Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today Show with Sarah McInerney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Regina reading the mood of the people or aiming for FF VP?

Surprised Regina going after Hogan with such strong vigour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

regina doherty throwing everyone under the bus there. rbb having a field day.

Trump Trump Trump Trump

It's exhausting

the auld VB tactic.
    Dude he's been off the air for, what, 2 yrs now?

Time to put that dog to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yeah the first hour of Pat this morning was very poor considering....
    Sarah playing a blinder here, great radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

A little on the hyperbolic side caller? I've praised McInerney on here and elsewhere and she has certainly improved from her Newstalk days, but it's a little much lavishing such praise on her comparing her to Kenny's body of work.
    Just like Sean O'Rourke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Anyone got a clip of Sarah McInerney's "sigh"?

https://twitter.com/PeterBranigan/status/1296748322716360704

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This is radio gold, "I'm coming at this as a mammy" o Regina, you grabbed the bait, forget about the bus, she's just thrown Education minister under a Bulldozer

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Tis every man/woman for themselves at this stage.. Now "cry havoc and unleash the dogs of war"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was a terrific show, madness that Claire Byrne is getting that slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Trump Trump Trump Trump

Do you not know that if you say my name more than three times then I have to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

its amazing how critical ye all were on here when she was with NT but are all "painting the radio" with collective jerk off now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Immensely classy sign off from her today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

s8n wrote: »
    its amazing how critical ye all were on here when she was with NT but are all "painting the radio" with collective jerk off now

So by that measure no one can improve? Many of the comments in her favour have said she has much improved since the Newstalk days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The next crisis won't be too far away, it will be interesting to see how Claire Byrne responds to it compared to Sarah McInerney. Her first hour today should be compulsory listening for any media studies student, or any budding journalist. She was interrupting a lot, but IMO she was prempting some waffle that they usually come out with. Kept a fast moving and fast changing story going at full titlt.

The bar has been set for Claire Byrne, lets see if she can reach it.

Edit: And Sarah Mc was quite gracious to CB in her sign off.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

There couldn't be a more RTÉ end to Sarah's excellent run than Ronan Collins pausing for the Angelus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Do you not know that if you say my name more than three times then I have to appear.

Yer a gobshyte!

Always wanted to say that and this is a close as I'll get :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In fairness - she kind of grew on me.

I think at the start she was a bit over zealous - but she was growing into it.

Clare Byrne is suffering from a bit of over exposure.

Is this tv and radio idea a bit dated from RTE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Any show I can listen to about politics now? All stations seem to have stupid light entertainment shows on at the moment! Do I have to wait until Rte 1o'clock news for next fix?

• Advertisement

Bit unfair. Chris Donoghue Donoghue probably held her back, and now she's proven herself as an excellent broadcaster. Good on her! People are always grumbling about this forum as being too negative, well here's a broadcaster that people really seem to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yer a gobshyte!

Always wanted to say that and this is a close as I'll get :pac:

You're fired!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

You can all calm down now from the excitement of her amazing, unprecedented performance today...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

KevRossi wrote: »
    The next crisis won't be too far away, it will be interesting to see how Claire Byrne responds to it compared to Sarah McInerney. Her first hour today should be compulsory listening for any media studies student, or any budding journalist. She was interrupting a lot, but IMO she was prempting some waffle that they usually come out with. Kept a fast moving and fast changing story going at full titlt.

The bar has been set for Claire Byrne, lets see if she can reach it.

Edit: And Sarah Mc was quite gracious to CB in her sign off.

She could hardly have signed off with a derogatory assessment of her, now could she, c’mon...little bit of reality needed around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cole wrote: »
    You can all calm down now from the excitement of her amazing, unprecedented performance today...

Me head is wrecked. I'm going off to play the back 9 to clear my head.. oh fuk wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

never used to listen to her on newstalk. but heard her covering on marion finance and she was always a breath of fresh air on that show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

Shocking decision to not give the slot full time, but totally unsurprising. Would be great if she got the Prime Time gig, but the state broadcaster prefers their journalists to take on politicians and the powerful with kid gloves so I wouldn't be too hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

RINO87 wrote: »
    So by that measure no one can improve? Many of the comments in her favour have said she has much improved since the Newstalk days.

I believe that the NT format did not suit Sarah. Anyone who had previously seen her on Vincent Browne, where she made some powerful appearances, would realise that we have been hearing the real Sarah on RTÉ for the past few months. Having seen her on VB, I was looking forward to hearing her on NT, but was very disappointed. Perhaps the banter with Chris did not suit her, as it seemed very forced and unnatural at times. She was excellent this morning and definitely went out on a high! Her sign off to Claire Byrne exuded pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Could we not at least agree on how to spell "Jasus"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Mav11 wrote: »
    Could we not at least agree on how to spell "Jasus"?

No...it's Jaysus!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement