Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today Show with Sarah McInerney

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Cole wrote: »
    I like Sarah and think she's good, but not without flaws as a broadcaster/interviewer. This thread was one of the better ones on the radio forum with balanced opinions, but it has completely lost the plot in the last day or so.

From posts suggesting Sarah's suddenly the greatest broadcaster on radio, to the other extreme of her not being fit to be on the radio at all. Can the mods just put this thread out of its misery...now that she's moving on (and best of luck to her).

The (recent) love in for Sarah is now seeping into the Claire Byrne thread. She's gone...maybe have a Sarah McInerney appreciation thread instead.

Cole....... don’t draw them on us

You’ll have something like the John Creedon thread and a roster set up to bump it every day.

And Creedon set up as some kind of a genius usually the content.

Like s Sarah,he’s good..........but.....not....that.....good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

limnam wrote: »
    Have a listen back to yesterdays show.

In the first 5 minutes alone she made more mistakes than an amateur on college radio.

She makes the whole show sound cheap, badly produced and her voice does not suit radio.

Nothing, I don't understand why you're getting so involved in someones opinion of her. I like quality radio. Her shows on NT were a constant car crash and this is no better.

Some people were just not built for radio.
    There's not one redeeming feature of her delivery as a presenter.

Are you related to her? you seem to be taking this very personally

No, not related, have never met her and have no particular axe to grind on her behalf.

I'm getting involved because that is what happens on boards.ie, opinions are debated.

In this specific case I happen to disagree with the opinion or view that Sarah cheapened the show or that her voice / personality was unsuited to radio.

On the contrary, as a listener, I thought she was like a breath of fresh air, brought new energy to the show and was very engaging in her presentation. I don't believe that I'm and outlier in holding that view.

If that is what amateur college radio sounds like.........bring it on!!!!! So much better than a staid professional national broadcaster:)

Anyway she's gone now and I sure that our (non personal) attention will turn to CB on Monday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Great last show, it was hard to keep up with all the news as it flooded out, so fair play to the entire team for putting it together.

I'm going to miss Sarah, she was excellent all summer. On the comparisons between herself, Sean O'Rourke and Pat Kenny, if you compare her now to PK now and to SOR's last 6 months, she's far ahead. SOR was jaded I thought, and PK has gone full cranky. You obviously can't compare an entire lifetime of work for all 3 though.

I assume she'll end up somewhere decent in rte, the rumour is prime time I think?

Let's see if Claire Byrne keeps up the good work next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Any show I can listen to about politics now? All stations seem to have stupid light entertainment shows on at the moment! Do I have to wait until Rte 1o'clock news for next fix?

This always annoys me. From 9-12 there's talk radio and current affairs all over the place. 12 arrives and it's snooze ville on radio 1, music on the local stations and Ciara Kelly (and her replacement now) on newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I thought Sarah was excellent and won’t be long off the media. Also think PK is still the best and thought SOR was a real pro.
    Also like Claire as a broadcaster. Just making the point that just because you like one person you have to slag off their “rivals”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Mav11 wrote: »
    No, not related, have never met her and have no particular axe to grind on her behalf.

I'm getting involved because that is what happens on boards.ie, opinions are debated.

Oh, I was just asking as you asked what she's done to me. I wasn't awarded the it's boards and opinions are debated position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

limnam wrote: »
    Oh, I was just asking as you asked what she's done to me. I wasn't awarded the it's boards and opinions are debated position :)

:D

Ok, folks, ye've had yer last few words to say. Going to close this thread now.

Catmaniac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement