Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Giving up on Warcraft, Resubb to uplay+

Christmas/New Year gaming
    1)AC:Origins(half complete to date)
    2)Immortals
    3)AC:Valhalla
    4) Watch Dogs: Legion

Have Disco Elysium also to get through.

Should keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Witcher 3 for the third time: have yet to complete Blood and Wine. Looking to 100% it.
    Diablo 2: New ladder on bnet
    Natural Selection 2 + Fall Guys: Some festive mayhem with the gf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,672 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Into The Breach. Again. Gods, how many timelines have I traveled through. How many Earths have I let down? When does my time traveler say "I've done enough" and stop jumping through timelines to save other Earths, and just retire? Or is a traveler bound by some creed to die in combat?

VtcHg0ZzE6-v8mmprMgoOVMVLqXXO-M4.jpg

I will at least pick up and play this until I've earned every coin and medal on PC and Switch. So, years in our collective universe. The ITB multiverse is so dark, though. Wow, that just makes me think of the Voltron series finale.

"Multiverse theory's a bitch!" - Perfect Cell, Abridged

Glebee wrote: »
    Giving up on Warcraft, Resubb to uplay+

Christmas/New Year gaming
    1)AC:Odyssey(half complete to date)
    2)Immortals
    3)AC:Valhalla
    4) Watch Dogs: Legion

Have Disco Elysium also to get through.

Should keep me going.

Resubbed to uplay+ to try and get through these. 45 hours into AC: Odyssey and don't know if I'm near the end yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I need to get back into this, been flailing my way through the campaign making all the mistakes :pac:

The lovely thing about the game is you can make it as hard or easy as you want. In my current sandbox game I have one AI only playing and it's one of the easy ones so they don't try to attack you or expand too fast. Just lets you go at your own pace then. I really love this game now I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Did a bit of shadowlands too. I wont be resubbing. Its ok, raiding is dead boring and tedious learning all the fights. Pvp is fun but even matches are hard to come by once you hit 1400. I have no time whatsoever for any of the open world stuff. Seems to be time gates built into every system to keep you subbing every month which i am not a fan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

got into deep rock galactic over the weekend. fantastic game. every mission feels like a unique adventure. the progression system seems like you could spend 100s of hours in it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

A lot of DCS recently.

For light entertainment, I’ve found a wonderful tower defense game named Carrier Deck. It’s a nice blend between real time planning, accounting for future needs, and simplicity, set on the very relatable environment of an aircraft carrier.

Got Desperados III along with the DLC with my Epic store coupon there. It's a real time stealth/puzzle game, I've only played the tutorial and first level (which is pretty much a continuation of the tutorial) but it really is good fun. Sort of has an isometric view though the maps are in 3D, and you have to make your way through levels killing or neutralising various enemies using whatever tricks and weapons you have. Think vision cones, throwing coins to distract people, a stabbing people when they aren't looking, loud guns etc. Seem to have put a lot of thought into the enemy placements, so assuming you make your way through the level stealthily then you end up with little scenarios you need to navigate through where one enemy will be covering the others so you need to figure out how to get them all quietly. I was afraid it would be too tricky but the game basically forces you to constantly save and I think it's designed so that you try something, fail, then try something else all in a nice short period of time. It's really good, recommend it based on the hour or two I've played. Full version of the game is 60 quid but is half price in the sale and then got another tenner off with the voucher so 20 quid, good deal imo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If you like that you'll love Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.

• Advertisement

If you like that you'll love Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.

It's actually the same developer, I have that on Steam but haven't played it yet, will definitely go back to it when I finish with Desperados.

Have played a few more hours from the above, it introduces new characters as you go each who have their own tricks and tactics but view hasn't changed at all, it is a whole lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Someone mentioned tower defence games there and I got the bug for some Defence Grid: The Awakening / Portal DLC which will most likely give me the bug for some Portal. Still haven't finished Defence Grid 2 so I may well do so after that, not as good as the first one.

Have not played anything since during Christmas, Santa brought an Oculus Quest and a Switch to our house for the kids. My god Oculus is brilliant. It hard to go back to ordinary gaming once you have tried the VR stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Glebee wrote: »
    Have not played anything since during Christmas, Santa brought an Oculus Quest and a Switch to our house for the kids. My god Oculus is brilliant. It hard to go back to ordinary gaming once you have tried the VR stuff.
    Once you've done everything that's good, it soon stays in its box.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Creeper world 4.

YZVWDeanQ8bjZrzNhdxwv3-1200-80.jpg

Screener stolen. Objectively I know theres not much strat to it, not like a really good TD game, its very war of attrition. Yet its addictive. Your choices in the first 3 mins set the course of each level, gotta get just the right land grab to get what you need to absorb the first salvo of arty/fast movers.

€20 is probably a little dear for what it is, but I enjoyed it.

Red Dead and Hitman 2. Beautiful games on my new PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Finished AC Valhalla a few weeks ago. Moved onto Star Wars Fallen Order and finished that last night. Just started up Red Faction Guerrilla ReMarstered again. Love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hell Let Loose
    Control
    MSFS 2020
    Warzone
    Destiny 2

Cant tell I just built a new rig and I would play the spoons on it just to be close to it.....LOL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hell Let Loose
    MSFS2020
    The Hunter call of the wild

and some of this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Rimworld. Nothing generates a good story like this.

Deep Rock Galactic - "ROCK AND STONE"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Picked up a bunch of games during the last Steam sale but I keep coming back to Remnant: From the Ashes, finally finished the main campaign and the story DLC. Love the gunplay in it and the difficulty is just right for me.

Also started to play Noita in between Remnant sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just finished a short session of Streets of Rage 4 with a lad via Discord (first time using the service) and it was a lot of fun. I've never requested strangers to play any game online with me so to say I was shy and awkward was an understatement. He originally asked if I wanted to chat via the mic but I opted not to (I'm just not there anymore - hate using the mic now). We both got Game Over about 1/3 into it and by that point I got cold feet and pretended I had to head off.

I'm just not as confident playing with people online as I used to be, especially when playing with only one other person, so personally for me this was a big deal lol

Finished the main campaign of Desperados III there, posted about it a week or two back but I highly recommend this for anyone who likes stealth/puzzle games. It's so much fun to play. Have the DLC to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Just finished a short session of Streets of Rage 4 with a lad via Discord (first time using the service) and it was a lot of fun. I've never requested strangers to play any game online with me so to say I was shy and awkward was an understatement. He originally asked if I wanted to chat via the mic but I opted not to (I'm just not there anymore - hate using the mic now). We both got Game Over about 1/3 into it and by that point I got cold feet and pretended I had to head off.

I'm just not as confident playing with people online as I used to be, especially when playing with only one other person, so personally for me this was a big deal lol

There’s games I’d love to try online but have always been afraid of even asking online people to play with in case I turn out to be terribly terribly ****e. Even playing online chess against strangers makes me anxious. I don’t know why, there’s no rational reason for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

steve_r wrote: »
    There’s games I’d love to try online but have always been afraid of even asking online people to play with in case I turn out to be terribly terribly ****e. Even playing online chess against strangers makes me anxious. I don’t know why, there’s no rational reason for it

I thought I'd be the exact same - thought I'd be revoltingly bad in comparison. Turned out I had a much better game overall. And he loaded me with a compliment on how well I played which was just lovely compared to what I used to get through the late 00s.
    image.png
    (context if you haven't played or looked at SoR4: Cherry is one of the characters you play as and she's really quick - requires a lot of button mashing and precision to NOT get hit while doing combos, which I've gotten really good at lately)
    It's a much less toxic experience when you organise it with people yourself, from a place that isn't full of arse-holes. Thankfully the discord server I found had strict rules against that sort of behaviour so it was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

At the moment:

Deus Ex - Finally replaying after not playing it since it first came out. Using GMDX mod - loving it. More enjoyable than Human Revolution for me.
    Offworld Trading Company - Still getting to grips with it; very challenging economic RTS but insanely rewarding when you win a game.
    Outer Wilds - Just in love with the whole feeling of being in this game, it's a great one to just hop into for a short chilled session and the sense of mystery is always palpable. I am progressing very slowly through it though haha.
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call Of Pripyat - I loved the original and only recently realised there was a well received sequel. Love the world in this too, so grim and bleak. Looking forward to the next one.

Have finally switched to using a controller in Rocket League and reaping the benefits. Also have long-running multiplayer campaigns on the go in Civ 6 and Stellaris; definitely more fun to play with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call Of Pripyat - I loved the original and only recently realised there was a well received sequel. Love the world in this too, so grim and bleak. Looking forward to the next one.

I loved the original when it came out and got several hours in and gave up for some reason. Went back to it again many years later and gave up at almost the exact same place in the original.
    Playing it with mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I loved the original when it came out and got several hours in and gave up for some reason. Went back to it again many years later and gave up at almost the exact same place in the original.
    Playing it with mods?

I remember this game scared the living jaysus out of me back in the day. The atmosphere in it is brilliant. Like original though, it was only playable after mods. Makes me really excited about new one now.

Anyway, what I play:

Decided to go POE again, only played once properly and even then I only got to end game and got completely
    Lost.
    This time I went with archer and decided to my own thing and build. Reaching level 73 and late game, I realised it was stupid and what I did was total crap. So found an archer build and started again.. level 1. At least I got some gear and currencies to help out.
    This game is really not new player friendly lol, as soon as I learn one thing, I hit another wall. At least it really holds my attention and keeps my busy as lockdown blues starting to get to me.

Dyson sphere project - now this is completely out of the blue. Just popped to steam store and sow it as number one seller and it just came out. It has Satisfactorily and Factorio written all over it. So needless to say I was like: shut up and take my money.
    It is early access, but from the looks of it, it has a ton of content already. Only managed to put in a bit more then an hour in to it, but I am already hooked. It is definitely not a clone of the other two games and manages to bring a lot of unique aspects in to game play. Only 15eu too.

Have finally switched to using a controller in Rocket League and reaping the benefits.

The best thing you can do in rocket league to improve is change the control scheme so boost isn't with the thumb. I haven't played in ages but when you change it to a shoulder button and can control both sticks in the air while boosting, the difference is dramatic. Completely worth the pain to change.

It's comparable to changing to bumper jumper in halo 3.

• Advertisement

Star Wars:Battlefront 2., have had this installed on my PC forever but never really played it much, dont think I even stated the single player campaign just messed about a bit in multiplayer. Since if went free on Epic last week I said id give it a proper go as servers should be busy over the last few days. Great fun game to dip in and out off especially if you have any interest in Star Wars.

Advertisement