Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Glad to see that Rendezvous coffee house in Ongar has reopened for take away / order and collect. A great spot. Lovely java.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

LizT wrote: »
    You probably already know this but Bujo have made a ‘bujo at home’ kit to make their burgers, they deliver all over Dublin.

Thanks! Saw that and considered it but there's only two of us and the freezer is jammed so we'll just wait until they're open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Glad to see that Rendezvous coffee house in Ongar has reopened for take away / order and collect. A great spot. Lovely java.

Has the Chinese on the corner closed, Its gone downhill since swords garden went. I wonder will the new building house a good Chinese or Asian type food outlet.

Phil.x wrote: »
    Has the Chinese on the corner closed, Its gone downhill since swords garden went. I wonder will the new building house a good Chinese or Asian type food outlet.

I haven't seen the Asian take away open in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Elephant & Castle, Wow Burger & Dollard & Co. pizza are all listed on Just Eat & Deliveroo with an address at Captain America's in the centre. Hopefully it's not just temporary.

So I can order elephant chicken wings for delivery in castleknock? I have asked them in the restaurant a few times for take away but they never oblige, this would be excellent.

Edit. Just on JE and none of these restaurants are coming up for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'd say they've been hammered with orders because it took well over an hour for our Dollard order to be delivered last night. Elephant and Castle has never appeared on Just Eat or Deliveroo for me but if you google 'Elephant and Castle Blanchardstown' it comes up as closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

It's only closed due to Covid19. The one around the corner behind Dunnes are sorting all the orders from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Seve OB wrote: »
    So I can order elephant chicken wings for delivery in castleknock? I have asked them in the restaurant a few times for take away but they never oblige, this would be excellent.

Elephant and Castle Blanchardstown is on uber eats for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Nolimits wrote: »
    Elephant and Castle Blanchardstown is on uber eats for me.

I believe they are working out of Captain Americas Kitchen for orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

Seve OB wrote: »

If I check them on Just Eat, they do list Castleknock in the delivery areas. Pretty much everywhere between Dunboyne and Ballymun, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Polar101 wrote: »
    If I check them on Just Eat, they do list Castleknock in the delivery areas. Pretty much everywhere between Dunboyne and Ballymun, actually.

Coming up now. I might give them a go during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

not sure if already mentioned in this thread but Romayos diner is going into the new unit in Ongar village (Ongar Manor) - its in the most recent planning docs submitted to the council - Ongar is literally half takeaways half international food stores - the hope for a nice coffee shop / alternative to the Rendezvous cafe dashed. Although I am a fan of a Romayos now and then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Jammyd wrote: »
    not sure if already mentioned in this thread but Romayos diner is going into the new unit in Ongar village (Ongar Manor) - its in the most recent planning docs submitted to the council - Ongar is literally half takeaways half international food stores - the hope for a nice coffee shop / alternative to the Rendezvous cafe dashed. Although I am a fan of a Romayos now and then:D

I thought as much. While it won't help the waistlines of Ongar, a proper chipper in the area is welcome for the occasional treat. I guess it can open as a takeaway regardless of the pandemic(if they start allowing construction workers to return to work next month to finish off the building)

What was the story with that burger bar next to Cu Chulainns pub in Ongar or did it ever open in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

I was hoping for a coffee shop as well. Rendezvous is okay, but usually when I want to go there, it's either a) packed or b) closed. I don't mind Romayos, but there is a diner in Clonsilla village already.

Not sure what happened with that Burger place saw on this forum it was opening but then nothing happened, I actually assumed it was replacing Powers butchers which shut down around the same time but there doesn’t seem to be any movement (pre Covid from what I could see)

Polar101 wrote: »
    I was hoping for a coffee shop as well. Rendezvous is okay, but usually when I want to go there, it's either a) packed or b) closed. I don't mind Romayos, but there is a diner in Clonsilla village already.

Agree!! As much as i'm not a fan of big coffee chains I kind of hoped it would be an Insomnia / Costa.. there will hopefully be a couple of retail / cafe units on Station rd within the Hansfield village centre (whenever the developers get started - they keep seeking to defer the commercial aspect and build more and more resi developments despite this being against the Hansfield SDZ) planning was granted a year ago but they are dragging there heals and seeking concessions with Fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Agree!! As much as i'm not a fan of big coffee chains I kind of hoped it would be an Insomnia / Costa.. there will hopefully be a couple of retail / cafe units on Station rd within the Hansfield village centre (whenever the developers get started - they keep seeking to defer the commercial aspect and build more and more resi developments despite this being against the Hansfield SDZ) planning was granted a year ago but they are dragging there heals and seeking concessions with Fingal

Definitely not Costa, the bitterest coffee ever, that’s served in a potty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Definitely not Costa, the bitterest coffee ever, that’s served in a potty.

Nah, that's Nero :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not sure what happened with that Burger place saw on this forum it was opening but then nothing happened, I actually assumed it was replacing Powers butchers which shut down around the same time but there doesn’t seem to be any movement (pre Covid from what I could see)

The ethnic food store next to Power's butcher got permission to amalgamate both units into one larger double sized store. Never been in it but the ethnic store(can't recall name) seems very popular as it routinely has queues outside it recently due to the social distancing requirements.

ongarboy wrote: »
    The ethnic food store next to Power's butcher got permission to amalgamate both units into one larger double sized store. Never been in it but the ethnic store(can't recall name) seems very popular as it routinely has queues outside it recently due to the social distancing requirements.

Wow!! Supply and demand , clearly a huge demand for ethnic food stores and takeaways in Ongar. I quite liked Powers but can admit I only used it the odd time opting for Dunnes or Dublin meat co nearby in Coolmine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

ongarboy wrote: »

Grim

• Registered Users Posts: 13,040 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Do these ethnic stores have a name rather than calling them ethnic stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Grim
    Why grim? They do a great range of interesting food you can't get in the regular supermarkets. It's called Umami fwiw

Do these ethnic stores have a name rather than calling them ethnic stores?

There is 3 or 4 of them up there in the village hence the use of the word 'Ethnic' given its a category of store.. semantics anywho

• Registered Users Posts: 13,040 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There is 3 or 4 of them up there in the village hence the use of the word 'Ethnic' given its a category of store.. semantics anywho

How about ... supermarket?

How about ... supermarket?

Or grocery? Or food shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Stupidly they put WOW , Elephant and Castle and Dollard up as separate businesses.
    They are all in the same kitchen , if you could order across that menu that's a serious offer , but separate its too niche for big volumes.

Stupidly they put WOW , Elephant and Castle and Dollard up as separate businesses.
    They are all in the same kitchen , if you could order across that menu that's a serious offer , but separate its too niche for big volumes.

Would have been amazing. I miss LetsEatIn for precisely that reason!

Went looking for Elephant and Castle etc tonight. Could only see Dollard on UberEats and none of the others on JustEat, Deliveroo or UberEats and Captain America's was listed as closed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Looks like Gym+Coffee are taking over the Warehouse unit on the first floor in the shopping centre, passed by earlier and the signage is up to say it's coming soon. That was quick!

Advertisement