Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    This forum is going to the dogs lately. Keep getting locked out of my account and it is near impossible to get back in again (which I eventually did after about 50 attempts) and even when logged back in, keep getting 'error' messages every second attempt when trying to go back a page to read older posts. The forum is becoming more of a chore than an enjoyment lately because of it.

It's a problem (or a host of them) with the whole site.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057503701&page=260

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Gonzo wrote: »
    yet another very dissapointing spell of summer weather for Ireland which is more or less a bust at this stage. Saturday was a lovely day but it's back to normal service since yesterday, today is crap altogether, 16C and moderate rain.

The next few days show temperatures into the low twenties with sunny spells but i'll believe it when I see it!

Got any recent charts for the week ahead Gonzo? Don't know what to expect with the way things have gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭giveitholly

After spending the last 3 hours raining in east limerick,Don't think anyone forecasted that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just off the beach in West cork, still sunny and warm. Last three days have been perfect weather wise and temperature wise. Going up the country during the week along the west so let's hope it stays nice haha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Got any recent charts for the week ahead Gonzo? Don't know what to expect with the way things have gone!

the models/forecasts got the past 2 days rather wrong with mostly cool and cloudy conditions. Many places have seen rain or showers today and temperatures struggling around 16 to 18C for the most part, far from the low to mid twenties predicted widely for the country.

The next few days will see high teens to low twenties in spells of sunshine, cooler temperatures likely if cloud persists.

The Atlantic is set to come back from this weekend with a much cooler and more unsettled autumnal feel to the weather from next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Gonzo wrote: »
    the models/forecasts got the past 2 days rather wrong with mostly cool and cloudy conditions. Many places have seen rain or showers today and temperatures struggling around 16 to 18C for the most part, far from the low to mid twenties predicted widely for the country.

The next few days will see high teens to low twenties in spells of sunshine, cooler temperatures likely if cloud persists.

The Atlantic is set to come back from this weekend with a much cooler and more unsettled autumnal feel to the weather from next week.

Going on met.ie reports its the east that this is particularly true of. It was supposed to be the east that did best over the weekend and that was way off - west and south were best. It was the best weekend of the year here in Cork. Not as nice today but still early twenties (mostly cloudy in Cork city). Looking at met.ie its 20c at 5pm in Cork, Shannon and Finner. Everywhere else in the teens with, most unusually, the Eastern stations worst (16c) for second day running. Crazy really when ye are nearest to the 30s presently in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Tomorrow may be sunnier for the east, cloudy and humid today. Think Wednesday's dry now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭pauldry

Raining in Sligo once again. At least we got 2 or 3 nice days including 21c today until now.

This is due to stop at 9pm here. So a nice dry night if that counts as nice weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Going on met.ie reports its the east that this is particularly true of. It was supposed to be the east that did best over the weekend and that was way off - west and south were best. It was the best weekend of the year here in Cork. Not as nice today but still early twenties (mostly cloudy in Cork city). Looking at met.ie its 20c at 5pm in Cork, Shannon and Finner. Everywhere else in the teens with, most unusually, the Eastern stations worst (16c) for second day running. Crazy really when ye are nearest to the 30s presently in the UK.

Same up here in Donegal, easily the best weekend since the start of June so a bit disingenuous to say the forecast was totally wrong. Certainly for the East coast counties but for much of the country it was a great weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

JUST holding dry in south mayo
    By the skin of its teeth !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a damp murky evening in Meath and starting to feel on the chilly side. Temperature currently 15C.

Very dark wet evening in Sligo. Not heavy rain but you need the car lights on at 730pm

The long range looks brutal on latest run. Basically we get one or two more days ok with showers then cool and wet until September....at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

pauldry wrote: »
    Very dark wet evening in Sligo. Not heavy rain but you need the car lights on at 730pm

The long range looks brutal on latest run. Basically we get one or two more days ok with showers then cool and wet until September....at least

Same in Letterkenny, ran down to Tesco at 8pm and surprised to see I needed the headlights on, first time using them since probably March

Evenings noticeably shorter now
    About as short as when we got the last good spell
    We missed the sweet spot in between

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

T Keep getting locked out of my account and it is near impossible to get back in again (which I eventually did after about 50 attempts) and even when logged back in, keep getting 'error' messages every second attempt when trying to go back a page to read older posts. The forum is becoming more of a chore than an enjoyment lately because of it.

Same here. I managed to log in a few minutes ago after trying on and off since last night. That surprise rain we got this evening was most welcome. I was starting to miss it after the two fine days we had.

Me too. I'm glad Sligo is in Ulster.

Today's weather forecast changed every hour. Very funny day. I just looked at satellite n said to kids...yeah itl prob rain this evening.

Second swirl of showers has brought 9mm so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cool and grey start in North Dublin..

Forecast was for a pleasant day but we'll see if this blanket cloud lifts

Although I see now that ME have downgraded that significantly. Cloudy all day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

This weather in Dublin is the absolute Pitts.

I could handle the dull June and July as it was entirely expected after such a good spring imo.

But I was looking forward to this sunny and warm spell however it’s just been dull, dank and drizzly. Apart from Saturday.

It’s even worse because we actually have high pressure near by and decent upper temps. Only in Ireland could such meteorological conditions give such poor weather.

Happy to hear things are nicer further West though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

lawred2 wrote: »
    Cool and grey start in North Dublin..

Forecast was for a pleasant day but we'll see if this blanket cloud lifts

Although I see now that ME have downgraded that significantly. Cloudy all day now.

Yea was miserable day yesterday with lots of rain. Today diesnt look much better so far. We seem to have lost the nice weather in Dublin anyway over last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sunday max was only 17.5 at DA + a whole 1 hour of sunshine. Meanwhile in Athnery it reached 24 degrees.

Yesterday was even worse with 16.6 max at D.A + 0.2 hours of sunshine. Newport 22.4.

West is really the best at the moment!

• Advertisement

Not really NW until today.

Todays a proper day of Summer. Warm sunshine 23c prob later.
    Gonna swim later. Will probably take 5 hours to get through roadworks.

Off next week though and it looks like it might snow. Well it will be cool and wet.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

The mist and murk is an absolute curse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

compsys wrote: »

Happy to hear things are nicer further West though.

It's dull, dreary, damp and close with a 95% + humidity reading here in the west which is the summer standard this year. We had a couple of sunny days, that was it.

New Moon

It's dull, dreary, damp and close with a 95% + humidity reading here in the west which is the summer standard this year. We had a couple of sunny days, that was it.

Beginning to brighten up a bit now thankfully.
    Yday was a weird day. It threatened to rain for about 8hours!
    Felt very heavy out too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Another grey overcast day again, 3 in a row.
    The satellite image on Sat24 is nearly a carbon copy of sundays, even the temperatures match up.
    Very mild out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Brightening up nicely in Castlebar and the clouds are starting to break, 21.2C currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Warm spells of sunshine here in Castlebar ,21 degrees and feeling very warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Snap! :)

another murky grey and cloudy day here in Meath, and there was I foolishly expecting a few seconds of sunshine today but we can't even get that.

Once the Atlantic comes back next week I doubt i'll notice much of a difference in the weather, we might even get more sunshine.

• Advertisement

compsys wrote: »
    This weather in Dublin is the absolute Pitts.

This entire summer has been the pitts. I can't think of a single spell of fine weather that has actually worked out in our favor since June the 2nd other than very isolated days of sunny weather and temperatures have only gone north of 20C a few times. I can't remember any other summer being this cloudy through all 3 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement