Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

muffler wrote: »
    Last night I made an official online query regarding the missing package and low and behold it was delivered this morning.

Based on the tracking info it appears that it was in the county here at the main sorting office for over a week but how or why that tracking showed it as being delivered on the 15th june is beyond me. Either the local sorting office kept it or the local postman did and I would doubt it was the postie as I know him personally.

Because somebody scanned it as delivered and then realised they couldn't deliver it and then probably left it among items to be put on shelving for collection where it sat until customer service contacted the office looking for it . At which point it was realised there was never a customer collection notice put in the door for it and so it should be brought out again .

The most likely person at least in Dublin , to do that is the local postie unless it's a particularly large item .

Girlfriend ordered me a jersey at the start of April from China and it only arrived last Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Absolute joke with anpost and these Chinese package deliveries; I ordered 2 items from the same Aliexpress store at the same time and had one deliver to my home address in Ireland and the other to my parcelmotel address and after 2 weeks the parcelmotel item is there today and the one to my Irish address says accepted by last mile courier which usually means it has entered Ireland and anpost have it but I bet it will take weeks more for it to be delivered!

This is just not on in terms of anpost flat out refusing to deliver these packages within a reasonable time frame!

That's the passive aggressive an fussed for you.

they have no intention of changing this scummy policy until the UPU changes kick in

https://www.joc.com/regulation-policy/new-era-dawns-universal-postal-union_20200108.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

How can RoyalMail in the UK and actually on the same island as us do their job properly and deliver the packages we have paid for an AnPost refuse to and we just need to take that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I've been waiting 11 weeks for something that was apparently coming from the UK with a two week delivery window. But then looking at the seller's details, it's actually a city in China.

I've ordered stuff in May and packages are slowly coming in.

3 months is a bit much, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Made an order April 11th. Its currently listed for delivery on the 18th June.

Fingers crossed! (Low value item).

Still nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭PreCocious

reni10 wrote: »
    Absolute joke with anpost and these Chinese package deliveries; I ordered 2 items from the same Aliexpress store at the same time and had one deliver to my home address in Ireland and the other to my parcelmotel address and after 2 weeks the parcelmotel item is there today and the one to my Irish address says accepted by last mile courier which usually means it has entered Ireland and anpost have it but I bet it will take weeks more for it to be delivered!

This is just not on in terms of anpost flat out refusing to deliver these packages within a reasonable time frame!

When did it arrive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kindalen

Item ordered on Aliexpress on February 15th arrived this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

kindalen wrote: »
    Item ordered on Aliexpress on February 15th arrived this morning!

wow, any indication on the package when it actually arrived in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I've just received a package from AliExpress too this morning. Dispatched March 11th. WEbsite showing that it shipped from China but no update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Just placed a new order with Ali and the purchase protection is 90days now instead of the old 60

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Cerdito wrote: »
    I've just received a package from AliExpress too this morning. Dispatched March 11th. WEbsite showing that it shipped from China but no update.

Just received something that shipped on 26th January this morning! Was refunded weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tonightontv

I've been receiving 1 item per business day for the last 10 days. Two arrived this morning! The oldest one I was waiting on was 31st March, it arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kindalen

loyatemu wrote: »
    wow, any indication on the package when it actually arrived in Ireland?

Nope, and had forgotten all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

Shipped on March 5th from China, arrived in Ireland on April 3rd, delivered to my postbox on June 30th!!!
    An Post should make it clear what their policy on delivering goods from China is, considering they felt it was okay for their staff to deliver two free postcards per household in the country (basically four postcards per household if they were all sent, considering there's 95,000 households in Ireland according to the CSO, that's a lot of unnecessary deliveries!)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Myself waiting for few items for good many days. Is there any better hope if I go to my local delivery office to know if it's lying there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mac.in wrote: »
    Myself waiting for few items for good many days. Is there any better hope if I go to my local delivery office to know if it's lying there?

I doubt these deliveries are in a local office, more likely some central sorting depot.

Received something today

Posted China (date on envelope) May 8

Accepted by last mile carrier June 6

Must be a mistake in An Post coming in under their 1 month delay target :pac: (which recently seems to have been extended to 2 months plus)

loyatemu wrote: »
    I doubt these deliveries are in a local office, more likely some central sorting depot.

yes. in these things in some An Post depot

Mail-Left-In-Lobby.jpg

they will never make a public statement on their website about their passive aggressive policy stance on this

unfortunately you could say that it is achieving their aim -> putting people off from ordering stuff from China

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

Received a package today from AliExpress ordered from China on the 9th June. Quickest delivery yet for me as still waiting on some packages from march which haven't arrived yet

irishchris wrote: »
    Received a package today from AliExpress ordered from China on the 9th June. Quickest delivery yet for me as still waiting on some packages from march which haven't arrived yet

that's shockingly quick for something going through An fussed.

what postal service did you use for it when buying on Ali?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

glasso wrote: »
    yes. in these things in some An Post depot

Mail-Left-In-Lobby.jpg

they will never make a public statement on their website about their passive aggressive policy stance on this

unfortunately you could say that it is achieving their aim -> putting people off from ordering stuff from China

Lol don't you just love a postal service that doesn't like having too much business. How dare people want to use their services, let's try to put them off. Does make me chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Ah I've just hcecked that photo is like 5 years old and not even from Ireland. As mr trump would put it, fake news.

Lol don't you just love a postal service that doesn't like having too much business. How dare people want to use their services, let's try to put them off. Does make me chuckle.

Nobody wants them since they lose money on delivering them .

It's why the Americans kicked up a fuss and got the pricing structure changed so that at a minimum Postal services will break even ,

That comes into effect from today for the USPS and 1st January 2021 for other postal services

Ah I've just hcecked that photo is like 5 years old and not even from Ireland. As mr trump would put it, fake news.

Yes because it really needs to be a photo from An Post to illustrate what sort of cages they use :rolleyes:

SPDUB wrote: »
    Yes because it really needs to be a photo from An Post to illustrate what sort of cages they use :rolleyes:

indeed.

like wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭robwen

In the same boat as many here, waiting on couple of items, last tracking on items shows up as "Ireland, arrived at destination country airport" this is showing for 4 different orders on different dates in May, into July today ffs.
    Are people on here opening PayPal disputes for non delivery to cover themselves? Not fair on the Chinese as they've done their part but no one wants to lose money.
    Also is it 45 or 180 days to open a dispute with PayPal seem to get different answers when I search?

robwen wrote: »
    In the same boat as many here, waiting on couple of items, last tracking on items shows up as "Ireland, arrived at destination country airport" this is showing for 4 different orders on different dates in May, into July today ffs.
    Are people on here opening PayPal disputes for non delivery to cover themselves? Not fair on the Chinese as they've done their part but no one wants to lose money.
    Also is it 45 or 180 days to open a dispute with PayPal seem to get different answers when I search?

seems like you're ok up to 180 days

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Protections/45-days-or-180/td-p/1419824

yes. with an fussed acting the maggot should really allow at least 4 months (if possible in terms of reclaiming time-limits) these days imo

otherwise the Chinese sellers may very well increasingly blacklist Ireland completely and just refuse to send stuff here at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 tonightontv

Seems to be getting better, 2 items yesterday, 4 today, let's see what tomorrow brings!

Advertisement