Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

raheny red wrote: »

Good to see. Could've added Beechpark to that list also but at least there will be options to grab a coffee while out for a walk in those parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not a new business but a relocation. Taro noodle/sushi bar (my favorite Asian restaurant in D15) has moved to the old Jaipur/Gr8 restaurant at front of Ongar village.

Wishing them well in their move!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

The Bull Shed Grill gone in beside the coffee trailer at the Bell Pub car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

I see new signage for Offbeat Donuts at the shopping centre entrance outside Dunnes groceries, so I'd imagine that will be opening fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

cython wrote: »
    I see new signage for Offbeat Donuts at the shopping centre entrance outside Dunnes groceries, so I'd imagine that will be opening fairly soon.

Fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The new Aldi and Art of Coffee in blanchardstown centre are very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

cython wrote: »

Opening tomorrow morning per their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1099614060061541/posts/3775921172430803/?sfnsn=mo

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wilbury Twist

Goldman Sachs have successfully completed the purchase of Blanchardstown Shopping Centre! Something to think about when you're chewing on the aul Donuts all the same.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1222/1185940-blanchardstown-shopping-centre-sold/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

As far as I know, Supervalue have offered redundancies to staff, it much be aimed towards those who have been there a good while since the super quin days.

• Advertisement

Yet another Asian style restaurant opening in Ongar. Rian Thai (serving Thai and sushi) opening soon in the recently vacated Taro unit opposite Romayos according to sign on window.

Nice to see unit occupied but I'd have preferred something a bit different to the usual Chinese/Thai/Japanese variations of which the village now has 4 within spitting distance from each other! Burritos anyone..??

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

I really really want a boojum out here

Bunsen burger restaurant opening next to Krispy Kreme later this year according to Irish Times.

Blanchardstown Centre primes food offering for post-Covid shopping spree (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/blanchardstown-centre-primes-food-offering-for-post-covid-shopping-spree-1.4498022

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's great news. They must be taking the Esquire Coffee unit next door. They never re-opened after they closed last March as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is the best news of the year so far (OK, after the vaccines, I suppose :D). I'd absolutely kill for a Bunsen, I haven't had one since before the first lockdown. Wow Burger is probably the best of what's available locally, but it's not in the same league as Bunsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

miamee wrote: »
    That's great news. They must be taking the Esquire Coffee unit next door. They never re-opened after they closed last March as far as I know.

God help them, they hardly lasted a year, did they? They opened around the same time KK did.

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    God help them, they hardly lasted a year, did they? They opened around the same time KK did.

Hmm..Esquire's service was shoddy. I gave them 3 chances and each time I was waiting at least 20 minutes for food to arrive at table (straight forward sandwiches or breakfast) having finished my coffee each time before it arrived. I like my food with my beverage. Stopped going after a couple of months. Pity, cos the food and coffee was nice and they had lovely interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ongarboy wrote: »
    Hmm..Esquire's service was shoddy. I gave them 3 chances and each time I was waiting at least 20 minutes for food to arrive at table (straight forward sandwiches or breakfast) having finished my coffee each time before it arrived. I like my food with my beverage. Stopped going after a couple of months. Pity, cos the food and coffee was nice and they had lovely interior.

had similar experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

ongarboy wrote: »

Was about to say the same.

I got a omelette once with no tomatoes and was waiting ages (the GF had almost finished) , say they forgot to not put them in and had to re make it

The one in Navan the complete opposite, so down to management of the branch I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I'll miss Esquires. I have to say any time I went I always got good service, and I liked the food. But I used to go on a Sunday morning to meet some friends for a brunch / brekkie and there was always room so maybe it was better service at that time. I loved the interior and the general cool vibes about the place.

I hope Bunsen is delicious!

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Was about to say the same.

I got a omelette once with no tomatoes and was waiting ages (the GF had almost finished) , say they forgot to not put them in and had to re make it

The one in Navan the complete opposite, so down to management of the branch I'd say

Found the guy running the place to be odd. Like he had no customer service skills at all, in completely wrong job.

Actually witnessed a guy lose the head with him over the level of service and storm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Found the guy running the place to be odd. Like he had no customer service skills at all, in completely wrong job.

Actually witnessed a guy lose the head with him over the level of service and storm out.

Would really make you wonder about Esquires and how they handle their brand, I even sent them feedback about my expeience it was that bad

I watched a show on Dealz/Poundland and when a shop wasnt meeting a set standard then they moved a manager to whip it into shape

Youd think in a prime locaiton and part of a push to have a food quarter, they would go all out to have it be a success :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Bunsen is a great addition to the town centre.

Best burger in Dublin IMO

Is that going to be the queues back on the same levels as KK then? Bunsen in town seem to pride themselves on having a queue outside.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is that going to be the queues back on the same levels as KK then? Bunsen in town seem to pride themselves on having a queue outside.

I don't think it's a case of them priding themselves on having queues, and more a case of their restaurants are generally fairly small.

Zaph wrote: »
    I don't think it's a case of them priding themselves on having queues, and more a case of their restaurants are generally fairly small.

They have no online facility to book a table....their system is dire, you go to the door and give your name and number and they will then reserve a table for you. Maybe they will come up with a better system for the Blanch branch

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I always thought their system was pretty good. You get a notification when your table is ready so I'm not sure what other system could work for what is essentially a fast food restaurant.

They have no online facility to book a table....their system is dire, you go to the door and give your name and number and they will then reserve a table for you. Maybe they will come up with a better system for the Blanch branch

Not sure what the issue is with this system. Plenty of busy restaurants and gastro pubs do this in my experience.

I'd like to be able to make a reservation in advance. Instead, I have to go to the restaurant put my name down and then wait around for 30 mins or so until I get a text.

It would suit me better to go online or call the restaurant, put my name down and then they say they will text me when the table is ready (or give me an actual time at that point). I live less than 5 mins from the restaurant, when the text arrives I can leave my house and go there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

jeffk wrote: »
    Would really make you wonder about Esquires and how they handle their brand, I even sent them feedback about my expeience it was that bad

I watched a show on Dealz/Poundland and when a shop wasnt meeting a set standard then they moved a manager to whip it into shape

Youd think in a prime locaiton and part of a push to have a food quarter, they would go all out to have it be a success :confused:

Esquires is a franchise, Dealz owns/operates all their own stores directly.

A lot harder to control franchisees except by taking the rights off them.

Advertisement