Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Remember he is still the president and was voted in by the people.

He was in his arse, America isn't a democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe, but sometimes it is wiser to let things slide, if there is no danger of reopening. The potential damage caused by his supporters and the damage to the pony politic have to be considered.

Remember he is still the president and was voted in by the people.

i think we are way past worrying about damage to the body politic.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,102 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It is difficult to know if charging him after leaving office is the right thing to do. Especially since the Senate voted not to sanction him after the impeachment. I think you'd need support across the political spectrum, or it could cause more strife than he is worth.

I'm glad Biden went on the record to say he wouldn't pardon him, though.

To be clear, the argument from Impeachment Managers for Trumps side was the Biden Rule: not that what he did didn't deserve impeachment, necessarily, but the idea that it was 'taking away the vote of Americans' bla bla bla, and that voters should decide to remove Trump this November if they really want.

You may think I'm kidding but go read or watch what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

News that won't surprise anyone. Trump has pardoned Roger Stone apparently https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1281737047150125056

Eod100 wrote: »
    News that won't surprise anyone. Trump has pardoned Roger Stone apparently https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1281737047150125056

May as well just resign then shouldn't he. Certainly he won't be looking forward to debates with Biden, who will tear down his platform brick by brick with his own hypocrisies. "Law and Order" president who teargasses peaceful protesters and pardons his duly convicted co-conspirators. Yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Dont be surprised if Biden doesn't debate Trump - either because he is not the nominee or he uses some bs excuse to get out of it. "I'll debate you only if you release your tax returns" etc etc. Trump would win every debate with him easily.

Dont be surprised if Biden doesn't debate Trump - either because he is not the nominee or he uses some bs excuse to get out of it. "I'll debate you only if you release your tax returns" etc etc. Trump would win every debate with him easily.

It would be trump who dips out. We’ve already seen him do it: he dared Bernie to a one up debate, and when Bernie called his bluff he chickened out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haha have you listened to Trump talk lately? He can't string a coherent sentence together without a teleprompter and even then he struggles to pronounce big words.

Overheal wrote: »
    he dared Bernie to a one up debate, and when Bernie called his bluff he chickened out.

Well that's not exactly true is it? He said he would debate the democrats nominee & as far as I remember, he debated Hillary a number of times. Why waste time debating Sanders? Sanders had nothing to do with the presidential race at that stage.

Haha have you listened to Trump talk lately? He can't string a coherent sentence together without a teleprompter and even then he struggles to pronounce big words.

Could be worse I suppose - Dont vote for Biden? "You aint black!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why wouldn’t he?
    He was debating against Bernie and there was no problem.

Trump is just going to shout incoherent nonsense at him anyway.

But sure he's not very intelligent, it's unusual for a person with npd, theyre generally very intelligent, wonder does he also have a learning disability

Trump is a master of oration, bigly, believe me.

Why wouldn’t he?
    He was debating against Bernie and there was no problem.

Trump is just going to shout incoherent nonsense at him anyway.

Debating Bernie and debating President Trump are two entirely different scenarios. Sanders is a complete pussy who allowed his own party to steal from him. He then spent the next four years denying they did it.

Even the "great" Obama ALWAYS had a teleprompter.

Debating Bernie and debating President Trump are two entirely different scenarios. Sanders is a complete pussy who allowed his own party to steal from him. He then spent the next four years denying they did it.

Oh never underestimate the real power of American politics, Sanders never had a hope, real power doesn't want democracy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    But sure he's not very intelligent, it's unusual for a person with npd, theyre generally very intelligent, wonder does he also have a learning disability

:)

I don't know why people say Trump is not intelligent. I mean, he's a multi billionaire, the president of the US (no doubt for two terms), an icon, brokered peace with North Korea, brings troops home & raised his whole family to be successful, multiple degrees, Time person of the year to name but a few of his achievements. You don't get to do things like that if your dumb.

People, you gotta stop saying he is dumb, it just doesn't stand up to logic.

The point being he can debate.
    I have confidence in Biden.

Depends how you class intelligence, a lot of what you mentioned above is highly questionable, he actually hasn't 'earned' his wealth, he's a classic 'rent seeker'. Multiple degrees, does he, how hard has he worked for them, are they honorary? Npd is a nasty disorder, I wouldn't class it's traits as a sign of intelligence, they tend to be highly manipulative, none empathic, and completely self interested, at all costs, not a sign of intelligence in my world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭randd1

Yeah, but he could read. Trump can’t.

• Advertisement

This is what happens when trump goes off teleprompter.

“President Trump on Friday blamed a malfunctioning teleprompter for a gaffe in his Independence Day speech in which he mistakenly said the Army took over airports during the American Revolution and seemed to confuse that war with the War of 1812.“

What happened when Obama spoke without a teleprompter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

:)

I don't know why people say Trump is not intelligent. I mean, he's a multi billionaire, the president of the US (no doubt for two terms), an icon, brokered peace with North Korea, brings troops home & raised his whole family to be successful, multiple degrees, Time person of the year to name but a few of his achievements. You don't get to do things like that if your dumb.

I propose a wager.

If Trump wins I will come on here and declare him to be a stable genius, if he loses you come on here and declare him as thick as two short planks.

I propose a wager.

If Trump wins I will come on here and declare him to be a stable genius, if he loses you come on here and declare him as thick as two short planks.

he ll still be a stable genius no matter what, more so if he walks away

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Pastor Dana Coverstone had a prophetic dream last December where the holy spirit showed him what would happen in 2020 for America. He was showing a calendar starting with January which was being flipped. When March came up the month was tapped three times by the finger. This represented Covid 19. Same thing happened in June which represented the race riots. In his vision he saw people protesting, wearing masks, sick people on ventilators, ambulances flying down roads, buildings on fire, people with fists in the air and angry with the world.

September came and again the month was tapped three times. Then November came and the hand turned into a fist and went straight through the calendar. He saw armed protesters, people fighting in the streets, businesses shut down, schools closed, politicians in back rooms pathing each other and smiling, cities and churches on fire, Russian Chinese and UN soldiers on the ground trying to get the country under control. He was also showing that hyper inflation was coming to America. What he was showing has come through so far from March to June, and if what he was showing is true, then there will be a civil war coming to America later this year.

I guess you have forgot the last election cycle, when Trump was debating Clinton and success for him was gauged by not f**king too much or losing too badly.

Now he is up against his record of failures in office and a candidate that is actually likable.

No way on earth he is coming out of the debates winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

You are right .... Don't you wish you were as smart as he is ??

Pastor Dana Coverstone had a prophetic dream last December where the holy spirit showed him what would happen in 2020 for America. He was showing a calendar starting with January which was being flipped. When March came up the month was tapped three times by the finger. This represented Covid 19. Same thing happened in June which represented the race riots. In his vision he saw people protesting, wearing masks, sick people on ventilators, ambulances flying down roads, buildings on fire, people with fists in the air and angry with the world.

September came and again the month was tapped three times. Then November came and the hand turned into a fist and went straight through the calendar. He saw armed protesters, people fighting in the streets, businesses shut down, schools closed, politicians in back rooms pathing each other and smiling, cities and churches on fire, Russian Chinese and UN soldiers on the ground trying to get the country under control. He was also showing that hyper inflation was coming to America. What he was showing has come through so far from March to June, and if what he was showing is true, then there will be a civil war coming to America later this year.

Did it tell him what the stock market movements were going to be?

Did it tell him what the stock market movements were going to be?

its possible to make large amounts of money on both positive and negative market swings

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If he didn't inherit his Daddy's money, do you think he would have had the intelligence to succeed (using that term loosely) in business or been President? He'd be a dodgy used car salesman more like.

• Advertisement

That's.... Erm.... This might not even make it through the conspiracy theories forum. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement