Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I would have liked him to shut down the country much sooner but I think the left would have gone nuts with a decision like that... One way or another it was going to the US and going to spread but yes, there was definitly more he could have done. I do like some of the positions he has taken, he was right to put much of the blame on China & the WHO (who both have blood on their hands). Take his stance on Hydroxychloroquine - he was lambasted for that in the mainstream media yet it turns out he was 100% correct. The media also have blood on their hands over that aswell IMHO

Show me exactly where from a credible source that hydroxychloroquine is a proven treatment against Covid19. It's ok ill wait

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes but he doesn't have to, there is no law. People are free to change their minds on such things.

You're right, he doesn't have to, but why say you will if you have no intentions?

A good old gloat will do me fine, not much of a gambler myself.

But if he is 100% guaranteed to win as you claim then it isn't gambling is it?

Yes, many women have accused him but none of them have credibly accused him.

Ah so their claims are not credited in your eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

>>>>>TIDE>>>>>>><<<Kidchameleon<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Every subject on Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

well we know trump does the same because he said it outright in his speech on July 4th.

Ya, thats why I said Im sure the Republicans do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

WrenBoy wrote: »

Just my perception, probably a hang over from the "basket of deplorables" days, its an election year and things are always going to be turned up to 11 but the recent surge of focus on race in this election run up is something else. If you don't vote for me you ain't black and all this stuff just smacks of hostility for those not in the Dems camp, the Republicans do the same Im sure.

That was an obviously stupid thing to say and Biden immediately apologised. I am not a Biden fan personally, but that statement by him is literally a drop in the ocean compared to what's going on with the Republican side. If I can offer some advice - steer clear of the whole thing. it is a total sh!t show and the less you involve yourself in it, the better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

duploelabs wrote: »
    Show me exactly where from a credible source that hydroxychloroquine is a proven treatment against Covid19. It's ok ill wait

July 02, 2020, "Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows"

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

IMHO, the media caused deaths because they spread misinformation about chloroquine just for a bit of one-upmanship on President Trump.

But if he is 100% guaranteed to win as you claim then it isn't gambling is it?

I suppose it isn't. Still, I wouldn't darken the doorstep of a bookmaker.
    Ah so their claims are not credited in your eyes?

No, they are vile humans for accusing him of such a heinous without any solid evidence. Poor Tara Reade has plenty of evidence. Biden should be standing trial instead of running for president IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

No, they are vile humans for accusing him of such a heinous without any solid evidence. Poor Tara Reade has plenty of evidence. Biden should be standing trial instead of running for president IMHO

and your opinion on all Trumps accusers and their evidence? plus his links to Epstein.

But I guess your IMHO only applies in certain cases correct?

The problem for Trump this time is he cant attack Biden on his character because he is a good man and dont take my word for it, just ask Trumps most loyal supporters Lyndsey Graham who said "he is the best and most decent man he is has ever met in politics and if anyone thinks different they need their head examinded"

kilns wrote: »
    and your opinion on all Trumps accusers and their evidence?

Not very credible
    kilns wrote: »
    plus his links to Epstein.

Links to Epstein? Any evidence of that? As far as I know, they met once or twice (as to be expected in such high profile circles). You know, plenty of people have met Epstein and even gone to his island without turning out to be pedophiles... What about Stephen Hawking's "links" to Epstein? Any opinion on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The Trump derangement syndrome here is both hilarious and cringe inducing. Presidents do not have to release their tax returns and IMHO he is right not to as it would be a sign of capitulation. Do people really think he is hiding something? Jesus Christ!

Trump WILL be re-elected, that is 100% guaranteed. You see, people vote with their pockets and Trumps economy is doing relatively great. The vast amount of Americans do not believe the spiel in the mainstream media & will vote for a president with a proven track record.

Biden, the credibly accused rapist, is un-electable. He is too old, too stupid and would be ANNIHILATED in any debates with Trump. He is a crook (he is guilty of quid pro quo in Ukraine) President Trump is 1000 times the man Biden is. I don't think the Democrats will run with Biden (I understand there may be some red tape to get over but they will manage it, look what they done to Sanders four years ago). I think its going to be Hilllary who again will fail.

Paragraph 1. If Trump has nothing to hide 're his tax returns why won't he release them. You don't fight that hard to his nothing. It's not a sign of capitulation. It's a sign of being open and honest. And Trump is not honest.

Paragraph 2. He is not guaranteed to win. Look at the the polls. Look at the clusterf**k he has made of the Covid-19 response. Proven track record. Go on then. Show us the policies he enacted that has made America better. I'll wait. And as I have said previously anyone with the tiniest amount of knowledge on economics knows the economy was roaring back in Obama's final years. Like Trump waved a magic wand and the economy 're started. Absolute nonsense.

Paragraph 3. Are we comparing sexual assault accusations. You're off the wall there lad. Trump is nowhere near the man Biden is. Or any normal human being. He's a leader who dosent help all his citizens, just sows division to take away from his complete utter failures as a leader. Only cares about himself. Which makes him the worst type of President you could ever have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I would have liked him to shut down the country much sooner but I think the left would have gone nuts with a decision like that... One way or another it was going to the US and going to spread but yes, there was definitly more he could have done. I do like some of the positions he has taken, he was right to put much of the blame on China & the WHO (who both have blood on their hands). Take his stance on Hydroxychloroquine - he was lambasted for that in the mainstream media yet it turns out he was 100% correct. The media also have blood on their hands over that aswell IMHO

His response to the Covid 19 gets a 1 out of 10. The 1 being for stopping flights from China. The big no no with Covid 19 is having large groups of people indoors. And what does he do. He holds rallies. The 1 thing you should not do above all else he goes and does. That is the behaviour of a psycho who places no value on human life. And btw there's over 120000 dead. Around half of those lives could have been saved with a proper response. But 60000 people dying needlessly is ok with you ya?

Have you taken up his advice on injecting disinfectant yet. How can you defend anyone who suggests that. But then again he knows more obviously than healthcare professionals. Sure next time you're sick don't bother with the doctor. Consult the Don.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lol, you're the first person I have ever heard of turning down a substantial amount of free money.

Evidence here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/trump-records-strongly-corroborate-sex-assault-claims-accuser/story%3fid=66509771

And here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1131841

What makes Tara Reids claim credible but the multiple accusations against Trump false?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

duploelabs wrote: »
    I think I got house on that one

It only counts if you post a picture of your bet!

Not very credible

Links to Epstein? Any evidence of that? As far as I know, they met once or twice (as to be expected in such high profile circles). You know, plenty of people have met Epstein and even gone to his island without turning out to be pedophiles... What about Stephen Hawking's "links" to Epstein? Any opinion on that?

So Bidens accuser is credible and Trumps arent hmmmmm ok

Yes they fact he is seen partying with him complementing him how great a guy he is and commenting how he likes beatutful young women too.

Yes Hawking was attending a scientific conference with 20 other partical physists and were all brought to dinner there, very different

July 02, 2020, "Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows"

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

IMHO, the media caused deaths because they spread misinformation about chloroquine just for a bit of one-upmanship on President Trump.
    Dr. Zervos also pointed out, as does the paper, that the study results should be interpreted with some caution, should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings and require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19.

“Currently, the drug should be used only in hospitalized patients with appropriate monitoring, and as part of study protocols, in accordance with all relevant federal regulations,” Dr. Zervos said
    It points out in your own article that it's still very much in a research phase. There's also an indication the drug that is being used alongside it may have the most actual benefit. The media are not responsible for covid deaths and the president should not be claiming anything about treatments...

The Trump derangement syndrome here is both hilarious and cringe inducing. Presidents do not have to release their tax returns and IMHO he is right not to as it would be a sign of capitulation. Do people really think he is hiding something? Jesus Christ!

Trump WILL be re-elected, that is 100% guaranteed. You see, people vote with their pockets and Trumps economy is doing relatively great. The vast amount of Americans do not believe the spiel in the mainstream media & will vote for a president with a proven track record.

Biden, the credibly accused rapist, is un-electable. He is too old, too stupid and would be ANNIHILATED in any debates with Trump. He is a crook (he is guilty of quid pro quo in Ukraine) President Trump is 1000 times the man Biden is. I don't think the Democrats will run with Biden (I understand there may be some red tape to get over but they will manage it, look what they done to Sanders four years ago). I think its going to be Hilllary who again will fail.

Nice trolling lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Donnies' Covid 19 response approval rating down to 33%

It's all the media's fault I suppose *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,239 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »

and absolutely nothing to do with the 135,000 deaths so far

• Registered Users Posts: 81,918 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Crazy numbers, premature reopening of businesses along with all those protests and rallies going ahead, is there any data back on how they attributed to the numbers ?

• Advertisement

The thing is these kind of things are not one offs to write them off as typos he does it all the time. That is why you have to laugh at people here and in the US who question Bidens competency and claim he is unfit to run for President

But guys he “aced” a cognitive ability test! He can draw cubes, identify camels, and even connect dots! Can you??

Doctors said they were “very surprised” that he did so well on this test.... which isn’t dripping with irony at. All.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/whats-on-the-cognitive-test-that-trump-brags-he-aced-drawing-a-cube-correctly-identifying-a-camel-and-more/

Overheal wrote: »
    But guys he “aced” a cognitive ability test! He can draw cubes, identify camels, and even connect dots! Can you??

Doctors said they were “very surprised” that he did so well on this test.... which isn’t dripping with irony at. All.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/whats-on-the-cognitive-test-that-trump-brags-he-aced-drawing-a-cube-correctly-identifying-a-camel-and-more/

i will believe he got 30 out of 30 when he does it live on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I wonder if he had someone take it for him. There's precedent. Maybe he has a double.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

For clarity - This is the test that he "aced"
    1. Connecting lettered and numbered dots in order
    2. Drawing a cube
    3. Drawing a clock (These tasks are worth up to five points)
    4. Correctly identifying pictures of a lion, a rhinoceros, and a camel (up to 3 points)
    5. Recalling a list of five words (no points)
    6. Reading a list of numbers (2 points)
    7. Reading a list of letters (1 point)
    8. Counting backwards from 100 by sevens (3 points)
    9. Repeating the phrases “I only know that John is the one to help today” and “The cat always hid under the couch when dogs were in the room. (2 points)
    10. Explaining the similarities between objects like “train – bicycle” and “watch – ruler” (2 points)
    11. Recalling the five words from earlier in the test, in any order (5 points)
    12. Knowing where you are, and what the date, time, and day of the week are. (6 points!)

You get twice as many points for knowing where you are and what time it is than you do for counting backwards in 7's from 100!!!

Well I'm satisfied that he's up to the job on the basis of that test!!

2020: “my candidate can connect dots to draw letters and numbers can yours”

Of all the things MAGA could possibly campaign on, this will be perhaps the dumbest in history.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

2020: “my candidate can connect dots to draw letters and numbers can yours”

Of all the things MAGA could possibly campaign on, this will be perhaps the dumbest in history.

For now. Still a ways to go 'til November.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Billy Mays wrote: »

The fact 33% of those questioned approve of Trump's handling of pandemic is frightening in itself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

That is a dementia test.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement