Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Jammyd wrote: »
    not new business opening but wondering are all stores in the Blanch retail parks back open TkMaxx, Homesense etc, nothing on their websites or Blanchardstowns website either, they are slow with updates.

TK Maxx was not open on Monday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Mother care is now gone. notice up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mother care is now gone. notice up

All Irish branches gone, UK parent branches went some months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

New takeaway going into the unit beside Taro in Ongar, called Shangri-La.

Business registered at start of June, would be interesting to know the owner history
    https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Shangri-La-Asian-Takeaway-Limited-671534

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Polar101

ongarite wrote: »
    New takeaway going into the unit beside Taro in Ongar, called Shangri-La.

Seems to be open already.

Wasn't it called Shangri-La at some point the past already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Polar101 wrote: »
    Seems to be open already.

Wasn't it called Shangri-La at some point the past already?

Maybe you're thinking of Swords Garden? That was the name a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There definitely was a Shangri-la before, or was it in Tyrellstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

There wasn't a Shangri-La in Tyrellstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Deffo has been something like a shangri la around somewhere. Maybe castleknock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭budgemook

There was a Shangri La in Stoneybatter and they moved to above Commiskey's on Blackhorse Avenue just before the pandemic.

• Advertisement

Just came home to a menu for Shangri La in the letterbox. Looks like a good variety, prices seem competitive enough.

^^Anyone tried Shangri La yet? What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

A barbers has opened in the unit D15 nails, between the rolselawn newsagents and the hairdressers. They have partitioned thee nail salon and split it in two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Polar101

Signs are up for the new Romayo diner in Ongar, looks fairly big. I guess it's going to be similar to the one in Clonsilla, but bigger? No idea of opening date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gym + Coffee saying they're opening a new store tomorrow but the location won't be revealed until then. I'm guessing it's in Blanch SC as I saw "opening soon" signs for this store on one of the units by Easons a while back.

https://gympluscoffee.com/blogs/community/new-store-alert

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There has been signage for Gym + Coffee up since about March/April in the unit that was Warehouse on Level 2 in the shopping centre.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Gym + Coffee saying they're opening a new store tomorrow but the location won't be revealed until then. I'm guessing it's in Blanch SC as I saw "opening soon" signs for this store on one of the units by Easons a while back.

https://gympluscoffee.com/blogs/community/new-store-alert

I was wrong about above. It was an outlet in Kildare Village that opened!

In separate news, Romayos opened their new diner and pizzeria in Ongar yesterday. Methinks a stroll over for taco fries is on the cards this weekend!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Romayos seem busy enough yesterday evening fairly big place will put other burger pace under a bit of pressure I would think hopefully both will do ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Romayos seem busy enough yesterday evening fairly big place will put other burger pace under a bit of pressure I would think hopefully both will do ok .

Romayo’s, home of the blandest chips in the world. I honestly believe they buy their spuds from Smurfits.

Tried out their new Ongar outlet today. It's really modern and professional looking and gives a bit of life to the square. Lots of seating too. Was busy at 9pm when I visited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tried out their new Ongar outlet today. It's really modern and professional looking and gives a bit of life to the square. Lots of seating too. Was busy at 9pm when I visited.

Probably mentioned already but the new burger place next to the pub in Ongar is excellent.

https://burgerstore.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Nalz wrote: »
    Probably mentioned already but the new burger place next to the pub in Ongar is excellent.

https://burgerstore.ie/

Really like the look of those burgers. Will definitely check these out.

Love the way they’ve done the menu with the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Really like the look of those burgers. Will definitely check these out.

I enjoyed the breakfast burger. Chips are decent too. Wings are good also. Didn't have the milkshake but my mate says they're yum.

I’d like to see a nicer chicken option than wings but still going to try them out very soon. Guinness burger looks the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Love the way they’ve done the menu with the photos.

Be better if the pics matched the descriptions. Take the three chicken burgers as an example.

Looking at the pics you have a burger patty formed from chicken mush, a grilled fillet nicked from Nando's and the third one doesn't look like any chicken product I've ever seen before.

Description for all three says "Breaded Chicken Filet". Go figure...

Waitress who cut little finger while polishing glass awarded €50,000 https://jrnl.ie/5156033

I wonder did this contribute to Ravellos Italian restaurant in Clonsilla closing down...seems like a ridiculously huge compensation!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Waitress who cut little finger while polishing glass awarded €50,000 https://jrnl.ie/5156033

I wonder did this contribute to Ravellos Italian restaurant in Clonsilla closing down...seems like a ridiculously huge compensation!

Their insurance will pay the compensation although it's likely the general increases in premiums may have been a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Spice of India Clonsilla has had a major interior upgrade. I see they put a new door on too. It's flooded with light and way more inviting now. Was there the other night and food as fanastic as ever. Very happy to have a great Indian restaurant in the area. The management appear to be listening to feedback too (though the manager could be a bit more engaging!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Lovely restaurant.

Advertisement