Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Ignore the fibrerollout map, it hasn't been updated for a while.

If your eircode is indicating FTTH is available that should be good enough until the technician calls out to survey the location.

Have a look at the poles nearby for a black fibre distribution box.

x3lghDA.jpg

Enter your eircode here to see your status on the National Broadband Plan NBI map - https://nbi.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Thanks for that

Ya there's a yoke that looks just like that picture on the pole just outside the house. And I'm outside an intervention area....

I'll hope for the best and see what yer man says when he lands out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Ya there's a yoke that looks just like that picture on the pole just outside the house. And I'm outside an intervention area....

Sorted so, enjoy.

Which ISP are you going with, Airwire?

The Cush wrote: »
    Sorted so, enjoy.

Which ISP are you going with, Airwire?

Eir is the handiest deal for me so hopefully all goes to plan. Cheers for the help anyway, thanks

Up and running. Speeds of 140+
    Very happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the turnaround time, the eir guys were working outside my house at the start of lockdown putting down gigabit fiber, they said I should be able to get it in a few weeks that's 3mts ago or so and still nothing on the airwire site. Seems to be taking a very long time..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 William_Flynn

Eir are blowing fibre in the centre of Malahide this morning. Hopefully it won’t be too long more before the ftth goes live as the started working in the town in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

Eir are blowing fibre in the centre of Malahide this morning. Hopefully it won’t be too long more before the ftth goes live as the started working in the town in February.
    Yeah I live nearby and told by eir available on July 27.

Seemingly I can't peorder it yet though

vanti wrote: »
    Yeah I live nearby and told by eir available on July 27.

Thanks for the date, I was wondering when it is due to go live.

Ties in with what other posts said that the roll out takes around six months in an area, as they started work in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hey Everyone,

Would any kind soul on here have any info on the ftth rollout in Ashbourne ? Ive contacted SIRO and Eir and been told its already live in Ashbourne but its not available in my estate. Ive has the same response for the last year. It looks like they put it live in a very small portion of Ashbourne (over a year ago) and have since left the area as there has been no sign of the usuall K&N vans or any type of comms work since.

Appreciate any replies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Would any kind soul on here have any info on the ftth rollout in Ashbourne ? Ive contacted SIRO and Eir and been told its already live in Ashbourne but its not available in my estate. Ive has the same response for the last year. It looks like they put it live in a very small portion of Ashbourne (over a year ago) and have since left the area as there has been no sign of the usuall K&N vans or any type of comms work since.

Appreciate any replies.

sounds a bit like Dunshaughlin. Alot of Siro work completed throughout the town over the past year but I've yet to see any eircode that passes for Siro in the area. Eir are making decent progress with passing many address with FTTH over the past few months, even tho work on Eir's urban rollout here only started in December.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

The same happened in Malahide, only few small areas on the edge were done two or three years ago. However since this Feburary work has been going on in all remaining parts to roll out fibre, others have said that it takes about six months to go live from when they start. The giveaway is seeing numbers, arrows, and the word "splice" appearing on the access covers, and black boxes on poles. Firstly they lay ducting and then blow fibre into them. Their vans were open eir, rather than KN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Orla1975

EIR have over charged me, taken illegally money from my account, will not answer your call. 3 months trying to contact them to cancel. Have the rudest staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Orla1975 wrote: »
    EIR have over charged me, taken illegally money from my account, will not answer your call. 3 months trying to contact them to cancel. Have the rudest staff.

Have something similar going on at the moment, been charged extra for over use broadband charges on FTTH contrary to https://www.eir.ie/support/billing/usage-allowance/ (This charging is not applicable to new or updated eir Fibre packages ordered or upgraded after July 25th 2018. Existing eir Fibre customers may request to update their package, subject to current terms and conditions.)

My service has been renewed since July 2018 and even had Eir confirm to me at the time of renewing in March 2019 and again just recently when i renewed my service that their would be no extra charges...

So currently have a complaint in with Eir, but have received nothing but automated email responses back (can't get thru on the phone and not willing to be kept on hold for ever) -- also opened a dispute with Comreg and so far they have been next to useless with just automated email responses ... not sure where to go next .. who do you complain to when the regulator are hopeless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not sure if it has to do with FTTH, living in a suburb in cork city and KN and another company called defusion are currently putting cable underground. We do have FTTC in the area but it looks like fibre cable it's whitish? The vans also have an eir sticker on the inside, haven't heard anything about FTTH coming to our area yet though but from reading it looks like these guys do it. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hako

KN group is carrying new fibre ducts and cable installation in my area in Dublin 1 since July 13th. Anyone knows how long it usually takes to get all set and running to be able to get fiber connection? Eir fiber rollout map shows in 6-12 months in my area since 2015. So I don't rely on their map.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

hako wrote: »
    KN group is carrying new fibre ducts and cable installation in my area in Dublin 1 since July 13th. Anyone knows how long it usually takes to get all set and running to be able to get fiber connection? Eir fiber rollout map shows in 6-12 months in my area since 2015. So I don't rely on their map.

Thanks!

KN carrying out similar work in my estate in Limerick.
    Fingers crossed they go live before December.
    Have VM at the moment but am in area that both SIRO and OpenEIR have on their build plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭vqr2a0kg3lywos

Does anyone know if this would indicate distribution points for FTTH in our estate?

https://imgur.com/a/1LtqxMS

We don't have any kind of fibre here but a KN engineer is saying we are pretty much good to go, it just needs to be connected. Said it would be a days work max.

Does that image seem correct for that or is there more to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Does anyone know if this would indicate distribution points for FTTH in our estate?

We don't have any kind of fibre here but a KN engineer is saying we are pretty much good to go, it just needs to be connected. Said it would be a days work max.

It means it's close enough but could be further work to be done that an engineer may not be aware of. You're definitely closer than a lot of people who are waiting for FTTH.

Contact your provider and give them those details they may be able to provide a forecast date.

It means it's close enough but could be further work to be done that an engineer may not be aware of. You're definitely closer than a lot of people who are waiting for FTTH.

Contact your provider and give them those details they may be able to provide a forecast date.

I've contacted my provider so we'll see what they come back with.

So frustrating that it's so close!

Do you think we still need to be surveyed and stuff by NBI or are we much closer than that? Is there any way to push this with Eir? So frustrating that it's so close but not activated.

Especially when we're stuck without FTTC either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've contacted my provider so we'll see what they come back with.

So frustrating that it's so close!

Do you think we still need to be surveyed and stuff by NBI or are we much closer than that? Is there any way to push this with Eir? So frustrating that it's so close but not activated.

Especially when we're stuck without FTTC either

If the engineer showed you those details I imagine you're much closer than NBI side of things. I would have thought with that information it would be openeir

If the engineer showed you those details I imagine you're much closer than NBI side of things. I would have thought with that information it would be openeir

Yeah NBI told me that anything already laid wasn't anything to do with them.

The engineer we got that from wasn't in our estate but he was asked about it so that's promising at least.

The frustrating thing is the broadband officer for Galway has said OpenEir have no plans to give us FTTH because there's already a FTTC product available in the area apart from our estate doesn't get that!!

I tried contacting OpenEir but the email on their site doesn't have anyone manning it now, in fact it just sends you back to NBI which is useless.

Bit stuck but would like to try and get the ball rolling.

Quick follow up on this - it sounds like we're getting fibre installed.

At least that's what we were told - "Open Eir have come back to me today, stating that their intention is now to supply a fibre service to the estate"

Is there a chance it could be FTTC? Right now we are pretty much too far away from the cabinet for anything decent so they'd have to install a new one I'd assume?

Are any companies even still installing new cabinets, or is it likely this will be a FTTH install?

Trying to get confirmation from Eir but not sure when that will be

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Quick follow up on this - it sounds like we're getting fibre installed.

At least that's what we were told - "Open Eir have come back to me today, stating that their intention is now to supply a fibre service to the estate"

How did you get in touch with open Eir as would like to find out about my estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I'm also interested in how you managed to get a response from them? I email them on a weekly basis and they refuse to respond to me about connecting to the DP 280m away even though there is 8 houses here for a DP who all want 500mb-1gb connections which is guaranteed business for them!!

jspuds wrote: »
    How did you get in touch with open Eir as would like to find out about my estate?

Not directly, had to go through local TDs.

That was the email they got back from OpenEir.

I think in our case there was some miscommunication about why they hadn't provided fibre in the first place, thinking we got it when we didn't.

That's the point I kept arguing anyway.

Not holding my breath just yet though, until I see it on a speed test I won't believe it...

Just got on to my local TD, he's an independent from just down the road so hopefully he'll get something sorted! Even a reply from them saying no wouldn't be so bad because at least I would finally have a response!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭brimur69

Sorry if this has been asked before, difficult to search this many pages.

Had anyone ever gotten the ftth extended to their home after initial work completed? My siblings and I live in houses built on our family land in a rural area and on an eir line check we get "Speeds of up to 10Mb are available at your home". We actually only get about 5Mb. The next house up the road (half mile) and houses beyond towards the local village can get 1Gbit ftth. So I was wondering if we put in a request to extend ftth to our 7 homes would it even be considered?

brimur69 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, difficult to search this many pages.

Had anyone ever gotten the ftth extended to their home? My siblings and I live in houses built on our family land in a rural area and on an eir line check we get "Speeds of up to 10Mb are available at your home". We actually only get about 5Mb. The next house up the road (half mile) and houses beyond towards the local village can get 1Gbit ftth. So I was wondering if we put in a request to extend ftth to our 7 homes would it even be considered?

I'm currently in the process of trying to get it done. Emailed local TD, all of the councillors in the county council, and asking for details for the Galway broadband officer.

I have emailed OpenEIR on a weekly basis since April and never got a single response from them so this is the only way I feel I can get a response about it. In my case the nearest DP is 280m away and a KN engineer who called out said since the span is less than 500m it should be an easy job if people in the planning section of OpenEIR decide to flick a switch to add me and 7 other houses to the plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

TheSegal wrote: »
    I'm currently in the process of trying to get it done. Emailed local TD, all of the councillors in the county council, and asking for details for the Galway broadband officer.

I have emailed OpenEIR on a weekly basis since April and never got a single response from them so this is the only way I feel I can get a response about it. In my case the nearest DP is 280m away and a KN engineer who called out said since the span is less than 500m it should be an easy job if people in the planning section of OpenEIR decide to flick a switch to add me and 7 other houses to the plans.

could I PM you? I have a slightly different situation but have gone down a similar route

Advertisement