Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see Australian pharmacy chain The Chemist Warehouse has opened in old Laura Ashley unit in Westend Retail Park. Has anyone visited it yet? Are they noticeably cheaper?

https://retailpharmacymagazine.com.au/chemist-warehouse-finds-its-way-to-europe/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see Australian pharmacy chain The Chemist Warehouse has opened in old Laura Ashley unit in Westend Retail Park. Has anyone visited it yet? Are they noticeably cheaper?

https://retailpharmacymagazine.com.au/chemist-warehouse-finds-its-way-to-europe/

Have been in didn't really compare prices. Perfumes and aftershaves seemed to be cheaper than the likes of boots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Haven't been into that one but they were significantly cheaper than other places when I was living in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Supervalue in the village was quite busy and packed today as it was Friday. Does anybody else notice how tight for space the store becomes especially around the tills? Even without the social distancing its a pain in the arse. Ques for the self-checkout and desk going across and down isles just makes it worse considering the times. They need to get rid of two check outs and add two more self checkouts

Some woman had a meltdown at a man who she thought was less than 2m away from her. The woman didn't do herself any favors by not asking the man if he wouldn't mind moving first rather than making a grandiose statement followed by arguing and then shouting for a manager. The man was roughly 2m away from the woman. He had the trolley between them and then some. He was in the queue for the front desk so if he moved back he would be blocking people from passing. He stated the distance was safe which she then childishly questioned his knowledge of what the distance of 2m was. I felt both sorry and embarrassed for her as she was closer to the person Infront of her than the man she was given out to was. :rolleyes: That was the first time Iv seen anything like that through cv19. I suppose it would affect us all in different ways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Supervalue in the village was quite busy and packed today as it was Friday. Does anybody else notice how tight for space the store becomes especially around the tills? Even without the social distancing its a pain in the arse. Ques for the self-checkout and desk going across and down isles just makes it worse considering the times. They need to get rid of two check outs and add two more self checkouts

Some woman had a meltdown at a man who she thought was less than 2m away from her. The woman didn't do herself any favors by not asking the man if he wouldn't mind moving first rather than making a grandiose statement followed by arguing and then shouting for a manager. The man was roughly 2m away from the woman. He had the trolley between them and then some. He was in the queue for the front desk so if he moved back he would be blocking people from passing. He stated the distance was safe which she then childishly questioned his knowledge of what the distance of 2m was. I felt both sorry and embarrassed for her as she was closer to the person Infront of her than the man she was given out to was. :rolleyes: That was the first time Iv seen anything like that through cv19. I suppose it would affect us all in different ways

I was in the same SuperValue yesterday evening, fairly quiet although disappointed that they've removed a lot of stock for Christmas tatt.
    I find SuperValue and Tesco great for the self scanners, fill your bags as you go around, generally no queue at the till and no frantic unloading of the trolley and packing of bags the far side.
    If at all possible I avoid all such shops on a Fri and especially Sat as far too busy for comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Not sure how long they will be there, but Sambolance (an ambulance converted to a food truck) is parked at Coolmine Inn today and tomorrow.

The sambos are American-style, dripping in fat and deliciousness. Tried a cheese steak with slow cooked short rib and a pulled pork, both were unreal. They go from 12 and sold out today in 2 hours so get down early tomorrow if you're interested! The queues were mad earlier, goes to show we could do with a proper lunch place around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Oh, and it's been confirmed that the coffee shop going into the new Lidl unit in Clonsilla will indeed be an Insomnia... There's also a pharmacy and 2 other retail units up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Daeltaja wrote: »
    Oh, and it's been confirmed that the coffee shop going into the new Lidl unit in Clonsilla will indeed be an Insomnia... There's also a pharmacy and 2 other retail units up for grabs.

That's good news. I like Insomnia's coffee. The existing Clonsilla pharmacy won't be impressed with the competition a stone's throw from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

That's good news. I like Insomnia's coffee. The existing Clonsilla pharmacy won't be impressed with the competition a stone's throw from it!

And the Australian one just after opening up in the West End Retail as well.

I honestly think it's a terrible decision. Cannot stand those type of coffee chains.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not sure how long they will be there, but Sambolance (an ambulance converted to a food truck) is parked at Coolmine Inn today and tomorrow.

The sambos are American-style, dripping in fat and deliciousness. Tried a cheese steak with slow cooked short rib and a pulled pork, both were unreal. They go from 12 and sold out today in 2 hours so get down early tomorrow if you're interested! The queues were mad earlier, goes to show we could do with a proper lunch place around here.

Excuse my ignorance but where is Coolmine Inn?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

miamee wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but where is Coolmine Inn?

Presume they mean Clonsilla Inn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

bkeane wrote: »

was in there today, the prices are mad considering the emphasis put on the "bargain" aspect. the stuff I buy is cheaper in the likes of boots and with boots you get the 2for 1 or 3 for 2 deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yes, passed it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

was in there today, the prices are mad considering the emphasis put on the "bargain" aspect. the stuff I buy is cheaper in the likes of boots and with boots you get the 2for 1 or 3 for 2 deals.

Think it's more aimed at prescriptions for the cheap marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Polar101

bkeane wrote: »

What's that called? I don't think I've seen that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

http://chemistwarehouse.ie/
    Polar101 wrote: »
    What's that called? I don't think I've seen that place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

This makes sense, thanks. I was wondering how I'd missed it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I honestly think it's a terrible decision. Cannot stand those type of coffee chains.

Very disappointed to hear it’s a chain. Was hoping it would be a nice one off place with nice fresh made stuff.

Very disappointed to hear it’s a chain. Was hoping it would be a nice one off place with nice fresh made stuff.

Same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

You say that as if someone made a decision of a chain vs an independent coffee shop.
    It was never going to be an independent coffee shop as the footprint (thus rent) is far too big.

As they go, Insomnia is the best of the popular chains. They're Irish and imo their coffee is better than either Starbucks or Costa.

I love insomnia. Great to see.

You say that as if someone made a decision of a chain vs an independent coffee shop.
    It was never going to be an independent coffee shop as the footprint (thus rent) is far too big.

As they go, Insomnia is the best of the popular chains. They're Irish and imo their coffee is better than either Starbucks or Costa.

Muck water is muck water, whichever chain it comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Muck water is muck water, whichever chain it comes from.

There's two other available units. You should set up your own coffee shop. Nothing like a bit of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Think it's more aimed at prescriptions for the cheap marketing.

Prescriptions drugs are cheaper there than in other pharmacies?
    I thought prescription prices are the same everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

d15ude wrote: »
    Prescriptions drugs are cheaper there than in other pharmacies?
    I thought prescription prices are the same everywhere...

No. Prescription prices change pharmacy to pharmacy

There's two other available units. You should set up your own coffee shop. Nothing like a bit of competition.

I just think it's a bit time deaf in a time of "buy local, support local" to throw in a chain when an independent coffee shop could've been given the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I just think it's a bit time deaf in a time of "buy local, support local" to throw in a chain when an independent coffee shop could've been given the opportunity.

They could have. None came forward though. They can't just say no to a particular brand because they don't like them and besides Insomnia is an Irish coffee chain employing local people and presumably run as a franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Anybody know if this is running weekdays at Clonsilla Inn or just weekends?

Also is there any web or social presence for this setup?

• Advertisement

quazzy wrote: »
    Anybody know if this is running weekdays at Clonsilla Inn or just weekends?

Also is there any web or social presence for this setup?

I was there on Saturday. He said he *might* be back there this weekend.

They are on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/thesamboambo?igshid=16nilibcozb43

Advertisement