Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

markodaly wrote: »
    To the heard of hearing, can we close the border to NI?

Yes/No..??

Make some sense man. It's 'hard of hearing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I already listed the four plants that were closed and caught up in the latest Covid-19 clusters, not one of them is an ABP plant, or owned or operated by Larry Goodman. This is a fact. Know the difference between a fact and a white lie.

You said:
    Larry Goodman has no stake in any of the plants with Covid-19 clusters.

That's a false claim.
    You raised that point in relation to the lockdown measures in the 3 midland counties, that is why I corrected your false statement.

More lies.
    This is me:
    We can also ask Larry Goodman is it ok if we check his non resident polish tax paying workforce for covid and supply them with PPE.

In your head you made a specific link. I can't help you with that stuff.
    Yes, the 4 the Irish Times reported and where the latest outbreak is.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0809/1158126-covid-19-meat-plants-not-re-open/

Why on earth are you posting a link that is 3 months old, which in Covid tems, like doggy years is about 3 years old.... oh, that's right, to tell another white lie...

But I suppose we can add the name 'Larry Goodman' to the FG Bingo table. :D:)

Yes we must ridicule and deride any mention of people FG like to reward with fat contracts because...something...bingo... eh, okay. *eye roll emoji*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    That's a false claim.

Which plant or plants exactly, today has been closed in the three counties under lockdown as of now is owned by Larry Goodman?

Which plant or plants exactly, today has been closed in the three counties under lockdown as of now is owned by Larry Goodman?

No idea. Why ask me?

No idea. Why ask me?

None.

*Check-Mate*

• Advertisement

None.

*Check-Mate*

You said:
    Larry Goodman has no stake in any of the plants with Covid-19 clusters.

That's the false claim.

Yahtzee!

*I think you're playing chess with yourself dude*

That's the false claim.

Does he own any of the plants in the 3 counties under lockdown?
    The answer is of course no.

You then want to change the scope and talk about the entire pandemic since March, as if that is a winning argument.
    It was you who brought up Larry Goodman with an article about the recent outbreaks in these plants. Not me, you. So, yes more white lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I see Leo is out and about wearing a new pair of ‘fashion shoes’.

The shoe-wearing bourgeois bastid.

Does he own any of the plants in the 3 counties under lockdown?
    The answer is of course no.

You then want to change the scope and talk about the entire pandemic since March, as if that is a winning argument.
    It was you who brought up Larry Goodman with an article about the recent outbreaks in these plants. Not me, you. So, yes more white lies.

You made a false claim and I corrected you.

No, that's more made up guff. I brought him up in relation to foreign workers and them having to supply their own PPE.

You imagined and inferred the rest.

Would love to see the 'government' support this...
    Sinn Féin publishes bill that would ban co-living

Eoin Ó Broin said the proposals would also ban the ability of one minister to unilaterally change planning laws without a vote.

He said the current co-living regulations allow for living spaces of 12 square metres – which he said is the average size of a car parking space – at a current market price of €1,300 per month.

Deputy Ó Broin said: "The idea that anybody thinks it's a good idea to rent out living spaces that would have a bed, a kitchenette and a toilet in an equivalent space of a car park for €1,300 a month is not living in the real world."

He said he knows of ten applications in Dublin so far for co-living developments.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0811/1158596-bill-housing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What’s with the word government in quotes, dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why are SF so keen to ban things out of hand? He imagines everyone is a defined unit, we are not. It has its place and would appeal to certain kinds of people. It is a part of an overall solution which has many moving parts, most of which are not working properly.

The Co-Living bill is a ploy to make the Greens nervous, it appears they are the weak link and perhaps don't have the stomach for a long fight in government.

However, if they bail, it means more than likely, a new election which puts SF directly in the spotlight.

Do they really want to take over right now, with a €30 billion hole in the books to balance? God, it would be both frightening and delightful to see them try and form a government never mind run one.
    Imagine Cullinane as Minister of Health at the NPHET meetings? LOL

Their hubris may get in the way of them saying no government though.

We have seen what government has done to some fairly seasoned politicians in FF and to some ideological but decent and hard working politicians in the Greens.
    It is a very very VERY different ball game to sitting on the ditch throwing jabs.

It would be our Trump moment I feel, disaster after disaster, fight after fight, with SF versus the world and the 'establishment' until they wave the white flag and plead for mercy when the situation is no longer tenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

is_that_so wrote: »
    Why are SF so keen to ban things out of hand? He imagines everyone is a defined unit, we are not. It has its place and would appeal to certain kinds of people. It is a part of an overall solution which has many moving parts, most of which are not working properly.

The kind of people who have blow up dolls and go on quests but don't vote or any other grown up social activity for that matter,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

He says current market rate. Is the point of this not to provide cheap accommodation and drive rent down? So is this another bit of SF bulls**t???

Is this type of living not common all over Europe and elsewhere? Or is SF going to build a 5 bed house for every single person in Ireland :-)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He says current market rate. Is the point of this not to provide cheap accommodation and drive rent down? So is this another bit of SF bulls**t???

Is this type of living not common all over Europe and elsewhere? Or is SF going to build a 5 bed house for every single person in Ireland :-)

No...its not common all over europe?

Its modern day tenaments......the country was on its knees in the 50s and could clear them and build social housing.....we are supposedly a rich country now,but wont do same for our poorest....something seriously wrong here

6 months after the election,3 months since sites reopened,how many social houses have been built/started

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Its modern day tenaments......the country was on its knees in the 50s and could clear them and build social housing.....we are supposedly a rich country now,but wont do same for our poorest....something seriously wrong here

6 months after the election,3 months since sites reopened,how many social houses have been built/started

Buddy, we are no longer rich and have much more tenuous issues to control right now.

But of course some folk don’t things like that into account.

Buddy, we are no longer rich and have much more tenuous issues to control right now

Agh ya.....fcuk the poor,they simply dont matter to ffg

They never had any intention of doing anything to solve this issue.....

as per fcuking usual.....nothing ever changes here

It's hardly out of hand. These types of dwellings have been discussed for some time. I don't know or care what motives SF might have to be honest.
    It's more than likely going to be many units for the smallest size legally allowed. I don't like the idea of dropping our standards lower on what constitutes a living space for those on lower incomes, which of course will spread to others on higher incomes too.
    If they will mostly be a reasonable size great, but we need ensure restrictions are in place. The boarding house shared kitchen or other suggestions are dodgy too IMO.

Agh ya.....fcuk the poor,they simply dont matter to ffg

They never had any intention of doing anything to solve this issue.....

as per fcuking usual.....nothing ever changes here

Doubt if that’s true, however when your hacienda is ablaze and in danger of destruction, I doubt it’s the flowering cherry in the front garden you will be worrying about, however the importance of the plant.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-td-says-good-riddance-to-member-who-resigned-over-sending-abusive-messages-1.4327497

The content of this is very topical and very in tune with this thread.

Worth a read, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-td-says-good-riddance-to-member-who-resigned-over-sending-abusive-messages-1.4327497

P O’Neill, in happier times:

8WaNpcb.jpg

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Get our poorest to pay rent in council houses would be a start :-)

It’s dog eat dog now

Have you lived in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Byrne description could hardly be described as derogatory seeing as the Irish times repeated it

It’s seems SF promote and support this carry on. So no surprise, it just seems more haven’t been caught yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

It’s seems SF promote and support this carry on. So no surprise, it just seems more haven’t been caught yet

Great to deflect when you're making a hames of things. FG the nasty party. It's true what the say the fish rots from the head down.

https://twitter.com/PhelanVicky/status/1286648467956224001?s=19

P O’Neill, in happier times:

8WaNpcb.jpg

This an example of the online shenanigans Fine Gael are whinging about? As the man said, pot meet kettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Really?

What kind of people do you know would "prefer" this arrangement?

Would you at any point in your life have chosen co-living over say, a shared house?

Anyone peddling co-living as a positive option to anyone not in on-campus or near-campus student accommodation is delusional.

Co-living as "part of the overall solution" is just a nicer way of saying "developers, REITs and their enablers are greedy as hell and don't give a flying f**k about solving the housing issue in our cities."

State-/LA-owned social housing is a part of the solution as well, funny how it has slipped down the list though in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Get our poorest to pay rent in council houses would be a start :-)

It’s dog eat dog now

Have you lived in Europe?

We've gone through this "rent in council house non payment" at length on this thread.

You and/or others were caught unawares as to what a differential rent was, and how it operates. I also discussed evictions, their difficulty in progressing within LA properties and other ancillary problems that may occur. But yes, unpaid rent in LA properties are the cause of all of our woes. Just like people on the dole are bleeding the State dry.

Tell me about co-living arrangements in "Europe"?

• Advertisement

That's it folks.
    The trouble with co-living regulations allowing for living spaces of 12 square metres and the like is rent arrears in council tenancies.
    What a load of defective cobblers.
    It sets a precedent. In a few years even clever boys who support anything that sticks it to the poor will be moving into these. Enjoy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement