Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Tesco: Cooneys Cider 4 for 10
    Also seeing more and more of the 660ml beer bottles Inc Stella and Camden Hells , won't be selling much at 3.50 a pop though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Invincible wrote: »
    Thought it was a Whiskey until I looked it up, outrageous price for wine ��

It might be an outrageous price for vinegar but for a quality wine it is actual quite cheap.

Disclaimer, I’ve never drunk it And am far from an expert so I have no idea How it ranks, although I did buy 2 bottles today for the missus

Seve OB wrote: »
    The one mentioned earlier in thread. 25 bottle tops for 24 peroni.
    I checked earlier in blanch, the had a box of 12 for 15 bucks or a box of 18 for 30 quid

Peroni offer is still on. Hard to find though, I was in Greystones today and they had none. On way home I popped into Liffey valley and got their last box

Sarah Jessica Parker endorsed wine ffs - does it leave a cranky annoying after-taste like she does?

Rose is a wine type more often associated with hen parties and being gulped rather than savoured tbh

Jeremy Clarkson likes to swig 2 bottles of Leoube over lunch.

glasso wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker endorsed wine ffs - does it leave a cranky annoying after-taste like she does?

Rose is a wine type more often associated with hen parties and being gulped rather than savoured tbh

Jeremy Clarkson likes to swig 2 bottles of Leoube over lunch.

i personally would never buy a product with a "celebrity name" on it. im sure its good and all, but i'd much rather buy something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Supervalu.
    Powers gold 20e.

Selected wines thursday friday only offer 6 for 50 inc Brancott Estate, Oyster Bay, Wolf Blass and Campo Viejo.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

12 x pint bottles of Guinness stout in Aldi. 24 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

glasso wrote: »
    Rose is a wine type more often associated with hen parties and being gulped rather than savoured tbh.

Sorry but that's BS. Rosé is a perfect warm weather wine and there are some excellent wines that aren't bottles of sugar aka Zinfandel. Some of the best Rosé out there at the moment is in Lidl and Also. Lidl Pinot Grigio rosé is decent and Aldi has loads of great bottles, my favourite is Quisco.

I'm not buying into the Whispering Angel fad, trendy for the sake of trendy.

As for booze bargains O'Brien's have good offers on prosecco and some champagnes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Tesco: Cooneys Cider 4 for 10
    Also seeing more and more of the 660ml beer bottles Inc Stella and Camden Hells , won't be selling much at 3.50 a pop though

Where's the Camden on sale? Quite like it😋😋

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bahanaman wrote: »
    12 x pint bottles of Guinness stout in Aldi. 24 euro.

Haven't drunk that since peekers in dun laoghaire in the 80s!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Originally Posted by Seve OB View Post
    The one mentioned earlier in thread. 25 bottle tops for 24 peroni.
    I checked earlier in blanch, the had a box of 12 for 15 bucks or a box of 18 for 30 quid

That Tesco Peroni works out at 1.66 a bottle if you buy the 18 bottle box and just 1.25 a bottle for the 12 bottle box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

in supervalu

tiger 12 x 330 - €12

6 bottles of wine for 50 - can't rem which bottles though

Where's the Camden on sale? Quite like it😋😋

Tesco Tallaght. Ya can get the small cans in most marks too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

super value selling Smirnoff for €18 for 70cl bottle until July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ellejay wrote: »
    super value selling Smirnoff for €18 for 70cl bottle until July 1st.

€18 in tesco too, not advertised as an offer so no end date up (yet).

€26 for a litre which works out €18.20 for 700ml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Haven't drunk that since peekers in dun laoghaire in the 80s!!

Jaysus, I remember that place. The height of sophistication 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Tesco
    Captain Morgan's 700 ml €18

SuperValu
    Stella Artois Lager Can (500 ml) 8 for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Anyone seen good offers on Champagne recently?

Preferably Veuve Clicquot?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

baileys strawberry is 15 in tesco, not listed as an offer.

Also in supervalu and is

WAS 20.00, NOW 15.00, SAVE 5.00
    Valid: Jun 25th - Jul 1st

It is 22 in molloys and "nuts about wine". Must be trying to get people to try it during strawberry season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

[quote="askU

SuperValu
    Stella Artois Lager Can (500 ml) 8 for €10[/quote]

Always that price in SuperValu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Carling 18 cans for €17, 440ml tesco. Hasn't been seen much since the pandemic started

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭whodafunk

deisedav wrote: »
    Carling 18 cans for €17, 440ml tesco. Hasn't been seen much since the pandemic started

Thanks for that one. Carling is all 440ml since this pandemic - not sure why this is so. My local off license still charging the same price for the smaller cans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

whodafunk wrote: »
    Thanks for that one. Carling is all 440ml since this pandemic - not sure why this is so. My local off license still charging the same price for the smaller cans.

I think 440 ml is a UK size, whereas we have 330 ml or 500 ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I see a lot of deals starting to mysteriously arise again just as the pubs are due to re open.

I noticed the distinct lack of deals during the lockdown when supermarkets had the market cornered.

It's not that I'm complaining, bring on those deals, just an observation.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The Diageo Budweiser contract finishes on Tuesday. I'd say Bud will be 8 for 10 more often given C&C are also the distributors of Becks and Stella, think the uk Bud is stronger too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes

12 x Carling 440ml cans €12.50

20 x Budweiser 300ml bottles €16

Jameson Caskmates IPA or Stout €30

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I'll never stop being amazed that people drink Budweiser. Any price is a rip off.

I've yet to come across any Peroni brewed in UK being sold here and i've bought and checked every box since I was made aware of it. The 24 pk i bought was brewed in Bari and is clearly identified on the box.

Got stung by the moretti though, knew there was something off about the 12pk bottles taste compared to the 660ml only for someone here to say it about the UK licensed brewing.

Carry out Clondalkin doing Moretti 500ml cans for 1.99, brewed in Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

dubstepper wrote: »
    I'll never stop being amazed that people drink Budweiser. Any price is a rip off.

I had a Diageo Tech guy in my old bar cleaning the lines one day. I told him customers complained there was a funny taste from Bud. He said well there should be no ****ing taste off that, its water. Its made from rice ffs its not even beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Soarer wrote: »
    Are there different versions of the Rheinbacher like there is Perlenbacher?

If it blew the Germany brewed Perlenbacher out of the water, I ight just give it a try!

do not think think so,i know you can get it in a can as well,but i always buy the 6 pck of 500ml bottles lovely stuff cheers.
    highly recommended,did you try it yet?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement