Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today Show with Sarah McInerney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

limnam wrote:
    Interrupting people and getting stroppy is not a technique. It's lack of experience

Her lack of experience is part of it but all news and current affairs shows on RTE radio have a culture of "gotcha" style interviews. We'll see if Clare Byrne can defy the producers and allow people to talk.

McInerney has some good qualities. She just needs to learn (or be trained) how to extract information from the people she interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    A position way too highbrow for you then?

Why are you getting personal with me?

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    She did indeed. She used to present the Breakfast Show with Ger Gilroy. If memory serves me correct, he left, Ivan came in, Claire moved out after a while.

While it's disappointing to see, we knew Sarah would only be in the seat for the summer. She played a blinder in my opinion.

I'll give Claire a listen, if it's in anyway resembling her TV show, I'm out.

Another NK stabled horse in the RTE ring, you'd wonder sometimes who's running the fcuking place.

Exactly. Is nobody out there asking questions as to why the ceo of one private company seems to hold the key as to who gets the top presenting jobs on our public broadcaster, who all come from his own agency? To me that harks back to the stuff of the old FF/Haughey era.

I'm presuming his offers RTE the advantage that he will look after all the good publicity on their behalf. But it seems to me, at least, he plays a very significant role in the running of the national publicly-funded broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I can predict the future (except for winning lotto numbers!)

I predict there will be a glowing interview in the Indo with Claire Byrne telling us all about how she juggles a hectic media career with a busy family life! Just wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No, your disdain for broadcasters who are demonstrably good.

In your opinion.

FWIW, I think McInerney has been good in this role and has improved considerably from her Newstalk days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

bureau2009 wrote: »
    I can predict the future (except for winning lotto numbers!)

I predict there will be a glowing interview in the Indo with Claire Byrne telling us all about how she juggles a hectic media career with a busy family life! Just wait and see!

Not forgetting her COVID diagnosis and dramatic hosting of a programme from her (newly built) garden shed.

- She may forget to mention that she did it so she'd be paid for the couple of weeks and that it was poor watching for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I wonder will Sarah be given the opportunity to interview SO'R about his attendance at the infamous golf dinner in Clifden before she leaves?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Grand quiet show for Sarah on her last day... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

dulpit wrote: »

Pity she is not there next week!! Plenty of ammo for CB to be getting on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

dulpit wrote: »

The promo for the show at about 9:35 must’ve been recorded yesterday.

Started off talking about the Democratic Convention.

😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

God she’s ago shouty this morning - calm down Sarah !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Some country ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The mask slipped.

Good point about the weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

she is in her element here this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Fair play to Sarah mentioning Seán and the others that they know attended and inviting them to respond

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Dukes out batting for Hogan. Maybe should have left him try do his own dirty work.

I hope she goes out on a high:)

Lots and lots and lots

Dukes out batting for Hogan. Maybe should have left him try do his own dirty work.

Hogan's tenure will not be decided here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Excellent show this morning. Sarah handling this very well. Shame she didn't get the gig.

Mav11 wrote: »
    Pity she is not there next week!! Plenty of ammo for CB to be getting on with.

Yes, plenty of ammo, but it will be a case of “Ready, Fire, Aim” next week

Serious stuff coming from Scally!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

She is on fire. Things happening fast. Gabriel Scally on now straight in with how bad this situation is.

Go Sarah, do this for us!

Jeez Gabriel, don't hold back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Loving the fast pace of this show. Fair play to her.

Comhra wrote: »
    Excellent show this morning. Sarah handling this very well. Shame she didn't get the gig.

Apart from the constant “ sorry to interrupt “ every few mins and disdain when a guest doesn’t conform to her own opinion .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

She is performing well this morning. She has to get a big gig after this.

Daz_ wrote: »
    Apart from the constant “ sorry to interrupt “ every few mins and disdain when a guest doesn’t conform to her own opinion .

She's just keeping a fast moving story on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Mav11 wrote: »
    She's just keeping a fast moving story on track.

Exactly, she is being fair to everybody. All getting fair chance to speak. Also went back to Dukes about Hogan & Woulfe on the back of texts received.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement