Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

Has anyone tried Desperados III yet? I picked it up and finished the first mission. Pretty much works the same as Shadow Tactics and it's in that genre that Commandos started.

I'll get it into it next week when I have more time. Loved Shadow Tactics and only came across it because a poster in this thread mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭scilover

Been playing payday 2 again lately. Every time they release a new update to the game, I jumped back right into the game. So far I think i got 300+ hours to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

Finished Ori 2 the other day, really fun game and I thought the new hub area gave a pretty satisfying sense of progression. Adding NPCs wasn't a game changer but it was a nice way to mix things up. Core movement was fun but got pretty trivial when you were fully upgraded, a problem I find with most metroidvanias really. The game stuttered an obnoxious amount for me but looked gorgeous. All in all, worth the 23 beans I paid for it.

Now playing Doom Eternal and Titanfall 2. It's actually been a surprisingly long time since I played a singleplayer FPS campaign, but both are fantastic so far. The movement in Doom is exceptional, and the gunplay and level design of Titanfall 2 is super satisfying. Bought RDR2 but waiting till my new PC arrives to even bother trying to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Battlefield 4.

Eventually a damn good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Watch Dogs 2.
    Im trying to like it but just cant get into it, cant see me stick it out for too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glebee wrote: »
    Watch Dogs 2.
    Im trying to like it but just cant get into it, cant see me stick it out for too much longer.

What do you not like about it. I loved the first and also the second. You need the drone and rc car to take full advantage. Spend some time collecting skill points as well as the skill tree helps a lot. You don't have to go mad searching just when you are in an area send up drone and points of interest will be shown.

If you are just starting the game collect some piles of cash by sending in the rc car to collect the money and hack peoples bank accounts until you have enough money for the drone.

The drone is the game changer as you just send it up and see everything and send it inside buildings to see what you are up against and plan things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Back to work for the last 3 weeks ish, so gaming time got cut to hell:

Factorio ( again ) - heard a lot of good thinks about Krastorio 2 mod so decided to give it a go. Was surprised how well they made mod installation. You can just do it all in game. Mod itself is fantastic. Not crazy bobs+ Angels stuff, but more of normal factorio, just expanded. Love it.

Tropico 6 - bit the bullet and bought it after all. 40h after its the best Tropico 6 in gameplay, but the worst in Story and silliness. Definitely a good game in the end. A lot of good changes and fixes to previous versions.

Runescape - yeah yeah, I know. But since lockdown, I still play it. Nice for relaxing grind while watching netflix and playing on mobile helps hehe.

Replayed Return To Obra Dinn after a failed attempt at Bloodborne. I wanted something I knew was good. I left it long enough to forgot a lot of it. Finished it in 2 days. What a game. More games like it need to be made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished Trails of Cold Steel this morning, and really enjoyed that. Think i'll jump straight into the 2nd one, as the ending was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Frostpunk.
    Have it on game pass and been meaning to give it a go for ages.
    Started it up the other night and all of a sudden 5 hours had passed!
    It's AMAZING. Hits all the right boxes: Compelling gameplay, great post-apocalyptic setting, fantastic story, atmospheric music.

It doesn't hold your hand and I find I really enjoy it when I fail.
    Chalk it down to lesson learned and straight back into it.
    Although I still can't bring myself to condone child labour...

• Advertisement

There will be no slackers in my utopia. The children must work.

It's so good. Only downside is it's lack of replay-ability. Once you've done a scenario trying both tech trees, there's not much else to do.

What do you not like about it. I loved the first and also the second. You need the drone and rc car to take full advantage. Spend some time collecting skill points as well as the skill tree helps a lot. You don't have to go mad searching just when you are in an area send up drone and points of interest will be shown.

If you are just starting the game collect some piles of cash by sending in the rc car to collect the money and hack peoples bank accounts until you have enough money for the drone.

The drone is the game changer as you just send it up and see everything and send it inside buildings to see what you are up against and plan things out.

Trying to get into Watch Dogs 2 but just cant get into it. Hate thecharacters, the settings, the tech, its just not for me i guess. I recall likeing the first game but just cant click with this sequal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

There will be no slackers in my utopia. The children must work.

It's so good. Only downside is it's lack of replay-ability. Once you've done a scenario trying both tech trees, there's not much else to do.

Yeah I played it a lot including the dlc but once you've mastered the mechanics it gets a bit repetitive and easy to beat. Increasing the difficulty to extreme doesn't really appeal to me as you just have less resources and need to micro manage more. There's still one more dlc, 'on the edge' or something like that, I'll give it a go when it's released. There's also a board game coming which could be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mostly playing COD Warzone with the lads , but bit of the Armada 3 mod for Sins as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I found the Commander Keen series on Steam for e5. I've been reliving my childhood and it's scary how well I remember it, even where all the hidden things are in the levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

kinda stuck for a game to get into right now. burned out of wow classic, got me through the lockdown but there's really nothing to do at endgame in between waiting days to do a raid. tried FFXIV and the levelling via main story quest is the worst leveling experience i've ever seen in a game, tedious beyond belief. no zone or global chats makes the game feel empty and dead too. i think i've finally given up on mmorpgs tbh, so much potential but so much bad development choices.

a few big games on the horizon that i'm looking forward to but many months away; cyberpunk 2077, new world, elden ring, baldurs gate 3, grounded

downloading warzone again for a multiplayer fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I've been playing the Outer Wilds this week.

I don't know how I missed this in 2019, definitely one of the best games I played in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Oxygen Not Included. Very steep learning curve but addictive. I'm following a detailed steam guide for the last few weeks and I'm still only half way through, there would be much more trial and error without it as some aspects are not intuitive.

Farcry:Primal.
    With Farcry 6 on the horizon I said I go back to Farcry:Primal which I skipped. Very good game in fairness with a new slant to the Farcry franchise. Just want to pull out a machine gun and start blasting..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brckmrphy

I have been playing Seikiro. It is the hardest game that I have ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Downloaded Sea of Thieves on game pass , click play and servers are down for the day lol.
    Doubt ill bother now at all, was ready to give it a fair go for a few hours.

Dcully wrote: »
    Downloaded Sea of Thieves on game pass , click play and servers are down for the day lol.
    Doubt ill bother now at all, was ready to give it a fair go for a few hours.

I want to like Sea of Thieves but just cant be bothered with it, even with team mates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Installed more out of curiosity than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Glebee wrote: »
    Farcry:Primal.
    With Farcry 6 on the horizon I said I go back to Farcry:Primal which I skipped. Very good game in fairness with a new slant to the Farcry franchise. Just want to pull out a machine gun and start blasting..

I stopped playing the Far Cry series after 3 because I was dissapointed with it. Just replayed Far Cry 2, though. Amazing game. Balls to walls hard on the Infamous setting.

Started Sleeping Dogs again. Not sure if I'll stick with it, was getting a bit bored because it's kinda easy. :D

Also trying to get through Half-Life Opposing Force and Sunrider MoA. Applied the uncensor patch to Sunrider cause I hate playing anything knowing there's something missing if I can put it back in. Half-Life Opposing Force feels very true to the 1st game so far.

Tried Peggle from Popcap. Seemed like a little fun, might be something to replace Huniepop (match 3) on the 4:3 thinkpad until Huniepop 2 drops. I just love match 3 with pleasing aesthetics and unlikable American bitches in the background. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got Snow Runner last week. Absolutely love it. I tried previous game and it was fun, but this one is just turned to 11. I love that it is open world and you get payed for jobs, so you can buy upgrades and trucks etc. Makes game so much better then just a string of missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I hadn't played the PC in years. It was located in the bedroom (couldn't play after the missus went to bed) and it was long in the tooth being based on a Q9300, a R270X etc. I really wanted to play Toy Soldiers again so looked into the most cost effective means to get back playing my Steam library. Ended up going with an Optiplex running a 3rd gen Core i5, 16GB of DDR-II, an SSD for the OS, a 500GB hdd and sticking in a motherboard powered GTX1050Ti.

It's great to be back playing those games. I've played lots of Toy Soldiers again and just bought the Cold War expansion. I bought FarCry 4 pretty much as soon as it was a decent price on Steam but the old machine couldn't handle it. I've been playing away in the living room as soon as everyone else is in bed. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Decided to give Mad Max a go. It's a bloody great game! Really enjoying myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Came across Cookie Clicker through one of those random website generators and I'm hooked. Very well put together browser game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Tarkov tarkov tarkov with a hint of fall guys.

• Advertisement

Put some hours into the Secret of Monkey Island this week. Will probably do more over the weekend. Good game.

Advertisement