Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

casio4 wrote: »
    Not great really works out at €40 a slab, but thanks for the heads up anyone know what price Guinness is in Dunnes?

Had just seen it on their website, probably won't see many slab offers until August BH.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

any deals on slabs of Carlsberg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    any deals on slabs of Carlsberg

This below was to finish today, it is not showing online anymore but online is meant to be for ordering so it could be still instore today.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Tesco
    Guinness Draught Can 500Ml
    Special OfferAny 8 For 10.00 Save 5.92
    valid from 17/6/2020 until 7/7/2020

so a tray for 30

bud & carlsberg in the same deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I saw the Guiness/carlsberg one in my local Tesco today (30 per slab)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dunnes also sell it, 4 for €10 too.

I was in just in Dunnes. They have it, but maybe not the same. It’s only 4.3%, same as regular bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Guinness cans 8 for 10e in tescoes clearwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seve OB wrote: »
    I was in just in Dunnes. They have it, but maybe not the same. It’s only 4.3%, same as regular bottles

Yes the feckers, just looking now at what I was drinking on Saturday night, the 4 of them were 4.3% :mad:, mind you when I got up Sunday I did feel rather refreshed. The previous 2 batches I got were all 5% from Dunnes, I still have the empties, they must have changed supply line, won't be getting it again if it's the 4.3%. Hopefully Tesco continue to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

rubadub wrote: »
    This below was to finish today, it is not showing online anymore but online is meant to be for ordering so it could be still instore today.

Thanks that offer was still in store today, you are a life saver cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Hop House 20 bottles for 20 in Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Offer of perlenbacher 8 for price of 6 back in Lidl from July 9th. Think it's €7.49 for 8 half litre bottles

Is this where they are from Germany when they are the XXL box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Yes.
    Well always up to now so check.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

The White Spanish Rioja at €3.99 a pop next Saturday and Sunday sounds like a good deal. The reviews are good. That's in lidl

Krombacher mini kegs (5 Litre) in super value for €25

Beware they have Carlsberg slabs for €27.50 but they are the 3.8% version

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

fin12 wrote: »
    Is this where they are from Germany when they are the XXL box?
    Correct.

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Do I need a tap to get the beer out or is it auto dispensing?

Do I need a tap to get the beer out or is it auto dispensing?

auto dispensing
    1-Pull bottom valve
    2- Turn to pour into a glass (angle glass)
    3- Ventilate

Imagine keep it cool somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Offer of perlenbacher 8 for price of 6 back in Lidl from July 9th. Think it's €7.49 for 8 half litre bottles

saw this in my Lidl today and bought a pack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Really not great value for a sub par beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Always that price in SuperValu.

That's good for a strong quality lager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I got caught a couple of years ago with the 3.8%. Freaked I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Sausage Tree Pure Irish Vodka 70Cl reduced from €49 to €35 in Tesco.

Not for me, but appears to be the lowest price this has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Anyone been to Newry recently?? Are there any deals for Kingfisher or Red Stripe lager up there?? I can never find these 2 beers in Dublin.

dubstepper wrote: »
    I got caught a couple of years ago with the 3.8%. Freaked I was.

Yeah those cans are ****e

Depends on your tolerance but it would take a lot of them to get a buzz

Some places in the UK have that version on tap

Anyone been to Newry recently?? Are there any deals for Kingfisher or Red Stripe lager up there?? I can never find these 2 beers in Dublin.

Next Door off licence in Tallaght had red stripe 24 bottles for 15 at the weekend, think obriens have them 5 for 10quid

Yeah those cans are ****e

Depends on your tolerance but it would take a lot of them to get a buzz

Some places in the UK have that version on tap

They changed the 3.8 recipe last year, it's not bad 4 cans for a fiver in my local spar. I'm not sure if the Irish version underwent a change too but I've defo had some bad cans and with no white head. The unfiltered is tasty as is the export but only Newry based from what I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 33,935 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Sausage Tree Pure Irish Vodka 70Cl reduced from €49 to €35 in Tesco.

Not for me, but appears to be the lowest price this has been.

€35 is still a crazy price for a bottle of vodka imho. Almost everyone will be putting a mixer into it, some will stick it in the freezer, who is going to be drinking it neat at a temperature where they can actually taste anything? that's if there's anything to taste as vodka is supposed to be a very neutral spirit.

Now, there are any number of whiskeys which are well worth €35 or more when drunk neat or with a small drop of water, because you can actually taste it, but if you're going to stick Coke in it you might as well get the cheapest one you can find.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Picked up a box today, and just to confirm, they are made / brewed in Germany, not France.
    Make sure you get The yellow top XXL box, not the regular green boxed stuff.
    You will want to sit down after the 8 bottles, I don't care how much of a drinker you are. It really is astounding value for money. Really decent beer.

Heineken, bud, Carlsberg 8 for 10 in Lidl in store. Magazine last week said it would be 6 for 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

€35 is still a crazy price for a bottle of vodka imho. Almost everyone will be putting a mixer into it, some will stick it in the freezer, who is going to be drinking it neat at a temperature where they can actually taste anything? that's if there's anything to taste as vodka is supposed to be a very neutral spirit.

Now, there are any number of whiskeys which are well worth €35 or more when drunk neat or with a small drop of water, because you can actually taste it, but if you're going to stick Coke in it you might as well get the cheapest one you can find.

You will find in a lot vodkas the price is directly proportional to the hangover, no matter what you mix it with.
    Personally, Finlandia is the best value on the market, for me. Lovely vodka, pure and ok for the hangover.

Whiskey is different. Some cheap nasty whiskeys would literally kill you. Again, mixing is a sin with a half decent whiskey (water for me) but then I find when you go over a certain price point, it makes no difference how expensive it is - you will still get a hangover.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement