Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Just got the 'HD Install Disc' of Gran Turismo HD for the PS3 today.
    Ended up collecting Gran Turismo titles, just one I'd like to complete and that would be 'Concept 2002 Tokyo-Seoul' but can't find it.
    517638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This arrived today, a nice Sakura edition Japanese PS2. I've been eating so many Sakura kitkats and other sakura themed food lately, when i seen this I knew I had to have it :)

3CVOAML.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's absolutely gorgeous.

However those Sakura kit kats are so good that if you offered me a box of them or the PS2 I honestly wouldn't know which to go for :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PS2 is the ugliest console ev.....

Damn you fine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sugarman wrote: »
    No love for Gran Turismo on the PSP? I know its one of the best selling PSP games but I still think its a massively underrated game and probably one of my favorites in the series. Its like weird hybrid game that fits in somewhere between GT3 & 4. I must give it a play through again on the Vita or PSTV.

I don't think he has a PSP to play it on!
    It's pretty nice though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's absolutely gorgeous.

However those Sakura kit kats are so good that if you offered me a box of them or the PS2 I honestly wouldn't know which to go for :D

Yeah they're really nice. I've been getting my Japanese snacks via TokyoTreat for the last few months, but moved to JapanCrate/Umai now. Overpriced, but nice to get them every month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That's one of the nicest PS2s I've ever seen.

I didn't need to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Steve X2 wrote: »
    This arrived today, a nice Sakura edition Japanese PS2. I've been eating so many Sakura kitkats and other sakura themed food lately, when i seen this I knew I had to have it :)

That is absolutely beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got a few more Everdrive carts, nearly have the (current) full set now.

50046070748_b624a61702_z.jpg

sugarman wrote: »
    No love for Gran Turismo on the PSP? I know its one of the best selling PSP games but I still think its a massively underrated game and probably one of my favorites in the series. Its like weird hybrid game that fits in somewhere between GT3 & 4. I must give it a play through again on the Vita or PSTV.
    File the later ones I didn't play much, I think I only played the PSP release once. Wasn't it the launch title that ended up being towards the end of the PSP cycle?
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't think he has a PSP to play it on!
    It's pretty nice though
    I think I gave my one to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    File the later ones I didn't play much, I think I only played the PSP release once. Wasn't it the launch title that ended up being towards the end of the PSP cycle?

That's pretty much the development cycle of every Gran Turismo game.

Never like GT, always bored me. Sim racers just aren't my thing. Think Forza has superseded it now and that series has the horizon spin off which satiates my arcadey sega blue skies fantasies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That PS2 is gorgeous!

A few gets of mine over the last month. Nothing retro for now. Not to trigger any flashbacks of the great tesco raids but some Very cheap 3DS games in Argos at the moment.

7-A210-C0-B-FA86-4-E3-F-AA9-E-8-CFE75-D9-F4-FA.jpg

Got an Arcade1Up the other week which I had no real interest in, until I saw you can tinker with it if you keep it stock! A few euro later and Post-person later I did the,
    Brightness control mod - https://imgur.com/a/Iir2wcE - some people say the screen is too bright/washed out, this allow you to adjust
    Audio fix mod - https://imgur.com/gallery/MCMW6EG - adding (the left? Option.1) channel to the audio amp/output which wasn't connected
    Adding a USB port - https://imgur.com/gallery/9J77bht - allows access to the MAME menu, Defender still near impossible to play

The cab itself is kinda not great, but here it is compared to other cabs.
    518003.jpg518004.jpg518005.jpg
    Added USB port and brightness control at the rear
    518006.jpg
    Next plan, install the UART port on the board and see if its possible to add other supported ROMs

put my name on a dinoking when the time comes !!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

put my name on a dinoking when the time comes !!!

There's a line you know, damn cutters!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There's a line you know, damn cutters!

My penthouses comes first plebian! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    My penthouses comes first plebian! :D

Quiet peasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Famicom game is Doraemon.

IMAG1762.jpg

IMAG1763.jpg

IMAG1764.jpg

My Vecadapt arrived this morning from Australia.
    This lets me use a Megadrive controller on my Veccy, which is kind of cool.
    2018-07-31T12%3A00%3A33.344Z-P1010015.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I finally got a PSP :D

Console is in very good condition, some light scuffs on the back you'd barely notice. Box is in good condition, small tear on top but all paperwork included. Missing the battery but a lot of them are, a replacement is on the way. Not a ton of 3000 models around, would have liked a blue one but most consoles are in rag order, missing plugs, batteries, battery cover etc. This one has an 8GB card, I also got an adaptor for a spare 32GB SD card I have.

Nothing in the bundle of interest apart from Motorstorm, already have GTA.

AFpL1GV.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Clearing out some stuff today and found my long lost Gameboy Player disc, having long since given away the Player itself. Had a look on eBay and the discs are going for mad money - it's cheaper to buy a Gamecube and the Player than the disc itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Clearing out some stuff today and found my long lost Gameboy Player disc, having long since given away the Player itself. Had a look on eBay and the discs are going for mad money - it's cheaper to buy a Gamecube and the Player than the disc itself.

Very cool, forgot disk player for GC.
    I have it for Panasonic Q Gamecube too.

The disc is the enabler for the cart to run if I remember right. Cool bit of history.

6h8fkpdmiw021.jpg

Installed the VAT blade into the vectrex and it makes an incredible difference, didn’t think the Vectrex could be any cooler but pumping out in stereo is amazing, hard to do it justice in a video but definitely an upgrade worth doing

https://youtu.be/UMmYmI6Yn-Y

So many nice things!
    And now I've put a very low bid on a Q player...
    Not a chance...
    Under the reserve...
    Gotta start somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

So many nice things!
    And now I've put a very low bid on a Q player...
    Not a chance...
    Under the reserve...
    Gotta start somewhere!

I got mine off Adverts, you should set up a search alert there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Finally arrived from New Zealand, Athena by snk, working fine after a round the world trip. Marquee I had gotten already and is in much better nick than than the picture suggests (difficult to get non blurry pictures when lit up).

Just have to sort out a rom to correct the flipped screen, all done :)

IMG-20200703-180302-4.jpg

Is it flipped because it's from the southern hemisphere?
    You can just flip the yoke connection around I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Is it flipped because it's from the southern hemisphere?
    You can just flip the yoke connection around I think.

Ah it's much easier to just replace a rom, there are very few games that are inverted, so easier to change the game than change the yoke each time.

But there's another option too...

georgemcflyupsidedown.jpg

Gradius wrote: »
    Ah it's much easier to just replace a rom, there are very few games that are inverted, so easier to change the game than change the yoke each time.

Found out recently that the reason why that actor was upside down was because they had replaced him between BTTF 1&2, harder for folks to notice with someone upside down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭geotrig

Gradius wrote: »

Ive just switches on mine, flip the two and it has all options covered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement