Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

RMAOK wrote: »
    But, if like me you have no brain, what are they attached to then? :confused:

Nuts?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

RMAOK wrote: »
    But, if like me you have no brain, what are they attached to then? :confused:

The back of your eyeballs, that's why you get teary.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    The back of your eyeballs, that's why you get teary.

you can't argue with science.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Any text that starts with 'A gentle reminder'.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

VERTIGO SUCKS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Working from home with no fixed start time so I decide its a miserable morning and another half an hour in bed would suit me just fine.
    Then a truck driver pulling a 45 foot trailer decides to stop right outside my house leaving his engine running for several minutes while he looked for directions, made cab cider, or whatever it is these guys do.
    Plan ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

New colleagues who think they have the right to be passive aggressive. "As per my previous email". "Again, as mentioned in the training session.."

Love, you're here three weeks. You haven't earned the right to be an arsehole. It's probably not a good idea to f*ck off people that have been around the company block and have worked with the past three people that sat in your role before you came along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have clients who have to travel all over using the bus, many going to clinics and hosp appoints.

Can I get clarity from the transport companies on what their policy is when ppl have medical reasons for not wearing a mask and what they can expect from transport staff when they are asked about it?

I get the same attachment mentioning exemptions but not how they are expected to prove that or if they can be refused entry to the train! All 6 transport co's involved refusing me clarity on this and time is running out.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Also, a courier with an urgent parcel is almost an hour late and I want to go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have clients who have to travel all over using the bus, many going to clinics and hosp appoints.

Can I get clarity from the transport companies on what their policy is when ppl have medical reasons for not wearing a mask and what they can expect from transport staff when they are asked about it?

I get the same attachment mentioning exemptions but not how they are expected to prove that or if they can be refused entry to the train! All 6 transport co's involved refusing me clarity on this and time is running out.
    Surely a letter from their GP stating they can't wear a mask on medical grounds would suffice?

My TA, got my hair done and nowhere to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

That I had lost my lighter somewhere along the road after going for a spin.Stopped to have a smoke and no light.I was even hoping the heat from the exhaust would somehow be a saviour but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When you get a case of the 'not-sure about' this or thats... mondays be like that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Queue jumpers.Today in a shop a woman hopped ahead of me.

Whe i pointed out i was next,she said she already had stuff up there.And she had "forgot" something. I wouldnt mind,but there was already somebody getting served and it just boiled my piss:D

Surely a letter from their GP stating they can't wear a mask on medical grounds would suffice?

My TA, got my hair done and nowhere to go!
    so far no clarification on anything, some dont have a regular dr or the money to pay for an appointment or the letter cost. ahead of the ppl who dont want to disclose anything on a crowed bus/train.
    In some countries all this was arranged by the health authorities and once the card was shown all good. Ta'ed by it all

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Stephen Donnelly's grumpy looking face!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

dubstarr wrote: »
    Queue jumpers.Today in a shop a woman hopped ahead of me.

Whe i pointed out i was next,she said she already had stuff up there.And she had "forgot" something. I wouldnt mind,but there was already somebody getting served and it just boiled my piss:D

Queue jumpers are twats... I just point blankly refuse now to let anybody in front of me, I’ve been burned too many times...

Twice in airports, for those never ending security Q’s...first time she and ‘hubby’ were going to “miss their flight”.. but “thanks excuse me excuse excuse me me”.... I caught up with them in the most leisurely way possible while they were buying a watch in the duty free, they looked like they couldn’t give a fück, I thought that maybe their flight was delayed.. that was until I ended up behind them boarding the same flight, which was on time and I had time to peruse the duty free myself and then knock back two pints before sauntering to the gate... that was the last time I’ve ever allowed a Q jumper... now I don’t care genuinely if you are in a rush to see your dying child in Lithuania.... you won’t be fücking passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

PM limits! It looks like you're ignoring people if their inbox is full and you don't get a notification on the touch site.

Losing concentration for one moment in chess, and undoing all the hard work instantly. An enchanting and infuriating game, never dull. Time to liberate a beer from the fridge, tomorrow is a blank canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

PM limits! It looks like you're ignoring people if their inbox is full and you don't get a notification on the touch site.

Cleared now, sorry about that.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Why is it a country that is literally awash with water, a massive resource these days, doesn't know what to do with it?

- A hose pipe ban during a three week downpour - really?
    - We will shortly get the annual report about piping water from the Shannon to Dublin and locals will be up in arms about it. Over my dead body....
    - Fast forward to January - Ciarán Mulhooly sitting on the back of a tractor in a lake that used to be a field interviewing some fella on the Shannon saying this happens every year and the Gubbermint does nothing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Since when is a holiday in Ireland a “staycation”?

F*ck me, I hate the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Green apples, when their skin starts going brown two days after opening the bag.

I know they are “fine” inside but they look very unappetising.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was at home this morning (working from home 8-12, onsite from 12-4) and I was just finishing a weekly call when I assumed the heavens had opened and it had started to pour down. It was so loud I got up to have a luck, but realised that the sound was coming from my bike. My back wheel had spontaneously punctured! What's the deal with that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Food mawlers, double dippers, knife lickers. Just general very poor table manners.

TA'd that no one ever asked me (least as I can remember, since the thought occurred to me that is) when I was in the 'front' of the queue in a shop - I've seen it happen that others have asked if they could 'go ahead' if they've only 1 or 2 items, with the rest of the queue having gone 'unasked' :pac: - if they can go ahead of me.

My TA here is with 3 or 4 people in the queue and '1 or 2 items and in a hurry' asks front of the queue person "Can I jump ahead? I'm in a hurry... I've only a couple of items."

I'm thinking "bit of a kernt, you should be asking the other queuers if it's ok with them an' all - you're skippin' them too" :p

So me, also a bit of a kernt betimes has never had the opportunity to point this out to queue skipper just loud enough so t'rest can hear :D

Knowin' my luck in these type of interactions I'll be in a good mood when and if it does happen and say: "No, I don't mind."

Paramount I feel in these situations to say "I don't mind" as opposed to "go on ahead there", lest there be a similar kernt in queue who thinks along the same lines and lets it be known that front queuer 'can't speak for the whole queue' and let someone skip the line, but if one says "I don't mind" then it's copacetic imo, as there can be no real 'blowback' to the 'acquiescer' :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The fugging terms 'mini moon' and 'baby moon'.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

On queues;

The people who think that because their pal is in the queue, it gives them permission to skip said queue - even though they have 2 baskets and are shopping separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is a fella at work who keeps calling me by an abbreviated version of my name. Only he calls me that.
    I wish I knew the thought process whereby he figured this would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Food mawlers, double dippers, knife lickers. Just general very poor table manners.

Double dippers turn my stomach.It turns me right off.The idea of their saliva mixing in.I feel sick now,ugh.

• Advertisement

TA'd that I rarely hear 'Anchorage' by Michelle Shocked on the radio. Used to hear it fairly regular.
    Maybe less than once a year now :( , as most likely very few stations play it. All because she went on a
    rant a while back. What about separating the 'Art from the Auteur', as I once heard mentioned on an episode of "the wire", so decided to chuck it on here in a bid to sound intelligent :D:D

It's a bloody great song too :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement