Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Porklife wrote: »
    You know what...**** this...I'm going back in. It's a ****ing disgrace speaking to a customer like that. I have a hair appointment now and will head in afterwards looking fabulous!
    I'll let you guys know how I get on. Thanks for being so supportive.... group hug:)

You should say you were going to buy 2 sets, one for the guest room too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's horrible on so many levels:(
    I am seriously tempted to go back in and ask to speak to the manager. It's not like I'm some jumped up scobe with a needle hanging out of my arm who's gonna use the sheets to shoot up!

TA that I didn't say something to her at the time. Thus will wreck my head now ಠ,_」ಠ

I remember being with my mum years ago. It was a shop that has since closed (think it lasted a year). It was one of those interior type shops that were all the rage pre recession. Bare in mind this was in a rural town also.
    My mum and I are country stock but decent and average looking ladies! We're not riff raff nor are we horsey type so I'd say your big standard customer you'd expect in a rural town where the shop was located.
    Like that story, mum enquired about throws for the sofas. Picked them up, asked had they any more.
    Me wan in the shop said yes but they're expensive. She then back pedalled saying something about she didn't want to infer that we'd mind them being expensive.
    I was thinking in my mind, you're some dumb sales assistant (I'd actually say she was the owner probably because those small shops are usually run by the owner) to sell something you perceive as expensive and then try to dissuade customers from buying.
    I can't actually remember if my mum bought them but I thought the b*tch was so rude. I'm older now, I'd probably have put her in her place if it happened today. Hehe.

To thine own self be true

You know what...**** this...I'm going back in. It's a ****ing disgrace speaking to a customer like that. I have a hair appointment now and will head in afterwards looking fabulous!
    I'll let you guys know how I get on. Thanks for being so supportive.... group hug:)
    You go girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

You go girl :)

I'm generally very assertive and feisty, I don't take **** from anyone but today I think I was so taken aback that I needed to process it. Incredulous in this day and age to speak to a customer like that. Funny thing is I genuinely would have bought them regardless of price.
    I have insomnia and will do whatever it takes for a good night's sleep.
    I just know that this will keep replaying in my mind if I don't address it.
    Almost looking forward to it now ðŸ˜႒

I'm generally very assertive and feisty, I don't take **** from anyone but today I think I was so taken aback that I needed to process it. Incredulous in this day and age to speak to a customer like that. Funny thing is I genuinely would have bought them regardless of price.
    I have insomnia and will do whatever it takes for a good night's sleep.
    I just know that this will keep replaying in my mind if I don't address it.
    Almost looking forward to it now ðŸ˜႒

I'm scared for that woman now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What are “trinity shoes”?

Those poncey Dubarry Admiral “dubes” shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,163 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm scared for that woman now :D

I can see the headline now:

Badly mauled brown thomas sales assistant just keeps repeating "800 thread count"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Those poncey Dubarry Admiral “dubes” shoes?

Nothing “poncey” about a nice pair of Dubarry Admiral or Sebago Docksides, R.

Nothing exclusively “Trinity” about them either, would have been fairly common in UCD as well.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭Be right back

Antares35 wrote: »
    You should go back in with 800 thread count sheets from another shop and do the whole "you work on commission" thing on her!

Big mistake, big. Huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Nothing “poncey” about a nice pair of Dubarry Admiral or Sebago Docksides, R.

Nothing exclusively “Trinity” about them either, would have been fairly common in UCD as well.

Touched a nerve, Emmet? :)

I’ll admit I wore them at one stage. One my regrets in life.

• Advertisement

I can see the headline now:

Badly mauled brown thomas sales assistant just keeps repeating "800 thread count"

.. rocking back and forth in the corner by the cash register...a ghostly shade of pale..800 thread count.. 800 thread count..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is actually more than a TA upon reflection. I was in Brown Thomas on my lunch break looking to buy high thread count sheets which are really expensive but I see them as an investment. Sleep is so important.
    Anyway, I ask the lady do they have any sheets with 800 thread count and she looks me up and down and says "well yes but they're very expensive".
    What am I, Julia Roberts?!
    I was actually so shocked I just shook my head and walked off but I almost feel like going back in and asking her why she felt the need to belittle me the stupid stuck up bint ಠ,_」ಠ
    That's horrible on so many levels:(
    I am seriously tempted to go back in and ask to speak to the manager. It's not like I'm some jumped up scobe with a needle hanging out of my arm who's gonna use the sheets to shoot up!

TA that I didn't say something to her at the time. Thus will wreck my head now ಠ,_」ಠ
    See, I'd be a total bitch, after that. I'd buy them elsewhere, go back with them still in the bag from the other shop, then ask that woman to be shown those sheets again. I'd insist if necessary. She would have to. Then, after having seen them, I'd say "Shame you didn't show these to me when I asked you the other day, I ended up buying them elsewhere. That should teach you never to judge a book by its cover - for instance, you look like a nice person". Then I'd turn around and leave.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Feisar wrote: »
    A refund from amazon for an undelivered parcel. I checked the tracking and it said "delivery not attempted due to damaged parcel"

Reason for refund on email: customer return.

Don't know why it annoys me so much!!!

It's the lies!!!

New Home wrote: »
    See, I'd be a total bitch, after that. I'd buy them elsewhere, go back with them still in the bag from the other shop, then ask that woman to be shown those sheets again. I'd insist if necessary. She would have to. Then, after having seen them, I'd say "Shame you didn't show these to me when I asked you the other day, I ended up buying them elsewhere. That should teach you never to judge a book by its cover - for instance, you look like a nice person". Then I'd turn around and leave.

Oohhh I like it...*rubs hands deviously*
    That's a really good line and rare that you'd get to use it but today, after learning it just five minutes ago, I finally get to use it :)

Ta that I can't nip in for a pint of Dutch courage before going Norman Bates on her ass!

Doubt she'd even remember you tbh

.. rocking back and forth in the corner by the cash register...a ghostly shade of pale..800 thread count.. 800 thread count..

Gardai are looking for a suspect described as sporting a fresh blow dry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oohhh I like it...*rubs hands deviously*
    That's a really good line and rare that you'd get to use it but today, after learning it just five minutes ago, I finally get to use it :)

Ta that I can't nip in for a pint of Dutch courage before going Norman Bates on her ass!

Have it after instead, it will taste sweeter!

Gardai are looking for a suspect described as sporting a fresh blow dry.

...and a blonde bob. May anwer to the name Karen :D

Doubt she'd even remember you tbh

She will after that. :cool:

TA that I'm still in the hairdressers and BT closed at 7.
    Well, just gives me more time to work myself up and get even angrier. Hope that bitch is working tomorrow cos I've got some ass kicking to do!

TA that I'm still in the hairdressers and BT closed at 7.
    Well, just gives me more time to work myself up and get even angrier. Hope that bitch is working tomorrow cos I've got some ass kicking to do!

I'm going to do a decade of the rosary for the craytur tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Celebrities and the people who go ga ga over them.
    They say we aren't religious any more but I beg to differ: we have merely swapped Zeus, Jesus and Osiris for actors, pop stars and reality stars.
    Two good examples would be the Johnny Depp and his wife thing, I heard too women going on about it for ages like it was someone on their street they were taliking about..WHO GIVES A ****!
    Matt Damon in Ireland was another one: Look! It's matt Damon carring a Supervalu bag :eek::eek::eek:. He's just like us mere mortals.
    Then people trying to guess what he has in his bag :mad:
    Celeb culture stinks, and don't get me started on no talent twats like the Kardashiandroids, Chelsea and Essex pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

This is actually more than a TA upon reflection. I was in Brown Thomas on my lunch break looking to buy high thread count sheets which are really expensive but I see them as an investment. Sleep is so important.
    Anyway, I ask the lady do they have any sheets with 800 thread count and she looks me up and down and says "well yes but they're very expensive".
    What am I, Julia Roberts?!
    I was actually so shocked I just shook my head and walked off but I almost feel like going back in and asking her why she felt the need to belittle me the stupid stuck up bint ಠ,_」ಠ

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29m8t7gdb2vsz94q7fchyoedh56d8oy77x7qzad2ow&rid=giphy.gif

Sorry if that gif was posted already but that sh1te sickens me... :mad:
    Reminds me of the time a stuck-up cow of a customer asked me for advice and was very quick to interrupt and ask was there no one else working to advise her... :rolleyes:

Department manager came up anyway and recommended the very same thing that I had suggested :) ..... Her face....

Celebrities and the people who go ga ga over them.
    They say we aren't religious any more but I beg to differ: we have merely swapped Zeus, Jesus and Osiris for actors, pop stars and reality stars.
    Two good examples would be the Johnny Depp and his wife thing, I heard too women going on about it for ages like it was someone on their street they were taliking about..WHO GIVES A ****!
    Matt Damon in Ireland was another one: Look! It's matt Damon carring a Supervalu bag :eek::eek::eek:. He's just like us mere mortals.
    Then people trying to guess what he has in his bag :mad:
    Celeb culture stinks, and don't get me started on no talent twats like the Kardashiandroids, Chelsea and Essex pricks.

That's why I was so chuffed for Rosanna Davison and get husband this week with their baby news. Yes they're beautiful and not short of money but unlike the fame wh*res on social media, they're actually very down to earth people. She spoke so honestly about their journey to parenthood and the heartache of 14 miscarriages. Now they're pregnant with twins after using a surrogate for their first baby.
    Take at look at the Instagram pages of former Love Island 'celebrities'. I follow a few just to enjoy cringing at them. Posting videos of lip pouting, ass twerking, hair flicking etc etc. Shallow cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The office bragger

Hours in the office are long for me the past few months, 10-11 hour days with 30 minute lunch breaks but I get overtime so all ok. I am glad to be working of course and every minute I work is logged.

A senior manager was hired in a temporary contract for a few weeks to help write procedures. He is leaving next week to take up a new job. He was to be with us 3-4 weeks at most on a temporary contract.

My TA is the bragging
    - Travelled the world, telling me about 5 star hotels and business class flights
    - Buddies with Sheiks and Arab royal families.
    - Has the ability to get Formula One drivers into Bahrain nightclubs
    - Met Diego Maradona, chatted up Beyonce and other celebrities
    - Drove the Sheiks personal cars like a Buggati at close to 400km per hour
    - Billionaires begging him to spend weekends on yachts
    - Earning 300k a year in a PAYE job last year he tells me but you are a temp contract in our lowly office :confused:

Now the guy is senior like head of department level and no doubt is on good money. I also believe he did indeed do a lot of travelling but this level of bragging is ridiculous and only intends to big himself up and make the listener feel like a loser

If I said NASA was sending me to the moon I think he would tell me he would be the 1st man on Mars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

American food blogs. You go and search for a recipe, and click on a link to visit a site. There you get their life story; how they discovered the recipe, and what they want their kids to do in college. Finally you scroll down through 20000 words to get to the recipe, and discover they are using the preposterous imperial and cup system.

Grinds my gears.

American food blogs. You go and search for a recipe, and click on a link to visit a site. There you get their life story; how they discovered the recipe, and what they want their kids to do in college. Finally you scroll down through 20000 words to get to the recipe, and discover they are using the preposterous imperial and cup system.

Grinds my gears.
    And instructional videos on youtube. something that you can demonstrate in 30 seconds, they will draw it out to a 5 or 10 minute video. Those yanks sure love to yak.

Pon my soul! I am wrecked. I need a tonic as my Ma used say.
    tenor.gif?itemid=16460076

The heartache of 14 miscarriages

Jesus... how can anyone survive such loss... :(:(:(:(:(
    mikemac2 wrote: »
    The office bragger

Anyway, does ALL that make him a nice person? Not likely, by the sound of it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=16460076

You're very cute, Purple Tin. Nay, adorable! :)

You're very cute, Purple Tin. Nay, adorable! :)

Oh, you :o
    tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Now not so much. :D Must have been an accidental good picture. :pac: :pac: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement