Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭REFLINE1

Cluster wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear on where mine is at but there are sites up there that have to be finished so I would say yes but with the delays obviously.

Site is shut again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Is this Bellevue Heights?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Looks like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Spotted a planning application notice went up this week for the rest of the Churchlands site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamh1089

Has anyone who bought in the first phase been given a move in/snag date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thenewguys

Niamh1089 wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought in the first phase been given a move in/snag date?

Told Dec for snag so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamh1089

thenewguys wrote: »
    Told Dec for snag so fingers crossed.

Oh great to know, we've been told the same! Crossing all our fingers that we will all have our keys by the end of the year :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mccartas

We have bought in Phase 1 also and have been told January for snagging. The showhomes will be ready in September for phase 2 release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shanofibo

Can anyone share the prices of phase 1?..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fastnet2020

Interesting/extremely worrying to hear such varied completion dates for phase one.
    Sherry Fitz has said October, Developer says more like Nov and now some saying January! It would be nice to have a realistic projection so we can plan our housing/mortgage circumstances. Is anyone else in this boat?

• Administrators Posts: 53,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't listen to Sherry Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rockford1

Naturally there are going to be varying snag/closing dates given where each house is presently at. For example 13 & 14 (that are essentially built) will be ready sooner than the 3 bed terraces that are at early foundation level.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Interesting/extremely worrying to hear such varied completion dates for phase one.
    Sherry Fitz has said October, Developer says more like Nov and now some saying January! It would be nice to have a realistic projection so we can plan our housing/mortgage circumstances. Is anyone else in this boat?

I am. Up in Seagreeen though. In fairness to them, they didnt see the Pandemic coming. Its thrown everyone's plans out by a few months. Banks are looking again at how stable your job is in the current environment before lending and thats after Ive been approved but due to the delay I have to draw down the mortgage again, and thats a bit tricky.

I'd cut out Sherry Fitz as much as possible and talk directly to the builder for any dates.

Cluster wrote: »
    I am. Up in Seagreeen though. In fairness to them, they didnt see the Pandemic coming. Its thrown everyone's plans out by a few months. Banks are looking again at how stable your job is in the current environment before lending and thats after Ive been approved but due to the delay I have to draw down the mortgage again, and thats a bit tricky.

I'd cut out Sherry Fitz as much as possible and talk directly to the builder for any dates.

Thank you for your reply, I'm in the same boat with the bank and mortgage. Completely understand that covid has thrown a spanner in the works & to be fair, the builders have been good. Fingers toes and everything else crossed 🙌

awec wrote: »
    Don't listen to Sherry Fitz.

Lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rockford1

Does anyone know if the Help to Buy increase (20k-30k) is available to purchasers who have signed contracts and submit the claim on revenue site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone else looking to buy in second phase? Supposed to be going up for sale in September but details are still scant from both the estate agent and builders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone else looking to buy in second phase? Supposed to be going up for sale in September but details are still scant from both the estate agent and builders.

Just to add to this. No firm details yet but pricing has moved from 'mid 400s' to 'high 400s' since I last spoke to the agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoldCanStay

Rockford1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Help to Buy increase (20k-30k) is available to purchasers who have signed contracts and submit the claim on revenue site?

"Claim stage
    You can make your claim once you have either:

signed the contract for your home
    drawn down the first part of the mortgage if you are self building".

revenue.ie/en/property/help-to-buy-incentive/how-do-you-apply-for-help-to-buy-htb.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoldCanStay

Looking to buy in phase 2 if I can afford it with the reviewed prices.

Is Help to Buy applicable to Churchlands? I haven't seen Wood Group Homes on the approved contractors list. Or am I missing something?

Is there a maintenance fee for Churchlands? I have seen 2 conflicting comments in the thread.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

hi, I am contemplating between Eastmount (3 bed at 120 sqmts) and Churchlands (3 bed at 115 sqmts with attic), inclined towards latter due to non-convertible attic in Eastmount. can anyone share more information about these two estate builders? thank you

Is this really the case? If so, the project will become very less attractive to First time buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mccartas

Is Help to Buy applicable to Churchlands? I haven't seen Wood Group Homes on the approved contractors list. Or am I missing something?

Is there a maintenance fee for Churchlands? I have seen 2 conflicting comments in the thread.

Thanks in advance.
    There is no maintenance fee in Churchlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mgld

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, thanks for this whole thread!

Don't worry, they're definitely an approved contractor for the Help to Buy scheme. They go by the name 'Townpark Estates Ltd'.

We have bought a 3 bed semi-d off plans and Sherry Fitzgerald have suggested December for snagging for us (so probably early next year is more realistic).

Sherry Fitz also said that the showhouses will be ready in September, so I'd imagine there will be news soon for people wanting to buy in the second release.

I visited the Eastmount show house at the weekend and it seems lovely too. I'm happier with Churchlands because of the full stair case to the attic and the possibility of converting it quite easily. The third bedroom in Eastmount does feel significantly larger than the equivalent in Churchlands though.

Does anyone know how many houses were actually sold in the first release? I know there were red stickers on far more of them than they originally planned to sell.

hi, I am wondering if Churchlands already sold phase 1? I thought the release in Sept is the first release?
    I had been to Eastmount and non-convertible attic is a big no for me. I will wait for sept release of churchland. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mgld

Perhaps I have the terminology wrong, but in October Sherry Fitz announced that they were selling 21-27, 29-33 and 38-42 off-plans. We were shown the showhouses in Seagreen Gate as an example.

When they opened the site to show us the muddy field, there appeared to be more potential buyers than houses. As we left the portacabin, they seemed to have also sold 13-18. I don't know if they released more after that.

If 'off-plans' is the same thing as the first release, then Sept 2020 will be the second release?

Advertisement