Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,815 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

miamee wrote: »
    Looks like Gym+Coffee are taking over the Warehouse unit on the first floor in the shopping centre, passed by earlier and the signage is up to say it's coming soon. That was quick!

I'll believe that when I see it. Bank underwritings of investments are being pulled like a busy night in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'll believe that when I see it. Bank underwritings of investments are being pulled like a busy night in Amsterdam.

I would have been open already if not for the lock down.
    It was on their social media page that I was about to open on 7th April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I never heard of them before but had a look on their website. Some of their gear looks nice but the name and logo is ridiculous so I wouldn't be buying anything with that highly visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Cu Chullains in Ongar Village is also open for takeaway food and some drink at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I never heard of them before but had a look on their website. Some of their gear looks nice but the name and logo is ridiculous so I wouldn't be buying anything with that highly visible.

So I take it, you won’t be taking up the urge to “make your life richer” by becoming part of their “community”?
    Sounds more like a quasi cult, are people actually gullible enough to actually buy into this type of marketing rubbish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Can't see how it's any different than people wearing clothing with Nike, Puma, Diesel, Jack & Jones etc all over them. It's all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Cu Chullains in Ongar Village is also open for takeaway food and some drink at the weekend.

What does this mean?
    Is it open as a pub? Or for takeaway drinks?

Dollard & Co New York style pizza is open for delivery & takeaway at Captain America's in the center.

Just ordered a 12" pizza & a slice for delivery.
    The slice was huge. Probably twice a normal slice.

Great pizza altogether. So so much better than Domino's and Pizza Hut cr*p.

My only problem was that they put the sauce & chili oil (extra option) in the pizza box. And since the pizza was so hot it softened & distorted the plastic so the plastic top came off & sauce & oil spilled on pizza & box.
    Request that they provide the sauce in a separate bag rather than the box.

Other than that, almost as good as Dollard & Co in town.
    €15.95 for a full pizza & €5.95 for a (huge) slice.

This is my go to place for the moment until I get my pizza oven delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

I have it on v good authority that the chef diner in Ongar is now permanently closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

wandererz wrote: »
    What does this mean?
    Is it open as a pub? Or for takeaway drinks?

Open for take away food definitely. Not sure if you can get drinks to take away.

• Advertisement

Open for take away food definitely. Not sure if you can get drinks to take away.

You can.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    You can.
    So 4 pints of the black stuff in plastic cups would not be an unreasonable ask?

I wonder if places are still getting keg deliveries from Guiness or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I have it on v good authority that the chef diner in Ongar is now permanently closed

Current circumstances notwithstanding, that unit seems to be the kiss of death for whatever opens there :( Is Taro still trading?

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Current circumstances notwithstanding, that unit seems to be the kiss of death for whatever opens there :( Is Taro still trading?

Taro are open for deliveries only at this time but as far as I know, they are unaffected by the closure of the Diner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Is that the place with all the metal bars on the window? At the back of the carpark? I used to use it before swords garden opened and only recently used again and it was visually grim and the food was poor, so much so I was surprised I wasn't sick from the bit I ate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Wonder why Chippers seem to fail in ongar must be rents too steep for level of buiness .Don't think the non nationals seem to use them much and Ongar seems about 70% non Irish .

Phil.x wrote: »
    Is that the place with all the metal bars on the window? At the back of the carpark? I used to use it before swords garden opened and only recently used again and it was visually grim and the food was poor, so much so I was surprised I wasn't sick from the bit I ate.

No, I think they are two slightly diffferent branches of the same franchise, run by the same people afaik. The one behind Dunnes is still open and I think the bars are to try to prevent any more break-ins :(

Diner is the old Swords Garden beside Taro and Rendezvouz cafe.

No, I think they are two slightly diffferent branches of the same franchise, run by the same people afaik. The one behind Dunnes is still open and I think the bars are to try to prevent any more break-ins :(

Diner is the old Swords Garden beside Taro and Rendezvouz cafe.

Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

The Burger Store is Ongar is now open.

ongarite wrote: »
    The Burger Store is Ongar is now open.

where is it exactly?

• Advertisement

where is it exactly?

North Street, Ongar Village.

where is it exactly?

To the right of the pub.

bought a box of chips for 4.50 which were ok but think price of most burgers @ 10.50 might struggle in ongar especically with the diner opening down the far end soon chippers have poor survival rate in ongar .

bought a box of chips for 4.50 which were ok but think price of most burgers @ 10.50 might struggle in ongar especically with the diner opening down the far end soon chippers have poor survival rate in ongar .

Wow expensive.

Probably should have mentioned chips come with burger so maby if food is good not that bad I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Farmer Browns open in Junction 6 for collection/delivery. I am presuming this is a temp thing for Covid but great to see them in the area. Very nice food so be good to see how it goes for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Probably should have mentioned chips come with burger so maby if food is good not that bad I suppose.

Totally confused by your posts
    Can you tell us what’s what?

The burger store in Ongar charge €10 .50 for almost all of their burgers with chips .I thought the chips were extra so I thought it was a bit dear at first but maby ok if the food is good .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Not a new business but Roselawn hardware is back up and running if anyone didn't want to run the gauntlet of woodies up at Blanch.

Small place but very nice owners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

quazzy wrote: »
    Not a new business but Roselawn hardware is back up and running if anyone didn't want to run the gauntlet of woodies up at Blanch.

Small place but very nice owners

Gave me attitude and refused to put up a poster for a youth service hiking club but then was OK to plaster with counter with local GAA lotto etc posters

Advertisement