Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Cerco wrote: »
    Could this be the start of price drops?

Link

I would be interested to know how much Marina Village prices have dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's still another building to go in at MV (the one closest to the Beach House on the plans) - I wonder if they will bother building it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kniq127

Would anybody now why Eastmount 3bed is 500k and Churchlands 3bed+attic is 485k? Almost the same location. Eastmount will be located on the main road, Churchlands a bit further of the road. If anything you would price it the other way round. Any ideas?

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Eastmount houses are larger I believe, and have heat pumps whereas Churchlands have gas boiler (heat pump has higher up front cost).

That said, Eastmount does have pvc windows too which would be cheaper than the timber in churchlands.

Thank you awec. Are heat pumps expensive to run or noisy? The piece in a garden looks similar as A/C and I wonder if it is as laud as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kniq127 wrote: »
    Thank you awec. Are heat pumps expensive to run or noisy? The piece in a garden looks similar as A/C and I wonder if it is as laud as well.

much cheaper to run, my house is in a similar area with a heat pump. electricity bills are roughly 70-120 per month summer-winter for a 4 bed home. And that's even with two people working from home since march using electricity we from 9-5 we wouldn't usually.

The heat pump can spin up a bit and is audible but only really if you're in the garden or have a window cracked. It's not very loud at all

Heat pump is more expensive up front (by a good bit I think) but cheaper to run on an ongoing basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

So did anyone else get a booking? We're appointment number 13 despite calling the second we got the email. Still very sketchy on the details though. Couldn't even give basic information on the development

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

thanks for sharing this information. I think energy ratings speaks for itself, Churchlands has A2 energy rating and Eastmount has A3 energy rating.

hi, Congrats that you're much ahead in the queue. Did you check out the site plan and have any preferences for 485K house numbers? I am standing few spots behind you so wasnt sure which one to look for... any suggestions are welcome.

• Advertisement

So did anyone else get a booking? We're appointment number 13 despite calling the second we got the email. Still very sketchy on the details though. Couldn't even give basic information on the development

I am few spots behind you. True, there is no information of house numbers, plan etc. have you shortlisted your preferred houses as you're very much ahead in the queue. thanks

runtastic wrote: »
    I am few spots behind you. True, there is no information of house numbers, plan etc. have you shortlisted your preferred houses as you're very much ahead in the queue. thanks

We're interested in the Raleigh. We've been told that of these 4-11 and 44-49 will be available. Both undesirable aspects for back garden but we're hoping to figure out which has the best chance of getting sun when we're up there on Saturday.

The real thing of interest to us as well is how converted the attic is going to be. If it's fully converted then I could just about swallow the 485k tag. If it's just a stairs and some basic flooring that would be very disappointing, especially since they are now including the attic floor space in the brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mccartas

We're interested in the Raleigh. We've been told that of these 4-11 and 44-49 will be available. Both undesirable aspects for back garden but we're hoping to figure out which has the best chance of getting sun when we're up there on Saturday.

The real thing of interest to us as well is how converted the attic is going to be. If it's fully converted then I could just about swallow the 485k tag. If it's just a stairs and some basic flooring that would be very disappointing, especially since they are now including the attic floor space in the brochure.

The attic space in The Raleigh isn't fully converted. It is just basic flooring and staircase.

mccartas wrote: »
    The attic space in The Raleigh isn't fully converted. It is just basic flooring and staircase.

Hmm that's a bit cheeky then as they are now advertising it as a 142m² home. If it's not fully converted then it's not living space and shouldn't be advertised as so. In the first phase they were very clear to say it was 115m² with a floored attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

A couple of points to consider before assuming the floored attic space can be 'converted' into a 4th bedroom:

- For the room to be considered habitable under building regulations, more than 50% of it must have a ceiling height of 2.2metres
    - For the attic room to comply with regulations, the internal doors on the ground and the first floor usually have to be upgraded to fire rated standards at an extra cost
    - The fire alarm in the kitchen should be linked to the one in the attic, as it may not be audible from in the new attic room with the heavier fire rated doors on all landings & hallways

If you search for the 'Loft Conversion Leaflet' issued by the Department of Environment, it really gives good practical advice on the legality's around habitable attic rooms and loft conversions. A must read.

All of the above may have been factored into the build by the developer already and there may be no issue, but certainly something you should be checking / asking about at your viewings and before assuming you can throw a bed into and away you go. Of course there is nothing stopping anyone doing this, but likely to fall foul of your house insurance policy if God forbit, anything went wrong.

Always best to get professional advice from architect / engineer / surveyor before taking sales pitch advice or taking a sales brochure at face value.

Bawnboylad wrote: »
    A couple of points to consider before assuming the floored attic space can be 'converted' into a 4th bedroom:

- For the room to be considered habitable under building regulations, more than 50% of it must have a ceiling height of 2.2metres
    - For the attic room to comply with regulations, the internal doors on the ground and the first floor usually have to be upgraded to fire rated standards at an extra cost
    - The fire alarm in the kitchen should be linked to the one in the attic, as it may not be audible from in the new attic room with the heavier fire rated doors on all landings & hallways

If you search for the 'Loft Conversion Leaflet' issued by the Department of Environment, it really gives good practical advice on the legality's around habitable attic rooms and loft conversions. A must read.

All of the above may have been factored into the build by the developer already and there may be no issue, but certainly something you should be checking / asking about at your viewings and before assuming you can throw a bed into and away you go. Of course there is nothing stopping anyone doing this, but likely to fall foul of your house insurance policy if God forbit, anything went wrong.

Always best to get professional advice from architect / engineer / surveyor before taking sales pitch advice or taking a sales brochure at face value.

I think they are fully convertible, as these houses are the exact same as the ones they sold in Seagreen, where the majority were sold as 4 beds. In later Seagreen phases, they started selling them as the 3 beds + semi-done attic.

I would expect that everything is there ready for a conversion to go.

mccartas wrote: »
    What else is missing? What else is needed? Practically, because formal certification is another matter. I guess you can use it as a bedroom anyway, can't you?

What else is missing? What else is needed? Practically, because formal certification is another matter. I guess you can use it as a bedroom anyway, can't you?

Windows would be one thing. Plastered walls another?

So there won't be any windows or walls provided in the Raleigh?

So there won't be any windows or walls provided in the Raleigh?

I don't know, they haven't released any details. But that is one scenario of what a non fully converted attic could look like. So far the only confirmed parts are the stairs and flooring.

• Advertisement

The site also seems to have a big level difference. Some planning drawings (sections) show a high retaining running N-S in the middle, but plans don't really. i hope it won't affect suddenly some gardens or parking spaces.

The site also seems to have a big level difference. Some planning drawings (sections) show a high retaining running N-S in the middle, but plans don't really. i hope it won't affect suddenly some gardens or parking spaces.

I asked them if any houses has sea-view , the response was we will tell you everything on Saturday :(
    When asked about houses with South or west gardens, they said we dont know when that will be launched.. the agents are not very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mgld

They seem to have updated the floor plans in the newest pdf version of the brochure (but not the website yet). The Raleigh now shows 2 options with a fully converted loft (with walls, windows and an ensuite in option B). Seems just like the Seagreen Gate showhouse, but the Churchlands version now also has a hot press off the landing on the 1st floor.

I don't know, they haven't released any details. But that is one scenario of what a non fully converted attic could look like. So far the only confirmed parts are the stairs and flooring.

There will be walls and a door at the top of the stairs, but it'll be just one big open space. There'll be no wall to create a separate en-suite, and there'll be no wall in the space where the attic storage space goes if you ever do make it into a bedroom.

There'll also be no window.

There is an app called Sun Position and you can put any date of the year into it, then you point the screen at the sky to see where the sun's path goes relative to the site. It might be handy to figure out the aspects?

Here is the new brochure with the floor plans (the link seemed to arrive in a second separate email after the initial announcement).

The new specification now mentions that either a heat pump or gas-fired plus solar will be possible.

I was just told that there will be two fixed options: Type A without a bathroom at the attic, with gas heating, less items included - for around 485+ and type B will be higher spec, heat pumps, en-suite attic with prices above 500k.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Looking at the above brochure you could be forgiven for thinking that this development is in Delgany village. I actually like the prefer the location it is in but obviously the marketing people think differently :)

I was just told that there will be two fixed options: Type A without a bathroom at the attic, with gas heating, less items included - for around 485+ and type B will be higher spec, heat pumps, en-suite attic with prices above 500k.

can you kindly clarify 485+ ? the email says 485K for Releigh. i didnt understand 485+ and 500+? is there more in between the lines?

• Advertisement

Starting from 485. The agent said Type A 485k (I think he also said it might be a bit more depending on which location within the site). Type B has more included so he said at least 25k more. I am not sure if it has been decided which houses are Type A and which Type B or if you can choose the "finish" type.

Advertisement