Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Yes, I rang today too! Although they couldnt confirm an exact date it looks like the last week of Sept before prices are confirmed. Prices starting at 450k supposidly.

Interesting that you heard 450k! I was told high 400s and when I asked for clarification was told that the 'high' range would be 465 - 490. Did you speak to Lorcan or Jackie?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

yeah, 450 seems to be very high as a starting price, maybe 450K is for 115 square meters 3 bedroom house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Janethickey

Interesting that you heard 450k! I was told high 400s and when I asked for clarification was told that the 'high' range would be 465 - 490. Did you speak to Lorcan or Jackie?

It wasn't Jackie or Lorcan, I think it was some called Joanne possibly. The 450k could be for the terrace houses though - she didn't specify. Although 490k seems very high. Would that possibly be the 4 bed? The lack of clarity on prices is very frustrating

It wasn't Jackie or Lorcan, I think it was some called Joanne possibly. The 450k could be for the terrace houses though - she didn't specify. Although 490k seems very high. Would that possibly be the 4 bed? The lack of clarity on prices is very frustrating

Yes maybe the terrace houses are 450k. I see that plenty of the 3beds up in Eastmount (even with Westerly aspect) haven't sold yet so hopefully that discourages Wood group from pricing these too high.

Can anyone who bought a 3bed semi Din the first phase of Churchlands say how much they paid? I know the base price was 435k but did you have to pay more for the Southerly/Westerly aspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

I was on to SF today and told 480 for 4 beds. I think these are 3 beds with an attic though and not a 'proper' 4 bed. Am I right? I'm going to check the plans online.
    They told me they still have 4 beds left in Eastmount c. 550-600k which seems mad money.
    Launching this wkend

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I was on to SF today and told 480 for 4 beds. I think these are 3 beds with an attic though and not a 'proper' 4 bed. Am I right? I'm going to check the plans online.
    They told me they still have 4 beds left in Eastmount c. 550-600k which seems mad money.
    Launching this wkend

Yes, bedroom 4 is on the third floor in that model of house.

awec wrote: »
    Yes, bedroom 4 is on the third floor in that model of house.

do you have the planning ref?
    On Wicklowcoco at the mo, came across a file for Churchlands from May 2020 which is for apartments access via Delgany Glen... is this in the same development?

do you have the planning ref?
    On Wicklowcoco at the mo, came across a file for Churchlands from May 2020 which is for apartments access via Delgany Glen... is this in the same development?

Yes. The planning thing that has the apartments should also have the houses, I think I saw them there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

Launching this wkend

whats launching this weekend? the 4 beds in churchlands or the rest of the 4 beds in Eastmount?

dannyc31 wrote: »
    whats launching this weekend? the 4 beds in churchlands or the rest of the 4 beds in Eastmount?

churchlands :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 rodrigo_santos

Hi does anyone know the dimensions for the rooms and back yard for 3 beds terrace? I couldn't find it in the contract or Churchlands website.

I'm not gonna lie this all feels a bit celtic tigerish. Very little information from estate agents, show up in line with your cash for a house not yet built. Massive price increase from last phase.

But I'm probably still going to buy one, been looking for too long and need to move on with life!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

all feels a bit celtic tigerish. Very little information from estate agents, show up in line with your cash for a house not yet built. Massive price increase from last phase.

Yes it does, and the country is officially in recession.

2011 wrote: »
    Yes it does, and the country is officially in recession.

this is likely to mean there will be a lot less mortgage approvals happening as banks start to tighten up. as for exceptions its hard to see them returning knocking out alot of potential first time buyers here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

how many people buying 400K+ houses are being affected by this recession though? if it drags on then of course everyone will be affected eventually but for now income tax receipts are up which suggests people at the middle/higher end are still getting paid.

dannyc31 wrote: »
    this is likely to mean there will be a lot less mortgage approvals happening as banks start to tighten up. as for exceptions its hard to see them returning knocking out alot of potential first time buyers here. :(

Yep, I think the exceptions are gone from what I'm hearing. Still pretty annoyed by the mooted costs of 480k upwards. A 55k increase from the first phase is fairly scandalous. A last horrah for sherry fitz and wood group to get cash in the door before the purses tighten properly?

Yep, I think the exceptions are gone from what I'm hearing. Still pretty annoyed by the mooted costs of 480k upwards. A 55k increase from the first phase is fairly scandalous. A last horrah for sherry fitz and wood group to get cash in the door before the purses tighten properly?

I don't think it's a 55k increase. The 480k is the 4 bed price according to the person who posted it. The 435k price in Phase 1 was for a 3 bed.

I am not sure if there were any 4 beds in the phase 1.

I don't think it's a 55k increase. The 480k is the 4 bed price according to the person who posted it. The 435k price in Phase 1 was for a 3 bed.

I am not sure if there were any 4 beds in the phase 1.

No it's the same house design(the Raleigh). They are just calling it a proto 4 bed now to justify the price increase (a floored attic is not a bedroom imo). I called yesterday to confirm. I was told 485k so it's actually a 60k increase!

No it's the same house design(the Raleigh). They are just calling it a proto 4 bed now to justify the price increase (a floored attic is not a bedroom imo). I called yesterday to confirm. I was told 485k so it's actually a 60k increase!

I'd say every phone call at this point is hiking the prices by 5k 😅

I actually had a look on the site, I don't think they'll call them 4 beds. They've done the attic floor and put the extra staircase in, when they sold these houses in this configuration in Seagreen they were sold as 3 beds.

They sold the same house as a 4 bed, and when they did that the attic room was fully kitted out to be a bedroom with one of those velux balcony windows and an en-suite.

• Advertisement

I actually had a look on the site, I don't think they'll call them 4 beds. They've done the attic floor and put the extra staircase in, when they sold these houses in this configuration in Seagreen they were sold as 3 beds.

They sold the same house as a 4 bed, and when they did that the attic room was fully kitted out to be a bedroom with one of those velux balcony windows and an en-suite.

Yeah they aren't directly calling them 4 beds. Just saying that they are 3 beds but nearly 4 beds *wink wink*

Either way still a 60k price increase!

Yeah they aren't directly calling them 4 beds. Just saying that they are 3 beds but nearly 4 beds *wink wink*

Either way still a 60k price increase!

Well when you think up the road in Eastmount the 3 bed's without possibility of conversation in the attic are going for 500k then they are definitely likely to be seen as a better bargain for many young families.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

Eastmount launched very few houses (10-12) in the market and last week i got an email saying 3 houses are still available. Looks like they didn't get a good response for price vs. area in this launch.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

loyatemu wrote: »
    how many people buying 400K+ houses are being affected by this recession though?

Pretty much all of them.

Most of the people buying homes within this price range are “middle income earners”. These are the people that will be impacted most in terms of tax increases during a recession.

Like so many others: My home cost more than that and my income has been directly impacted despite the fact that I have retained my job.
    if it drags on then of course everyone will be affected eventually

....and there is that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

2011 wrote: »
    Pretty much all of them.

Most of the people buying homes within this price range are “middle income earners”. These are the people that will be impacted most in terms of tax increases during a recession.

Like so many others: My home cost more than that and my income has been directly impacted despite the fact that I have retained my job.

....and there is that too.

so far there have been no tax increases, and I doubt there will be any in the upcoming budget; no public/civil service pay cuts (& the govt has said it will pay the increases due in October); no significant bank or tech job losses. It's early days obviously and if the pandemic drags on it'll sink the economy eventually but this isn't the same as 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭MangleBadger

runtastic wrote: »
    Eastmount launched very few houses (10-12) in the market and last week i got an email saying 3 houses are still available. Looks like they didn't get a good response for price vs. area in this launch.

They were all reserved on the launch day.
    They had 3 cancellations.
    Those 3 have now been reserved on the next viewing day. I have reserved one. Keen to see if I can get a look at Churchlands before I sign anything.

loyatemu wrote: »
    so far there have been no tax increases, and I doubt there will be any in the upcoming budget; no public/civil service pay cuts (& the govt has said it will pay the increases due in October); no significant bank or tech job losses. It's early days obviously and if the pandemic drags on it'll sink the economy eventually but this isn't the same as 2008.

I love your optimism :D

In my view a recession will hurt. Unfortunately we will have the financial fall out from COVID + Brexit to deal with very soon.

Mortgages for most people last far beyond this budget and the next. All of that cheap money we are borrowing will have to be paid back. Although there are no significant bank or tech job losses there are massive job losses in many other sectors, the tourism is just one example.

Anyway I hope you are right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 meallat

I heard there are around 20 units for sale in this launch - does anybody know which 20? I presume the bottom lot were sold in phase 1 ... but not too sure !

meallat wrote: »
    I heard there are around 20 units for sale in this launch - does anybody know which 20? I presume the bottom lot were sold in phase 1 ... but not too sure !

All of the South and West orientations for the 3 bed semi D's were sold in the first phase. So it's the North and East facing gardens left. Don't have the sitemap to hand for exact house numbers. but looking at it you should be able to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

Could this be the start of price drops?

Link

Advertisement