Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭threeball

Muahahaha wrote: »
    He has predictably gone on a tweet storm "PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!"

I wonder whats the chances of the tax returns getting leaked before the election. Russia, if youre listening....

Why would the Russians leak damaging info about the greatest patsy they've ever had inside the Whitehouse. He may as well be an FSB plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

not forgetting the unreliable narrators who tell the same story but with different details.

Well that is probably the most believable aspect of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭threeball

eire4 wrote: »
    If he gets re-elected then I do not see him having to face the tax issues ever. He has thumbed his nose at the law for the last 4 years and you saw when the Republicans gave him a pass on impeachment that he then went on a revenge payback tour afterward. If he wins in November the next 4 years will make the first 4 look like a warm up act when it comes to thumbing his nose at the law and looking to settle scores and payback.

In fact IMHO even if he loses it will make little difference. Biden and the corporate Democrats will pick up the rug and start sweeping. Just like Obama did with wall street after he got in office it will be words like "time to move on."

He promised to release them ahead of the last election and never did. He'll ride out another 4 years handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

knives are out for Donald, hopefully it will be a death by a thousand cuts

and then led away in handcuffs when one of them opens a vein

• Registered Users Posts: 82,102 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Republican Voters Against Trumps new ad is fire. It’s literally just one of Ronald Reagan’s old addresses, and images from Trumps presidency. Reagan just going on about are we better off now than we were 4 years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/114625730266879/posts/150464936682958/?vh=e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Overheal wrote: »
    Republican Voters Against Trumps new ad is fire. It’s literally just one of Ronald Reagan’s old addresses, and images from Trumps presidency. Reagan just going on about are we better off now than we were 4 years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/114625730266879/posts/150464936682958/?vh=e

That is powerful to say the least. Excellent work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Do we need old man Biden with his finger on the button?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Edgware wrote: »

do we need a narcissist who lashes out at the slightest criticism with his finger on the button?

Versus Trump who views half the country as an active enemy to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trump is 74 and a raving lunatic. You feel safer with old man Trump with his finger on the button?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Versus Trump who views half the country as an active enemy to him?

I haven't really been following this presidential race closely but from the outside it doesn't really look like the Dems have a lot of love for the majority of the US population right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭Cody montana

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I haven't really been following this presidential race closely but from the outside it doesn't really look like the Dems have a lot of love for the majority of the US population right now.

How so?

well at least you are honest about being ignorant of the matter under discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What majority is that? Care to expand on your view?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭king_of_mayo

I think we all know that he'll be a President in name only. Whoever is VP will run the show. The inkling towards him not participating in any debates is/will be an open acknowledgement of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I think we all know that he'll be a President in name only. Whoever is VP will run the show. The inkling towards him not participating in any debates is/will be an open acknowledgement of this.

Hasn’t he already agreed to three debates?

KiKi III wrote: »
    Hasn’t he already agreed to three debates?

We'll see what happens.

there is no inkling of him not participating. you just completely made that up.

there is no inkling of him not participating. you just completely made that up.

I read a piece about it in... the New York Times? On reddit a few days ago, and the people there (not Trump fans by any measure!) were enthusiastic about it. Pretty sure I read something similar elsewhere. Of course it's framed as he won't take part unless Trump releases his tax returns etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

The Trump derangement syndrome here is both hilarious and cringe inducing. Presidents do not have to release their tax returns and IMHO he is right not to as it would be a sign of capitulation. Do people really think he is hiding something? Jesus Christ!

Trump WILL be re-elected, that is 100% guaranteed. You see, people vote with their pockets and Trumps economy is doing relatively great. The vast amount of Americans do not believe the spiel in the mainstream media & will vote for a president with a proven track record.

Biden, the credibly accused rapist, is un-electable. He is too old, too stupid and would be ANNIHILATED in any debates with Trump. He is a crook (he is guilty of quid pro quo in Ukraine) President Trump is 1000 times the man Biden is. I don't think the Democrats will run with Biden (I understand there may be some red tape to get over but they will manage it, look what they done to Sanders four years ago). I think its going to be Hilllary who again will fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The Trump derangement syndrome here is both hilarious and cringe inducing. Presidents do not have to release their tax returns and IMHO he is right not to as it would be a sign of capitulation. Do people really think he is hiding something? Jesus Christ!

Trump WILL be re-elected, that is 100% guaranteed. You see, people vote with their pockets and Trumps economy is doing relatively great. The vast amount of Americans do not believe the spiel in the mainstream media & will vote for a president with a proven track record.

Biden, the credibly accused rapist, is un-electable. He is too old, too stupid and would be ANNIHILATED in any debates with Trump. He is a crook (he is guilty of quid pro quo in Ukraine) President Trump is 1000 times the man Biden is. I don't think the Democrats will run with Biden (I understand there may be some red tape to get over but they will manage it, look what they done to Sanders four years ago). I think its going to be Hilllary who again will fail.

I think I got house on that one

LOL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Are you trying to convince yourself or us?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Trump WILL be re-elected, that is 100% guaranteed.

I used to think that but really think corona has done him in. Looks weak, has made a balls up of it and we've months to go of more deaths as it continues to rise there.

Are you trying to convince yourself or us?

I'm not trying to convince anyone, just setting the stage for a good old gloat in a few months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

well at least you are honest about being ignorant of the matter under discussion.
    lol Me-ow..
    How so?
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    What majority is that? Care to expand on your view?

Just my perception, probably a hang over from the "basket of deplorables" days, its an election year and things are always going to be turned up to 11 but the recent surge of focus on race in this election run up is something else. If you don't vote for me you ain't black and all this stuff just smacks of hostility for those not in the Dems camp, the Republicans do the same Im sure.

lol Me-ow..

Just my perception, probably a hang over from the "basket of deplorables" days, its an election year and things are always going to be turned up to 11 but the recent surge of focus on race in this election run up is something else. If you don't vote for me you ain't black and all this stuff just smacks of hostility for those not in the Dems camp, the Republicans do the same Im sure.

well we know trump does the same because he said it outright in his speech on July 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He has said many times that he would, so yes I think he has a lot to hide.

https://twitter.com/soloyochapin/status/1281255385870065666?s=19

Mortgage your house, take out a €20,000 loan and place it all on Trump to win so, post your bets up as proof, I mean he is "100% guaranteed to win" so its free money for you.

A list of women who have accused Trump of sexual assault.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-all-list-misconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html%3famp

I used to think that but really think corona has done him in. Looks weak, has made a balls up of it and we've months to go of more deaths as it continues to rise there.

I would have liked him to shut down the country much sooner but I think the left would have gone nuts with a decision like that... One way or another it was going to the US and going to spread but yes, there was definitly more he could have done. I do like some of the positions he has taken, he was right to put much of the blame on China & the WHO (who both have blood on their hands). Take his stance on Hydroxychloroquine - he was lambasted for that in the mainstream media yet it turns out he was 100% correct. The media also have blood on their hands over that aswell IMHO

• Advertisement

He has said many times that he would, so yes I think he has a lot to hide.

Yes but he doesn't have to, there is no law. People are free to change their minds on such things.
    Mortgage your house, take out a €20,000 loan and place it all on Trump to win so, post your bets up as proof, I mean he is "100% guaranteed to win" so its free money for you.

A good old gloat will do me fine, not much of a gambler myself.
    A list of women who have accused Trump of sexual assault.

Yes, many women have accused him but none of them have credibly accused him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement