Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

DERICKOO wrote: »
    I'M just wondering iv got 9 items awaiting customs clearance I'm getting the feeling that my name and address may be flagged as i had a liter bottle of southern comfort from Amazon stopped last year and noting since.

Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance

From here iv got the best description of where my stuff is.

https://track-chinapost.com/

Results from 7 of my parcels.Still in VILNIUS LITHUANIA.

2020-06-03 10:29:03ChongqingSent to airline2020-06-08 17:13:53ZOBL01Chongqing Railway Station2020-06-15 14:12:37ZOBL08China/Kazakhstan border2020-06-16 17:21:10ZOBL03Druzhba ,Kazakhstan 2020-06-23 18:09:41ZOBL09Vilnius,Lithuania

Update goods send by airmail are being sent overland via Russia Kazakhstan Lithuania because oF Covid 19 and fewer flights the tracking also states they are dropped off at sorting offices of SITA BUT THESE ARE ONLY RAILWAY DEPOTS STOPS.So mostly stuck in VILNIUS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

2020-06-03 10:29:03ChongqingSent to airline2020-06-08 17:13:53ZOBL01Chongqing Railway Station2020-06-15 14:12:37ZOBL08China/Kazakhstan border2020-06-16 17:21:10ZOBL03Druzhba ,Kazakhstan 2020-06-23 18:09:41ZOBL09Vilnius,Lithuania

Update goods send by airmail are being sent overland via Russia Kazakhstan Lithuania because oF Covid 19 and fewer flights the tracking also states they are dropped off at sorting offices of SITA BUT THESE ARE ONLY RAILWAY DEPOTS STOPS.So mostly stuck in VILNIUS

my package is also apparently in Vilnius, which I guess is my home country as far as AliExpress are concerned. Maybe AnPost aren't to blame.

some info on the China mail train via Vilnius here:
    https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-english/19/1179573/lithuania-becomes-china-s-postal-hub-in-europe-strings-may-come-attached

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

Small package arrived today 9th July.
    Started journey on 3rd MAY
    Fasttech

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Another one in today (Thursday)......silicone phone cover. It was the last of my phone case orders. With the way things were going I thought I'd never actually get a case for my new phone so I ordered from as many as possible. Now, I have 3 identical two-piece hard black cases, with kickstand. And now a black silicone sleeve/case!

So if anyone wants a Samsung A70 case, let me know. I have two here going spare (or in the bin) for nothing.

PS - today's was ordered from Wish on 24th May so not actually too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is it just Aliexpress and similar sites that orders are taking forever - ordered something off ebay after my AE order from a Chinese seller and got here in 2 weeks, the one from Aliexpress is now a month waiting (also have something else I'm waiting on but took a week for that to be even posted)

Is this normal? Wouldn't be ordering off them again if this is normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

New delivery. Shipped 8th April, ordered from ebay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Just received something today after 12 weeks. I got a refund last week. Not sure what to do there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Just received something today after 12 weeks. I got a refund last week. Not sure what to do there.

For most stuff the cost of return etc makes saying anything pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

If you contact the seller you can arrange to send them back payment via PayPal it happened me before

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi all,

I know Aliexpress are notorious for delivery times. Did I see on some other thread that some people are waiting up to 4 months for delivery.

Are Alibaba any better or does it really depend on the seller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know Aliexpress are notorious for delivery times. Did I see on some other thread that some people are waiting up to 4 months for delivery.

Are Alibaba any better or does it really depend on the seller.

They're the same thing, just wholesale. If you're buying from baba it should be a large order thus probably not via the postal system thus probably not impacted. Talk to your merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ordered a special optic cable for my tv

but look at these shipping updates

any idea if there is a way to find out what carrier has it ?

cant use my tv without it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,316 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ordered a special optic cable for my tv

but look at these shipping updates

any idea if there is a way to find out what carrier has it ?

cant use my tv without it

more than likely An Post. a lot of the china stuff is doing a stopoff in the netherlands.

more than likely An Post. a lot of the china stuff is doing a stopoff in the netherlands.

no update since 02/07

takes a whole new meaning to " slow boat from china "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,316 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

no update since 02/07

takes a whole new meaning to " slow boat from china "

from the first tracking pic it wasn't shipped until June 12th. i wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Im waiting for stuff for weeks now and I think its in The Netherlands and they seem to have stopped shipping to Ireland for the moment. I contacted an post and they have no record of my package.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

muirsheen wrote: »
    Im waiting for stuff for weeks now and I think its in The Netherlands and they seem to have stopped shipping to Ireland for the moment. I contacted an post and they have no record of my package.

I had stuff stuck in Amsterdam for weeks recently, it eventually arrived.

muirsheen wrote: »

its aload of crap

won't be buying off ali or wish etc again , for the few quid you save its not worth the aggro or delays

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭septictank

Received 1 I had forgotten about this morning from Wish.
    Ordered on March 1st from Taipei Taiwan.
    18 odd weeks, Departed China Airport on the 13th March.
    Must have been sitting over here a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I have some items order from Wish sitting in a Dublin depot since early June. I ordered them in April. Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭robwen

An order on wish made in May had an arriving by 12 July notice, I logged in today & it had changed to arriving by 19 September with a message beneath saying "The estimated delivery range was adjusted to accommodate for global shipping delays caused by COVID-19" the tracking says it arrived in Ireland on July 2nd

An eBay order made in May arrived today the tracking for that said it arrived in Ireland 16 June

robwen wrote: »
    An order on wish made in May had an arriving by 12 July notice, I logged in today & it had changed to arriving by 19 September with a message beneath saying "The estimated delivery range was adjusted to accommodate for global shipping delays caused by COVID-19" the tracking says it arrived in Ireland on July 2nd

An eBay order made in May arrived today the tracking for that said it arrived in Ireland 16 June

Seems the feckers using covid for all problems

Ive ordered something diff off ali and paid for faster shipping and it arrived on time

Because this was standard ( my other other ) its literally on the slow boat from china

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I've an item lost in the system from Canada, posted April 24...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭septictank

Big surprise this morning, received a package ordered on June 21.
    It was shipped from the Netherlands, probably sitting in An Post for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭corkie

So mostly stuck in VILNIUS

https://track-chinapost.com/result_china.php?order_no=UJ396898237CN

Ordered on April 30, in VILNIUS LITHUANIA since 1st June. Delivered today.(14th July)
    No record on AnPost system.

So others with orders stuck should start receiving them soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭robwen

robwen wrote: »

The Wish order which changed to 19 September arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I got a couple of things one day after the other this week after getting notifications something like a month ago that my packets had arrived in Ireland from China.

edit: Now 3 in a row. Clearly all held up somewhere but on the move now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

my order finally arrived yesterday, originally ordered on May 11th.

According to track-chinapost.com it's still in Vilnius, and according to AnPost they still know nothing about it despite having delivered it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Paid for a wireless repeater on 12th April. It arrived today.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    my order finally arrived yesterday, originally ordered on May 11th.

According to track-chinapost.com it's still in Vilnius, and according to AnPost they still know nothing about it despite having delivered it yesterday.

Shambolic arent they

Advertisement