Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

Dcully wrote: »
    MS flight sim 2020 thanks to game pass.
    My first foray into flight sims and I ask myself why did I wait so long.
    My new favourite chill out experience on a pc

I still suck but it's accessible to noobs and pros alike.

I've been watching some videos. Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Playing a few minutes of Zero Horizons, its all the game lets me play before crashing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Puss!

This game is utter insanity. Very simple but a lot of fun and some great variety in stages. It's a bit mental until you get to the bosses and then it just goes crazy.

Well worth getting for a pick up and play game. Go in cold.

INMOST is great. Atmospheric story driven light platformer with puzzle elements. I get far more out of indie games than anything else these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Playing Outer Wilds. Slowly going from 'I have no idea whats going on' to 'I now know slightly more than before'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Puss!

This game is utter insanity. Very simple but a lot of fun and some great variety in stages. It's a bit mental until you get to the bosses and then it just goes crazy.

Well worth getting for a pick up and play game. Go in cold.

If you like epileptic seizures I can see the appeal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Playing Outer Wilds. Slowly going from 'I have no idea whats going on' to 'I now know slightly more than before'
    Absolute Gem!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Playing Remnant from the ashes only 2 hours in on hard but enjoying the difficulty of it. Was free on Epic so can't moan about it

KilOit wrote: »
    Playing Remnant from the ashes only 2 hours in on hard but enjoying the difficulty of it. Was free on Epic so can't moan about it

Best of luck when you get out of the city :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Best of luck when you get out of the city :D

Yeah i dropped it to normal after reading some tips, i did beat the first boss after 10 attempts though but figured it wasn't meant to be that hard right off the bat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I bought remnant awhile ago on console,and picked it up on epic for PC the other day.

Its night and day using a M&KB instead of a controller

KilOit wrote: »
    Yeah i dropped it to normal after reading some tips, i did beat the first boss after 10 attempts though but figured it wasn't meant to be that hard right off the bat

The spiky monster is an actual bastard on hard.

Its a very good game, I love how the RNG dungeons work.

No idea whats going on in the game plot wise, think we got to the last level then others stopped playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sunset Overdrive.
    Seems to be some issue with launching it on steam which has a workaround of disabling antivirus for some reason

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will be starting wasteland 3 today, hope my rig can handle it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Manach wrote: »
    Completed the Division, fun to play but rather ironic as it is set in a virus hit NYC.

Starting an old school point and click, Broken Sword 5.

After suggesting Broken Sword 1-4 above and seeing this I decided to give Broke Sword 5 a try. Turns out I had already bought it and it was in my Steam library!

I am really enjoying it. I found Broken Sword 4 very frustrating and badly done in a lot of ways (although I loved the first three) so I'm pleased with how playable 5 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Starting playing the latest league of Path of Exile there the other day. All I can say is I am grateful that there is a new league starting on the 18th. There was a glimmer of a moment where I said ah this crafting mechanism is actual good but that quickly faded as I realised the complexity of learning how to set things up to get decent gear.

The new league on the 18th is called Heist, looks like it could play like the Betrayal League just hope it is not too difficult. You enlist Rogue Exiles to help or you can party play I believe. There is also some feature being tested for the run up to PoE 2 in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. I haven't played it yet and I'm not really sure if it'd be my type of game but it looks interesting so hoping to get a few hours to play it tonight when the missus is at work.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. I haven't played it yet and I'm not really sure if it'd be my type of game but it looks interesting so hoping to get a few hours to play it tonight when the missus is at work.

I read about it in this thread and give it a go. Excellent game that I didn't want to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭eggy81

Have a hankering for a decent racing game with an element of car modding. Whats the best option on pc currently. Havent played a racing game since ps3 days, bar mario kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭eggy81

OSI wrote: »
    Probably Forza Horizons 4. NFS Heat is fairly recent as well, didn't get great reviews but I fairly enjoyed it.

Just read a couple of reviews and forza horizons 4 sound's right up my street. Not too much of a sim more of a leap in and play type racer. Sound.

• Advertisement

Cant go wrong with Wreckfest. Good racer and all out great craic! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Battlefield 4 single player campain. Never played it when it was released. About three missions and dont think I can be bothered playing it anymore.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glebee wrote: »
    Battlefield 4 single player campain. Never played it when it was released. About three missions and dont think I can be bothered playing it anymore.:(

Why, what do you not like about it? It's a fair few years since I played it so can't remember the missions or which were the first 3 but I did play it twice on normal and then a second time on hard so I must have thought it was alright at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Davidious

all day long , diablo 2 - LoD , cant improve on perfection

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Davidious wrote: »
    all day long , diablo 2 - LoD , cant improve on perfection

I've gone back to it a good bit since D3 came out and I quickly got bored with it.
    In a lot of objective ways, D3 is better, but I just don't think it holds a candle to it's predecssor.

There's something more weighty about the roleplaying aspect of D2, that gets lost in the endless grind of D3.

D3 is too self-aware. It's too much a game. It doesn't tell a story. It's mechanically polished, but mechanics alone aren't enough. It needs to hang them off something. I'm not sure if I'll bother with Blizzard games in the future, because the company seems to have lost itself in the Activision merger, but if they made an effort to address that, and move away from the sort of mindless treadmill of esports wankery, I might reconsider.

Gbear wrote: »
    I've gone back to it a good bit since D3 came out and I quickly got bored with it.
    In a lot of objective ways, D3 is better, but I just don't think it holds a candle to it's predecssor.

There's something more weighty about the roleplaying aspect of D2, that gets lost in the endless grind of D3.

D3 is too self-aware. It's too much a game. It doesn't tell a story. It's mechanically polished, but mechanics alone aren't enough. It needs to hang them off something. I'm not sure if I'll bother with Blizzard games in the future, because the company seems to have lost itself in the Activision merger, but if they made an effort to address that, and move away from the sort of mindless treadmill of esports wankery, I might reconsider.
    Itemization is horrible in D3 compared to D2. Even 19 years later, I've yet to find some items. And when you get a really rare drop, it puts a smile on your face - worthy of a family photo nearly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

crusader kings 3. first time playing a game in this series. it's pretty amazing. once you realise it's not your typical 4X strategy game. it's so much more nuanced and deep. and very challenging, so much to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Glebee wrote: »
    Why, what do you not like about it? It's a fair few years since I played it so can't remember the missions or which were the first 3 but I did play it twice on normal and then a second time on hard so I must have thought it was alright at the time.

I remember finding the single player to be kinda annoying, but persevered anyway.

That was until a mission involving a dam. I fell off some scaffolding just as I was going through an autosave checkpoint which resulted in me being in an endless loop of falling to my death. I used the option to restart the mission which put me waaayyy, wayyy back and I just thought "naah" and jumped into online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just started into Pillars of Eternity and am getting the feeling the whole time that this seems vagely familiar but im sure ive never played it before. Put it down to the 3D isometric fantasy adventure game genre having a similar feel. Get to the first village area and realise I have definitly played this before. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I remember finding the single player to be kinda annoying, but persevered anyway.

That was until a mission involving a dam. I fell off some scaffolding just as I was going through an autosave checkpoint which resulted in me being in an endless loop of falling to my death. I used the option to restart the mission which put me waaayyy, wayyy back and I just thought "naah" and jumped into online.

https://youtu.be/8zi9rvy2Z7Y

The best clip summing up battlefield 4s campaign.

Advertisement