ultra is dual sim hybrid so will be unlocked. S10+, Note 10+, S20+ and S20 Ultra were all same.

Is this still the case? Is the Note 20 Ultra dual sim hybrid from all networks or just vodafone?

I see that this phone also comes in a single sim so want to be sure!

Is this still the case? Is the Note 20 Ultra dual sim hybrid from all networks or just vodafone?

I see that this phone also comes in a single sim so want to be sure!
    My sim free ultra 5G exyons has the dual sim/sd card hybrid.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »

Thanks cookie, was this from Vodafone/phone provider or purchased off the shelf?
    It's not clear where the single sim versions are and don't want to end up with one, mainly because the dual sims appear to be unlocked all the time.

Thanks cookie, was this from Vodafone/phone provider or purchased off the shelf?
    It's not clear where the single sim versions are and don't want to end up with one, mainly because the dual sims appear to be unlocked all the time.
    Amazon UK.

Amazon UK.

Thanks cookie.

If anyone can identify the exact Ultra model numbers that have dual sim versus single sim please let me know. Couldn't find it on GSM arena.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks cookie.

If anyone can identify the exact Ultra model numbers that have dual sim versus single sim please let me know. Couldn't find it on GSM arena.

I think they are all dual sim now as the tray can take either 2 sims or 1 sim and 1 memory card

Clareman wrote: »
    I think they are all dual sim now as the tray can take either 2 sims or 1 sim and 1 memory card

that's what I thought, but Samsung website and others state 2 versions, one with single sim...

https://www.gizmochina.com/product/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra/

• Advertisement

And you have an esim option as well

Thanks cookie.

It's SM-986B/DS for the dual sim from Vodafone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think nthe /DS at the end of the model number specifies that it's dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I have a spare Mystic Gold Note 20 Ultra if anyones looking. Got two, decided to keep the white. Was going to gift this the other to someone but they want the upcoming iPhone instead.

1100 euros, was bought from Samsung UK. Still sealed in box.

Lads, what are they talking about here when they say the "EU" and "Global" model - any concerns?
    Seems good at €1,089

https://www.adverts.ie/samsung/samsung-note-20-ultra-5g/21520026?

Lads, what are they talking about here when they say the "EU" and "Global" model - any concerns?
    Seems good at €1,089

They mean it's the Exynos version.

Basil3 wrote: »
    They mean it's the Exynos version.

Sure, but will it be different than the model say offered by Vodafone etc here?

Seems good at €1,089

Dont deal with those shops on Parnell street etc. They are all imports and are generally blacklisted on those countries. The receipts they give you are hand written paper receipts and they dont pay VAT etc on them so are dodging taxes aswell.

If you want one I have one from Samsung UK which is sealed and I am getting rid of. Will give you a copy of receipt too. 1100€.

Dont deal with those shops on Parnell street etc. They are all imports and are generally blacklisted on those countries. The receipts they give you are hand written paper receipts and they dont pay VAT etc on them so are dodging taxes aswell.

If you want one I have one from Samsung UK which is sealed and I am getting rid of. Will give you a copy of receipt too. 1100€.

Thanks but just looking at this stage. Is that the one you got for €960 with buds live? :)

Thanks but just looking at this stage. Is that the one you got for €960 with buds live? :)

Nope, that is long gone. Someone from here bought it for 1180 on release day.

• Advertisement

Thanks cookie.

JH_raheny wrote: »
    It's SM-986B/DS for the dual sim from Vodafone

Is that not the S20+ as opposed to the Ultra? Seems to be?
    Are you sure it's an Ultra you have :p

Edit - I think the Note has an N before the 986 so that's probably it!

All Note 20 Ultra 5G sold in Europe are dual sim, doesnt matter where you buy it.

Sure, but will it be different than the model say offered by Vodafone etc here?

No it is the same model

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

For folks that pre-ordered, did you get the xbox game pass bundle or the buds live.

I had planned to get the buds live, but the samsung voucher applies to just the bronze ones on their site : (

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Buds Live

They're OK-ish for free, but wouldn't recommend them as a purchase. Don't mind the colour, they are gonna be stuck in your ears after all.

Is that not the S20+ as opposed to the Ultra? Seems to be?
    Are you sure it's an Ultra you have :p

Edit - I think the Note has an N before the 986 so that's probably it!

It does, it should be SM-N986B/DS :-)

I got the buds, my daughters and wife thought it was very amusing that I was going around with pink things on my ear. They're pink and their noticeable, very noticeable

johng906 wrote: »
    For folks that pre-ordered, did you get the xbox game pass bundle or the buds live.

I had planned to get the buds live, but the samsung voucher applies to just the bronze ones on their site : (

The offer clearly stated that it only applies to Mystic Bronze Buds Live.

So who is getting the Z Fold 2?

• Advertisement

So who is getting the Z Fold 2?

Give me glass any day, for now. No thanks.

Advertisement