Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today Show with Sarah McInerney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Thank God mcInerney didnt get it. Shes horrendous

I won't miss her.

Having Healy on NT and her on RTE was a nightmare.

It's a tough business.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Talk about going out on a high!

She deserves a prime time slot for that outburst alone — she just said what we're all thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Comhra wrote: »
    Best bit of live radio I've heard in years. I'm way behind with the morning's jobs. Couldn't leave it!

Yes, I'm still listening, she really is excellent, what a ridiculous decision RTE have made

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Greenman wrote: »
    I won't miss her.

Having Healy on NT and her on RTE was a nightmare.

It's a tough business.
    I think it's fair to say you're in a minority in that opinion, today anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Denny61

Mav11 wrote: »
    Giving anybody else the BOC gig would be a big improvement:)

Personally can't stand her as no sense of humour..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Jaysus is right. The love in this morning for Sarah...I think she's good overall, but let's not lose the run of ourselves. As Brendan B said, it's pretty much an open goal for her to score this morning.

She deserves a prime time slot for that outburst alone — she just said what we're all thinking.
    I actually meant the whole programme today, in general (and it's not even half over yet) - but yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What promoted the "Jesus"?

She went to an ad break, and missed the mike being turned off by a split second

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I think it's fair to say you're in a minority in that opinion, today anyway!

Story of my life :-)

Great to have Tunein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Pretty intense before that, thought she was off air.

She went to an ad break, and missed the mike being turned off by a split second

Ah Heidi is it yourself?! ;)

That much I guessed (lol), what preceded it? Had she some waffling politician on?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Denny61 wrote: »
    Personally can't stand her as no sense of humour..

That Id have to disagree with, she's on a roll today and it's obvious she's enjoying her last show and with a sense of amusement, brilliant stuff

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Ah Heidi is it yourself?! ;)

That much I guessed (lol), what preceded it? Had she some waffling politician on?

Howya, BS - long time no see!!

She had almost a full hour of full-tilt all sorts, and managed it brilliantly.

I'm only surprised it wasn't "FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" :D

Did she say who's on The Gathering today?

I bet they're licking their lips in anticipation!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dempo1 wrote: »
    That Id have to disagree with, she's on a roll today and it's obvious she's enjoying her last show and with a sense of amusement, brilliant stuff

On a roll!!!!!

Even Charles Mitchel could have made todays show exciting ffs, given the material available ,and the amount of gimps lining up to have kick at the wounded beast.

Cole wrote: »
    Jaysus is right. The love in this morning for Sarah...I think she's good overall, but let's not lose the run of ourselves. As Brendan B said, it's pretty much an open goal for her to score this morning.

Even brendan would admit there's real talent here

Perhaps it's an open goal, but have you heard Pat Kenny today? Didn't hit the mark at all, very disappointing. McInerney is proving herself to be in another league. The respect is well-deserved IMO.

Perhaps it's an open goal, but have you heard Pat Kenny today? Didn't hit the mark at all, very disappointing. McInerney is proving herself to be in another league. The respect is well-deserved IMO.
    As usual I listened in to the first hour of PK - and disappointed is exactly what I was.

Chalk and cheese, I thought PK's rottweiler instincts would shine in this case. Maybe that's down to the researchers/producers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

To Pat Kenny? Ah here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Not one thing in particular, just that she spent 45 minutes jumping from one person to another on full throttle, no time for a break or to relax, in the middle of which Buttimer resigned.

It's a bit like getting 20 7 year old kids out of your house after a 6-hour birthday party. The last one goes, you flop on the couch and go - "Jayzus".

• Advertisement

As usual I listened in to the first hour of PK - and disappointed is exactly what I was.

Chalk and cheese, I thought PK's rottweiler instincts would shine in this case. Maybe that's down to the researchers/producers?
    Yep. He should be in his element here but he's mewing like a slightly-perturbed pussycat. Very strange. He barely even seems bothered lately.

Cole wrote: »
    To Pat Kenny? Ah here...

Lately, yes. Pat just isn't putting the effort in these days. He isn't his usual self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Lately, yes. Pat just isn't putting the effort in these days. He isn't his usual self.

Trump Trump Trump Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭castor 1

KevRossi wrote: »
    Not one thing in particular, just that she spent 45 minutes jumping from one person to another on full throttle, no time for a break or to relax, in the middle of which Buttimer resigned.

It's a bit like getting 20 7 year old kids out of your house after a 6-hour birthday party. The last one goes, you flop on the couch and go - "Jayzus".

Perfect analogy ðŸ˜

A little on the hyperbolic side caller? I've praised McInerney on here and elsewhere and she has certainly improved from her Newstalk days, but it's a little much lavishing such praise on her comparing her to Kenny's body of work.

Yep. He should be in his element here but he's mewing like a slightly-perturbed pussycat. Very strange. He barely even seems bothered lately.

Perhaps it's a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune? Pat is in his 70s now, I'd not be surprised if he's relaxing a little.......

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Anyone got a clip of Sarah McInerney's "sigh"?

Of course I would, she’s very good, The Brenner never said anything against her, just trying to put things in context and dampen down the sudden upswell of tumescence which seem to have descended on your platform,Ty.

She did very well,and deserves a slot somewhere in the same field on RTE.

Hope that’s a fair evaluation.

Ooooh........ Reggie is going to have her hands full here.

The negative line up is in place..... the auld VB tactic.

At least they have a performer on the govt side.

Let’s see how Sarah leans.....heh heh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Boyd-barrett will have a field day here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement