Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

jeffk wrote: »
    Gave me attitude and refused to put up a poster for a youth service hiking club but then was OK to plaster with counter with local GAA lotto etc posters

Do they have an axe grinding service in the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

onform wrote: »
    Do they have an axe grinding service in the shop?

LOL, just stating facts.

If a volunteer is trying to get a local business to put up a poster to start a hiking club up and is given attuitde etc, then you can't say they're nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Gave me attitude and refused to put up a poster for a youth service hiking club but then was OK to plaster with counter with local GAA lotto etc posters

Will throw in that I've always found them nice to deal with so I suppose it's my opinion and observations and not a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

LOL, just stating facts.

If a volunteer is trying to get a local business to put up a poster to start a hiking club up and is given attuitde etc, then you can't say they're nice

Are you a customer of theirs ? I suspect not

You have no divine right to free advertising for your hobbies .
    They help out customers , and are very generous with their time for genuine customers

Are you a customer of theirs ? I suspect not

You have no divine right to free advertising for your hobbies .
    They help out customers , and are very generous with their time for genuine customers

Is someone not allowed have a bad experience?

Who's to say all these posters (most I've never seen before) don't work there and are on to squash out one persons factual bad experience?

How can I advertise what is a free service that I have no ownership of?

The youth sevice where setting up a hiking club and I went out to hang posters to get members or help

I'd have thought free community services would be helped out by small businesses in hope of attracting new custom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Maybe they favour known customers, or profiles of organisations whee there might be converging interests - or people who ask nicely and seem nice and don’t demand or expect. Was the ‘help’ you were looking for sponsorship/bik? Not every organisation can support every charity that comes through their door nor every person or stranger who asks/ expects/demands. I always found them extremely helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Do you have a link to this hiking club.

Maybe they favour known customers, or profiles of organisations whee there might be converging interests - or people who ask nicely and seem nice and don’t demand or expect.

I'd have thought a government ran scheme like Foróige would be up there with scouts etc, again not something I personally setup

Back to they can do no wrong, definitely getting the vested interest vibe out of all these random posters appearing to defend the shops name

beauf wrote: »
    Do you have a link to this hiking club.

I was one of three founding members and unfortunately it never took off, only did one hike

In comparison I got discounts in millets and fifty degrees North if any of the group bought great there

Some difference in that and sticking a A4 poster up

Millets, was this like a decade ago?

• Advertisement

Millets, was this like a decade ago?

Does it matter when it happened?

I'm giving my feed back on my interaction in that business

Is all the positive feedback within this best before for feedback you made up?

So you wasted our time with something that happened over a decade ago? Might not even be the same owner/staff. For a club that never existed.

So you wasted our time with something that happened over a decade ago? Might not even be the same owner/staff. For a club that never existed.

So you wasted our time with something that happened over a decade ago? Might not even be the same owner/staff.

You had a poster (were you a kid?) of some unknown "club" that didn't even see the light of day. You are still carrying a torch for that? Wow."
    Love how your tone is so worse before you edited your post to tone it down

Another fine example of why people shouldn't bother with boards or maybe it's just the D15 forum that attracts these people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Excellent news about Roselawn hardware.

Great shop and always had a very good experience every time I shop there. They're my go to shop for key cutting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Roselawn Hardware is a godsend to people like me who have DIY jobs to do and haven't a rashers how to go about it. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 OneMoreBabadee

I've never been personally but my dad has been going to roselawn hardware for decades now and only ever had good things to say about the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

+1 on Roselawn hardware. I bought a few tins of paint and other bits from them yesterday like I always have done. In the years of going there, Iv never had an issue with any of the staff. They have supported local clubs like when I was in scouts, providing for raffle hampers to raise money for our trips etc.

We all have our own opinions based on personal experience but to criticize a small local business because of an interaction with a staff member, over a club that never existed, which occurred over a decade ago; is a bit much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I will never step back over the threshold of that pharmacy in Roselawn since the day a rude lady behind the counter said they said they weren't Starbucks when I ordered a mocha latte from them.

And I don't even drink coffee, it was a slip if the tongue, I meant a chai latte tea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Mod: Guys can we get back on to the topic of new businesses or in the current situation, re-opening business and leave out the talk about youth clubs and posters and anything else not related to the thread please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

35 euro hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

LorelaiG wrote: »
    35 euro hahaha

It's €35 for a car. Could have four adults, so less than a tenner each. Worth it for me to do something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I don’t think I’ve ever paid for a gig into the Laughter Lounge. Always the free vouchers floating about with the free drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 OneMoreBabadee

It's a great idea but they probably won't get many takers at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

It's a great idea but they probably won't get many takers at that price.

It sold out. No idea how many cars that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I have it on v good authority that the chef diner in Ongar is now permanently closed

Seems like it's being renovated, and there's a sign up saying "Shangri-La Asian Takeaway Open Soon" in the window.

On a sad note, I noticed several bunches of flowers left outside Chef takeaway in Ongar earlier today - any idea what happened? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    On a sad note, I noticed several bunches of flowers left outside Chef takeaway in Ongar earlier today - any idea what happened? :(

Yes. The wife of the owner (co owner) died.

Yes. The wife of the owner (co owner) died.

May she RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

not new business opening but wondering are all stores in the Blanch retail parks back open TkMaxx, Homesense etc, nothing on their websites or Blanchardstowns website either, they are slow with updates.

Advertisement