Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today Show with Sarah McInerney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Bejaysus ... that was some show for Sarah Mc to finish on! She could not have been nicer handing over to Claire Byrne.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cole wrote: »
    No...it's Jaysus!

Nope, it’s Jaysis!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Mav11 wrote: »
    Could we not at least agree on how to spell "Jasus"?
    No...it's Jaysus!

pc7 wrote: »
    Nope, it’s Jaysis!

Poll!

Could we not at least agree on how to spell "Jasus"?
    It's jaysis, or Jayzus — slight regional variation.
    You can all calm down now from the excitement of her amazing, unprecedented performance today...

C'mon man allow us to pay a compliment to a great broadcaster. Just saying that she's talented and that she did a good job is hardly hyperbole is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jayzus down here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Very edgy mocking the name.

Maybe ye wouldn't be so brave with the holy names of certain other world religons.

Either way it has little to do with the Today Show.

Jayzus down here...

That's the Incan demon-god you're thinking of.

I'm confident that I've seen it written as 'Jaysus' most often, with 'Jaysis' second. Never seen any of the other unnnatural spellings that are crawling out of the woodwork here...

elperello wrote: »

Maybe ye wouldn't be so brave with the holy names of certain other world religons.

Either way it has little to do with the Today Show.

You referring to Big Mo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

C'mon man allow us to pay a compliment to a great broadcaster. Just saying that she's talented and that she did a good job is hardly hyperbole is it?

But that's not what a lot of posts did this morning. I like Sarah and think she's a very capable broadcaster...and have been positive about her here...but I think there was hyperbole a plenty today. I don't think this thread was ever as busy.

And with respect, saying that she's in a different league to a widely respected broadcaster with around 40 years of work under his belt is hyperbole imo.

You referring to Big Mo?

QED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

But that's not what a lot of posts did this morning. I like Sarah and think she's a very capable broadcaster...and have been positive about her here...but I think there was hyperbole a plenty today. I don't think this thread was ever as busy.

And with respect, saying that she's in a different league to a widely respected broadcaster with around 40 years of work under his belt is hyperbole imo.

Agree Cole, very capable, we agree on that, but we don’t leave our devices like a plasterers radio after this mornings show.

Which is another way of saying way too much hyperbole.

Over the top.

elperello wrote: »

I think it's more about the pronunciation. I think it kind of trancends religion in an Irish context...has almost become a distinct word. But fair enough if some might be offended.

...but we don’t leave our devices like a plasterers radio after this mornings show.

Shudder at the thought.

I disagree but let's be clear about the subject:

Sarah McInerney is a better broadcaster than Pat Kenny. At least, lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    "JESUS!"

:D:D:D:D:D

Just tuned in as she was kind of apologising for it, hat was the context in which she said it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Gonna miss listening to Sarah in the mornings now. I actually really like her voice! Which might be a strange thing to say...but pretty important when you're on air I guess! Thought she was a breath of fresh air for the station, so it's sad to see them give the job to an RTE favourite when I thought Sarah was doing a fantastic job. Very poor decision imo. Will look forward to what she does next.

Jaysus. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Well said. Plenty of goldfish memories on this thread! And the Sean O'Rourke revisionism elsewhere shows it too - 15 months ago he was flavour of the month for his expert stitching up of Maria Bailey. Today he's a pariah!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

I think Sarah McInerney did a brilliant job on the programme over the past few months. She leaves the job with her credentials enormously enhanced. As others have said she finished off today in a classy way. If I was in charge in RTÉ Radio I would offer her the “News at One” job to replace Claire Byrne and the “This Week” job to replace David McCullagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Think I'll settle for "Jaysus":)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

What promoted the "Jesus"?

The lack of professionalism

limnam wrote: »
    The lack of professionalism

Oodles of personality and a sense of humour!

Started a new Today with Claire Byrne thread here:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058106563/1/#post114380316

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Have to say I was pleasently suprised by her show, I really hated her interview style on NT, all shouty, interrupting answers etc,
    She still does too much interupting but she was far better than i expected.

Oodles of personality and a sense of humour!

If amateur college radio is your bag.

She's top draw I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Nobody could have asked for a better send off. What a clusterfook by the Clifden culprits and they deserve everything thrown at them.

I wouldn't confuse the indulgences of the Oireachtas Golf Society with how the country is being run (although some are), nor would I base an appraisal of Sarah on today's shooting fish in a barrel (although some are). But she went out on a high and I'm sure she will rise again.

She's top draw I guess.

Hyperbole FM

She's top draw I guess.

a) it’s drawer as in “top drawer” as in a dresser.

And:

b) I have no idea where you’re pulling amateur college radio from

And

c) What did Sarah ever do to you?

b) I have no idea where you’re pulling amateur college radio from

Have a listen back to yesterdays show.

In the first 5 minutes alone she made more mistakes than an amateur on college radio.

She makes the whole show sound cheap, badly produced and her voice does not suit radio.

c) What did Sarah ever do to you?

Nothing, I don't understand why you're getting so involved in someones opinion of her. I like quality radio. Her shows on NT were a constant car crash and this is no better.

Some people were just not built for radio.
    There's not one redeeming feature of her delivery as a presenter.

Are you related to her? you seem to be taking this very personally

• Advertisement

I like Sarah and think she's good, but not without flaws as a broadcaster/interviewer. This thread was one of the better ones on the radio forum with balanced opinions, but it has completely lost the plot in the last day or so.

From posts suggesting Sarah's suddenly the greatest broadcaster on radio, to the other extreme of her not being fit to be on the radio at all. Can the mods just put this thread out of its misery...now that she's moving on (and best of luck to her).

The (recent) love in for Sarah is now seeping into the Claire Byrne thread. She's gone...maybe have a Sarah McInerney appreciation thread instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement