Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Found out recently that the reason why that actor was upside down was because they had replaced him between BTTF 1&2, harder for folks to notice with someone upside down

Yeah it was Crispen Glover who didn't return.....then he sued the bollox off them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah it was Crispen Glover who didn't return.....then he sued the bollox off them :D

A friend of mine has spend 20 years collecting band plectrums and getting film posters signed in person, has some amazing stuff.

He has a poster for Crispin Glover's 'What is it?' signed which you'd never hang in a million years.

I don't even want to link it as it's so bad, maybe Google 'Crispin Glover Nazi.'

Hard to believe he ever saw that as a film poster,guy is an absot loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    A friend of mine has spend 20 years collecting band plectrums and getting film posters signed in person, has some amazing stuff.

He has a poster for Crispin Glover's 'What is it?' signed which you'd never hang in a million years.

I don't even want to link it as it's so bad, maybe Google 'Crispin Glover Nazi.'

Hard to believe he ever saw that as a film poster,guy is an absot loon.

Well there's being "out there" and then there's Crispen Glover. He's a total space cadet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My Chinese special PSP battery arrived. Actually have a second ordered as I got impatient after it not arriving from the North after a little over a week. If I get 2-3 hours from it I'll be happy, provided it doesn't explode!

I'll have a go at CFW later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

DaveyDave wrote: »
    My Chinese special PSP battery arrived. Actually have a second ordered as I got impatient after it not arriving from the North after a little over a week. If I get 2-3 hours from it I'll be happy, provided it doesn't explode!

I'll have a go at CFW later.

Those chunky batteries actually give a better grip when playing, you can balance out the sides with a cheap replacement plastic. Cfw thing isn't too difficult, tons of games to choose :)

Recently picked up this game for the arcade, Chuka Taisen by Taito. (Cloud master). It's not a bad a little shooter, it's no rtype, but a bit of fun all the same with some challenge.

IMG-20200707-183001-4.jpg

IMG-20200707-183117-8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

And this time, I won't sell it.

Impulsively bought this 3DS out of CC. I'm aware it's only the original model, and I do plan on buying an XL down the road. But €65 wasn't bad compared to how much it cost in CeX (roughly over €100).

I once had a 2DS but at the time I wasn't really into playing handheld consoles and I only had one game for it (Pokemon Y, which I played to the end credits then never turned it back on) so I sold it. I won't be doing it this time.

It was a little dirty when I bought it, and even though a child used to own it (he left his selfies on the SD card) it wasn't as bad as I would've expected. The worst dirt was what you'd see in the crevices - almost unavoidable. A quick clean and it's almost good as new, though I'm gonna need to get something along the lines of a toothbrush to get the bits I couldn't get.

xl6Qn14h.png

4LqSSKYh.png

qH5ycEmh.png

It didn't come with a stylus so I had to order one off ebay for €3. Using a tablet stylus for now.

No games as of yet. Hoping to build a decent bundle of games eventually.

(PS: I have now deleted everything off the SD card, in case anyone asks lol)
    DaveyDave wrote: »
    I finally got a PSP :D

Console is in very good condition, some light scuffs on the back you'd barely notice. Box is in good condition, small tear on top but all paperwork included. Missing the battery but a lot of them are, a replacement is on the way. Not a ton of 3000 models around, would have liked a blue one but most consoles are in rag order, missing plugs, batteries, battery cover etc. This one has an 8GB card, I also got an adaptor for a spare 32GB SD card I have.

Nothing in the bundle of interest apart from Motorstorm, already have GTA.

If you're planning on buying more games for it, I recommend Chinatown Wars. Very underlooked GTA game since it's only on two systems (that, and the DS)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

And this time, I won't sell it.

Impulsively bought this 3DS out of CC. I'm aware it's only the original model, and I do plan on buying an XL down the road. But €65 wasn't bad compared to how much it cost in CeX (roughly over €100).

I once had a 2DS but at the time I wasn't really into playing handheld consoles and I only had one game for it (Pokemon Y, which I played to the end credits then never turned it back on) so I sold it. I won't be doing it this time.

It was a little dirty when I bought it, and even though a child used to own it (he left his selfies on the SD card) it wasn't as bad as I would've expected. The worst dirt was what you'd see in the crevices - almost unavoidable. A quick clean and it's almost good as new, though I'm gonna need to get something along the lines of a toothbrush to get the bits I couldn't get.

Nice one, picked up a DS lite recently also, DS has a decent number of games and not too expensive to buy either. holding off on the 3ds at the moment, theres not a lot of games im looking to play at the moment so ill invest later on in the year possibly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The DS has more than a decent number of games worth playing. The library is a treasure trove and it's my favourite console ever. Glad I managed to pick up so much for that system as some of the rarer games are getting expensive.

I picked it up on donedeal and game with 6 games, mainly mario games and one of the nintendogs games and Professor layton. Have resident evil DS (ive lost count of how many versions of RE1 i have now) and The Phantom Hourglass being being delivered at the moment so looking forward to starting them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you aren't averse to RPGs I always recommend Etrian Odyssey. It takes the old school and dated dungeon crawling games of old and with one addition, basically you map out the dungeon yourself on the bottom screen, modernises them and turns it into one of the best games I've ever played. There's other additions as well but it's just so addictive diving into the dungeon, finding new routes and shortcuts and getting that little bit further before bailing at the last minute. Once you beat an area it's so satisfying and then you get your ass kicked by the new enemies and start learning again.

The soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro is ace as well.

Mario games are actually kind of weak on the DS with NSMB being the safest and most boring 2D mario game. The DS library is more about discovering all the weird and wonderful stuff on that system, from it's incredible RPG library to weird games like Kirby Canvas Course, Infinite Space and Soul Bubbles. It's only real parallel is the original PS1 library with some great well known games, excellent RPG legacy and a whole host of weird and wonderful experiments and games that flew under the radar.

Have I said how much I love the DS? It's so unfortunate it got ignored and over looked by the media. It became the second best selling console of all time and therefore has enormous cultural cache and yet is still ignored.

• Advertisement

I love your enthusiasm, i'll pick that up if i come across it, i do like RPGs and have played most of the mainstream ones ported onto the DS so im up to tryout anything new.

NSMB was one of the games included, its a mario game nothing more nothing less. I did enjoy playing alot of the minigames though. Im a sucker for Mario Kart too and that was included, so im mainly playing that at the moment.

Master of the Universe

Soul Bubbles! Now there's a game I haven't played in years.

I think a massive selling point for the DS, as awful as it is, was R4 cards. I instantly had access to every new game the moment it came out, from all regions, with an incredible amount of ease.

As a broke student with loads of time on my hands, it meant I played through hundreds of new games on release, probably more than on any other system.

Haven't gone near the console in years but really tempted to dig one out and lash in a massive SD card. I think 2gb was the limit back when I used to use one, it was that long ago at this stage. Either that or anything bigger was far more expensive than it is now.

bmorrissey wrote: »
    NSMB was one of the games included, its a mario game nothing more nothing less. I did enjoy playing alot of the minigames though. Im a sucker for Mario Kart too and that was included, so im mainly playing that at the moment.

I just felt NSMB was so ordinary in comparison to most of Nintendo's output. At least when NSMB Wii came out nintendo remembered how to make 2D platformers again and the subsequent entries in the series have been great. The mini games are great but think they are the same as on the crappy Mario 64 port.

As for Mario Kart DS, it's arguably the best the series has ever been and is a fan favourite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Two new deliveries today,
    The Harmony Multicart for the 2600, which will let me play some lovely homebrew, including the most impressive Pacman 8k
    Also, Streets of Rage 4, physical release, arrived together with a soundtrack CD.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Two new deliveries today,
    The Harmony Multicart for the 2600, which will let me play some lovely homebrew, including the most impressive Pacman 8k
    Also, Streets of Rage 4, physical release, arrived together with a soundtrack CD.

Do you actually play your 2600 ?
    It was my first console and I have fond memories of playing it but I dont think I could now!

Master of the Universe

Got the SOR4 physical release yesterday myself too. After already buying a download version, I don't know whether to open it or not :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was my first console and I have fond memories of playing it but I dont think I could now!

Some games have weathered better than others, but it's mostly for the newer stuff, Pacman 8k is amazing

Warlords will always be a classic worth playing.

Defender II is pretty great as well, there a few nuggets of gold on there, but none of them are too rare.
    The homebrew though is often very good, certainly Champ games are making very very good things but selling them for new game money on Atari age.
    They are supposedly going to be selling the ROM files as well, which I would buy, but not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭geotrig

Gradius wrote: »

Recently picked up this game for the arcade, Chuka Taisen by Taito. (Cloud master). It's not a bad a little shooter, it's no rtype, but a bit of fun all the same with some challenge.
    what that set you back these days, it was a handy carton filler if you needed to add stuff when getting stuff on yaj before for 1000 yen, that and battle balls.

• Advertisement

I still occasionally play centipede on my 2600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

geotrig wrote: »
    what that set you back these days, it was a handy carton filler if you needed to add stuff when getting stuff on yaj before for 1000 yen, that and battle balls.

I didn't get it in Japan, but I did check prices on yahoo, something like 120 quid they sell for there, I paid slightly more but then I wasn't adding on any extra expenses, so probably right on the money. So, a bit dear! But the raid of the century is never far away to balance things out :p

Arcade stuff has gotten seriously expensive these days, like an average priced game is the equivalent of buying a new console each time. I sent a game off for repair just recently and I just know it's going to be like 80 or more, but on the other hand, it sells working for 600+, so...crazy money all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Picked up Tokyo Bus Guide on the PS2 to accompany Tokyo Bus Guide 2 I got many years ago. One of those 'this should be easy' games and when its not you keep on trying and BOOM! 4 hours have past.
    519310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Now that's what I'd call niche..

No PS4 Luas version ?

The first one, is it a straight port of the excellent Dreamcast original?
    Must boot that up again

Now that's what I'd call niche..

No PS4 Luas version ?

With accurate sandwich storage mode...

Actually, if pay cash to sit on a Luas with the driver putting the pedal down and that godawful Offspring blaring across the intercom...
    Extra points for hitting cyclists and drunks carrying a messy kebab

Master of the Universe

I've never heard of that but really want to pick up a copy now, looks super relaxing.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've never heard of that but really want to pick up a copy now, looks super relaxing.
    it is not , like kerbdog say 4 hrs later and when you are being docked points for not braking at the right time or taking risks ! will drive you for another 4 hrs

its as addictive as densha

Master of the Universe

How is it when it comes to menus being in English?

Was just looking at a video of the Dreamcast version which looks to be entirely in English but it might be a fan translation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've always wondered about those bus games, wouldn't mind having a go if they're in English?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement