Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

order replacement Controllers 08 May..still waiting

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Got two orders today that were ordered 27 June but according to tracking they've been in Ireland since 9 July. Also, one of the orders was wrong 3mm Leds instead of 5mm. But it was my fault so have to wait at least another month till I can get started on a wee project.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

loyatemu wrote: »
    [...]
    According to track-chinapost.com it's still in Vilnius, and according to AnPost they still know nothing about it despite having delivered it yesterday.

I wonder what's the first letter of tracking number? If it's "U", it wont't give tracking details from country of destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Received item from China yesterday that I ordered on March 7th. Got a refund for it about a month ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

DopeTech wrote: »
    Received item from China yesterday that I ordered on March 7th. Got a refund for it about a month ago!

Bet you wont send it back ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I notice the address labels are poorly displayed and very small font size even faded .
    Can't be easy for staff at sorting the post .
    Next time I order, I'm going to request the supplier to increase the label font size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I notice the address labels are poorly displayed and very small font size even faded .
    Can't be easy for staff at sorting the post .
    Next time I order, I'm going to request the supplier to increase the label font size.
    if its barcoded, it won't make a difference what size the font is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Bet you wont send it back ha ha

No but it's only a cheap €1 item from wish. It's been so long I forget what I bought it for!

Unregistered Users

Two items arrived last friday.

One ordered 5th Jun sent by cainiao super economy (blah blah blah), label says Vanuatu Post! :eek:

One ordered 29th Jun, China Post, registered.

10 more still in limbo, the oldest one purchased late February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

My parcel has now moved from Netherlands to Dublin sorting office..is it likely to stay there for a time as it originated in China or am I likely to receive it tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

silver2020 wrote: »
    if its barcoded, it won't make a difference what size the font is.

All Chinese items have barcodes on them but most don't scan and of the ones that do scan a lot don't have address informationn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

My latest snail mail from China took 3 weeks to arrive in IRL, then 4 weeks to be delivered. But it was finally delived 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Received 2 more today, these were ordered on 6th June, happy with that but no sign of the March or May stuff yet.
    Still think there is a pile of stuff here not being sorted.

Unregistered Users

Got another one today. It was posted exactly 2 weeks ago (6th of Jul), by bpost.be.

Shockingly fast! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Another eBay item from China posted 1st July arrived
    Still no sign of the aliexpress order posted 15th June

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anyone any dealings with PostNL Domestic?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

What apps are people using to track? My ali express orders are showing up as handed over to airline on 17track but on ali express it says they've arrived and have been handed over to last mile carrier

joujoujou wrote: »
    Two items arrived last friday.

One ordered 5th Jun sent by cainiao super economy (blah blah blah), label says Vanuatu Post! :eek:

One ordered 29th Jun, China Post, registered.

10 more still in limbo, the oldest one purchased late February.

got one sent by cainiao post, one by sunyou post

both posted early May

Both say country of origin Tonga

Can anyone figure that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭corkie

What apps are people using to track? My ali express orders are showing up as handed over to airline on 17track but on ali express it says they've arrived and have been handed over to last mile carrier

Not an app but try: -
    https://track-chinapost.com/
    corkie wrote: »
    https://track-chinapost.com/result_china.php?order_no=UJ396898237CN

Ordered on April 30, in VILNIUS LITHUANIA since 1st June. Delivered today.(14th July)
    No record on AnPost system.

So others with orders stuck should start receiving them soon?

Compare the tracking to https://t.17track.net/en#nums=UJ396898237CN

Thanks @DERICKOO for tracking site link.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Got same

My item is in an post in enniscorthy since july 16th so not sure what the extra delay is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

2020-07-20 11:56
    We delivered your post

2020-07-20 09:03
    Your post is out for delivery

2020-07-20 04:19
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

2020-07-17 08:53
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, Your delivery has been sorted in

2020-07-17 07:49
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, We have your post in

2020-07-17 06:49
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12, Your delivery was received by An Post in

Origin - Tracking consuming: 343 ms
    2020-07-20 11:56
    The item has been delivered successfully

2020-07-17 06:49
    The item has been processed in the country of destination

2020-06-23 16:08
    The item is on transport to the country of destination

2020-06-22 10:30
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center

2020-06-18 19:31
    The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed

2020-06-05 08:33
    The item is ready for shipment

2020-06-05 08:30
    The item is pre-advised

Normal enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Placed 3 orders on April 11th. Two allegedly arrived in my country between the 5th and 23rd of May. Neither have been seen or delivered since. Am I likely to get them at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,247 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Placed 3 orders on April 11th. Two allegedly arrived in my country between the 5th and 23rd of May. Neither have been seen or delivered since. Am I likely to get them at this stage?

where did you see that they had arrived in this country? i had that recently with an order i disputed on aliexpress. the seller insisted the item was in my country but when i checked 17Track.net it was actually in belarus.

Oldest order I'm waiting on was purchased on 30.04.2020.
    A few May orders still outstanding.

Oldest order I'm waiting on was purchased on 30.04.2020.
    A few May orders still outstanding.

Why do we even bother if it takes this long

The thing I got today was worth the wait though. It's a can crusher. ðŸ˜

Unregistered Users

How many cans did you store while you waited if you don't mind me asking? ;)

That is precisely An Post's intention

Although they do seem to be getting through some stuff in the last 2/3 weeks

possibly in the last months of cheap postage from China in any case with UPU changes coming in and if they have the desired effect

Higher charges to come in for shipping from China to the US starting 2021. would assume the same for Ireland...

https://redstagfulfillment.com/universal-postal-union-treaty/#:~:text=The%20new%20Universal%20Postal%20Union,other%20countries%20could%20also%20change.

So my item which arrived in an post gorey dsu has been sent back to holland and then china because the address wasn't legible wtf

Raging here

• Advertisement

So my item which arrived in an post gorey dsu has been sent back to holland and then china because the address wasn't legible wtf
    Raging here
    Few posts back i mentioned poor labelling and was told An Post use bar code. maybe bar code was faded too.

Advertisement