Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The touch/mobile site for Boards isn't working, so now I have to use desktop mode and squint my eyes trying to read threads. I know I can zoom in, but it doesn't work very well in portrait mode, constantly having to scan the posts with my finger to even read anything.

It's more hassle than it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The touch/mobile site for Boards isn't working, so now I have to use desktop mode and squint my eyes trying to read threads. I know I can zoom in, but it doesn't work very well in portrait mode, constantly having to scan the posts with my finger to even read anything.

It's more hassle than it should be.

The whole boards situation is gone completely to shîte.
    All started with cloudflare a couple of years back and has never been consistently good since.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TA that this thread is morphing into consumer issues thread :p
    But I digress, The Batcave tas me. How did Bruce Wayne get all that heavy machinery and computers etc into the batcave and get it all set up on his own? You would need a team of workmen with a crane for just the batmobile's lazy susan for a start.
    Who did his wiring for him? He would need a whole crew of sparks. Does Gotham Electric not think it is weird that he is using huge amounts of energy?

Who maintains and updates all his machinery, bat computer and electrics and the batmobile, batcopter etc?
    Who installed the secret bookcase door and fireman's poles to slide into the batcave? Sure batman would be out all night fighting crime and sleeping all day, when would he get time to do all that?

Auld Alfred is kept busy cleaning, cooking and maintaining a massive mansion single handed so he would be no help there, and Aunt Harriet hasn't a clue what is going on as Bruce keeps her in the dark.

Tradesmen like to talk about interesting jobs they have done, and installing a whopping great lazy susan or supercomputer in a huge cave in the middle of nowhere would certainly class as interesting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

He has all of them committed to Arkham.

Another Batman ta, he has virtually unlimited funds so why doesn't he invest it in opening Foroige clubs, youth sports clubs, after school and breakfast clubs for youngsters in Gotham and things like that to help nip crime in the bud, sort of dig it out root and branch before it gets started, instead of just going out every night and punching criminals in the face?

• Advertisement

People who put L or N plates in the wrong place on their car is a bugbear of mine. Also when they put them on the outside so they get weathered and the red L or N vanishes and they are driving around with a blank square :mad:

Well, this morning I saw a real hum-dinger: a saloon with the front L plate flat on the bonnet and the back one flat on the boot making them invisible to other drivers :confused:
    If you are too stupid to put them up right then you are too stupid to be in control of a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Leaving cupboard doors or drawers half open.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Leaving cupboard doors or drawers half open.
    I'm very guilty of that!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm very guilty of that!

So am I :( totally unintentionally, but the amount of times I've walked back into the kitchen to the scene from sixth sense is unbelievable..... Maybe I have a ghost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The 503’s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

A lad said to me he hopes Aston Villa get relagated as Jack Grealish is playing with them..
    I said "What about Conor Hourihan ? "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

A bit more than trivial,but my behaviour at times.I can be a right prick and a stupid one at that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So am I :( totally unintentionally, but the amount of times I've walked back into the kitchen to the scene from sixth sense is unbelievable..... Maybe I have a ghost :)

Have noticed chairs on top of the tables as well upside down?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A quirky ta but opening my packet of bistro crisps packet upside down, hate when I do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A quirky ta but opening my packet of bistro crisps packet upside down, hate when I do that.

No point even eating them.

Hand them over to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Have noticed chairs on top of the tables as well upside down?

In my house anything is entirely possible.... I'm not known for being a domestic goddess /princess :D

Ta'd at having a doctor's appointment today , hate going to the doctor ☹️

Also ta'd at fella mods trying to trick me into giving them my fancy bistro crisps 🤣😛

In my house anything is entirely possible.... I'm not known for being a domestic goddess /pwincess:D

Fixed that for ya 😛 also sounds like you have poltergeist 👻

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

How Americans, and perhaps Canadians, pronounce the name Craig.

Cregg.

Not awesome, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

A few people at work have the awful bad habit of staring.
    At best it's bad manners, at worst its a bit aggro.

One lad is staring at me like I'm his long lost Dad.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Must be because of Your Face. :pac:

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA checking my bank account today..what the fuuck, how the fuuck...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My TA is how unfit that I am.

Did my first spinning class today and my legs are gone to jelly. It took some amount of effort on my part to dismount the bike, do the warm down exercises and walk to the car without my legs collapsing from under me.

Another TA is the thought of the world of pain that I'll be in tomorrow :eek: :(

My TA is how unfit that I am.

Did my first spinning class today and my legs are gone to jelly. It took some amount of effort on my part to dismount the bike, do the warm down exercises and walk to the car without my legs collapsing from under me.

Another TA is the thought of the world of pain that I'll be in tomorrow :eek: :(
    No pain, no gain Shel.
    Put this song on your phone for the next session and you will fly it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

No pain, no gain Shel.
    Put this song on your phone for the next session and you will fly it :cool:

Ah stop, I have another class during the week and I don't know how I'll manage to do it. All I want to do is to curl up in the fetal position and feel sorry for myself but that's not going to happen considering I can barely take my shoes and socks off :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

KungPao wrote: »
    How Americans, and perhaps Canadians, pronounce the name Craig.

Cregg.

Not awesome, dude.

And Graham as Gram

Ah stop, I have another class during the week and I don't know how I'll manage to do it. All I want to do is to curl up in the fetal position and feel sorry for myself but that's not going to happen considering I can barely take my shoes and socks off :o:D

Wear sandals. Sorted.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    And Graham as Gram
    And herbs as uurbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

And herbs as uurbs.

And Ireland as I r land...

Sorry to carp on, but I have another Batman ta (last one I swear).
    How hard would it be for people Gothamites to work out his idendity.

-He can't have a gf, wife or kids because he's out all night every night. He doesn't work a steady job for the same reason.

- He must be seriously loaded to afford all the gadgets and gizmos, batmobile, batcopter etc.
    - Vigilantes have usually been the victims of crime.
    - Most likely a loner.

Think it over, Bruce Wayne is Gotham City's richest bachelor and weren't his parents gunned down in font of him as a child? Now that you mention it he is a notorious loner who is rarely seen in public. Height and body type are a match.

The dogs in the street could work it out.

• Advertisement

But you see, we only know that Batman works in Gotham, not that he lives there. Gotham is supposed to be New York (ish), how many men would match his build? Also, nobody said Batman pays for his own gadgets, maybe there's someone sponsoring him.

Not so easy now, is it? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement