Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hazy and partly cloudy following fog lifting earlier. Already 21°c in south Laois.

Overnight low of 12.5°c. Very light northerly 4mph gusting 8mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Reading the latest met.ie updates looks like munsters good weather could end today and the rest of ye get revenge! Good while it lasted... mind you met.ie were forecasting the east as the place to be last weekend so not nailed on by any means....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

total cloud cover yet again in Meath, Day 5 of it. At least today is feeling warmish, temperature currently 22C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭pauldry

23c inland Sligo at present

MT Dillon reporting 24c now. Once that place heats up it usually goes higher and higher so it might finish at 26 or 27c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This warm spell going to complete waste here in Leinster. Imagine if we had sun over the past few days places like Phoenix Park and Oak Park would easily have got to 26 or 27C by this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gonzo wrote: »
    This warm spell going to complete waste here in Leinster. Imagine if we had sun over the past few days places like Phoenix Park and Oak Park would easily have got to 26 or 27C by this stage.

Exceeded 24°c now in Johnstown, near Urlingford in Kilkenny County: http://www.laoisweather.com/johnstownkk/today.htm

They're getting a bit of a fohn effect there owing to the NE breeze and the hills near there. I'm at the other side of the hills, and it's 22.3°c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

I know. So frustrating for the east these last few days and very disappointing. Cloud cloud and more cloud. At least it’s warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another lovely day in Letterkenny, cloudy morning but sunny all afternoon and feeling nice and warm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭pauldry

Theres a risk of sea fog this evening in Northwest just to warn people because Met Eireann rarely mention this.

24c now. Baking hot

23C now with the blanket of cloud. If we had clear blue skies we would easily get another 2 to possibly 4C on that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Nice fluffy clouds building up.

IMG-20200812-151546.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

It started so promising this morning in Dublin but now back to this cloudy muck!.

It is warm though despite no sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Oak Park in Carlow up to 25 degrees @ 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

A strange mix of clear blue skies one minute and just when you think it has cleared up it gets covered in sheets of clouds again...its been like this all morning/day...Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Pretty nice day in Dublin 5. I think Phoenix park has been up around 23 degrees today so pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Stunning day in Sligo. Car says 24 degrees atm. Some copies appearing but absolutely gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Near Limerick City. Fog persisted up to about 1100 this morning. Fair and very warm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Scorcher in Letterkenny, clear blue cloudless skies :cool:

Yesterday in Dublin we had 0 hours of sunshine.

Just checked latest reports there for locations + yes loads of you have fair weather while we have mist yet again!

At least its warm I suppose.

Whats the most annoying is every day the stupid Met Eireann forecast + local app keep telling me I'm going to get sunny weather it's always coming later on but never f$$King happens.

If they told us cloudy you would live with that but its the hope each day of sunshine that never comes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

roasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

It's cleared up a fair bit to be fair on satellite over much of Leinster today. Extremely stubborn cloud still remains over Dublin, parts of N Kildare and Meath. In D9, we had maybe an hour of hazy sun but other than that it is totally cloudy, horizon to horizon. Temperatures are better of course but wouldn't consider it lovely. Dull is dull. Cleared up nicely over Wicklow now, so maybe the evening will fare better for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Very warm and sunny in my area of meath today, rathkenny/lobinstown area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

I don't think I've ever experienced such a poor run of weather for Dublin under such 'good' conditions :confused: Saturday was sunny but didn't even reach 20 degrees. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were cool, dank and dull. Today is warm but is totally cloudy :(

Am delighted other parts of the country are getting nice weather. it's well deserved for them. But honestly I'd be happy for the crap weather of June and July to return for Dublin as we at least saw some sun!

As others have said, it's the inability of some forecasters, in particular MET E, but others too, to correctly forecast cloud cover in Ireland that is so frustrating. Another problem of being so close to the Atlantic I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

compsys wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever experienced such a poor run of weather for Dublin under such 'good' conditions :confused: Saturday was sunny but didn't even reach 20 degrees. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were cool, dank and dull. Today is warm but is totally cloudy :(

Am delighted other parts of the country are getting nice weather. it's well deserved for them. But honestly I'd be happy for the crap weather of June and July to return for Dublin as we at least saw some sun!

As others have said, it's the inability of some forecasters, in particular MET E, but others too, to correctly forecast cloud cover in Ireland that is so frustrating. Another problem of being so close to the Atlantic I guess...

I wouldn’t take the atrocity that was July 2020 over this rubbish. Least this is dry and relatively mild. July 2020 was cool and wet as well as dull.. as bad a summer month gets.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I wouldn’t take the atrocity that was July 2020 over this rubbish. Least this is dry and relatively mild. July 2020 was cool and wet as well as dull.. as bad a summer month gets.

despite the very disappointing weather over the past 5 days it isn't in the same league as the trainwreck that was July. As bad as this summer has been, the past week is probably overall the best weather we've had since June the 2nd.

Today is somewhat of an improvement, very brief moments of milky hazy sunshine within the cloud layer. Not looking forward to sleeping tonight, it could be the warmest night since June 2018. Temperatures in some urban areas may struggle to go below 18 or 19C in places tonight.

A few more days of warmth ahead before we buckle down for the autumn. No guarantees of sunshine tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It was actually a nice afternoon out there in Dublin. Cloudy but that really light cloud that makes the day really bright. Nice and balmy too.

My in-laws down west had sun and 25°C today. I’m envious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Absolutely glorious in Limerick since Friday. Might not be as hot as the end of May early June spell but this is much more enjoyable after the weather we've had since then.

Is this set to continue tomorrow and Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Some nice convection over parts of UK at the mo:

SaASu7O.gif

Models suggesting that Munster and Leinster could have a risk of some overnight storms tonight too. Lovely day here today if a bit too warm (thankfully with a breeze) with a sky as pure as I have seen all summer.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Am I missing something? I am in Dublin and today was 23 degrees. It has been dry and mostly warm since Saturday. It was sunny today and Saturday but cloudier the other days. It definitely has not been bad weather in Dublin, I have been out with the kids most days and it’s been very pleasant. Are we only referring to sunshine? For me dry and in the 20s constitutes decent weather.
    compsys wrote: »

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement