Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Centra has Bushmills for €20.Ends on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Eagle Rare for €40 is great value

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Supervalu have Whispering Angel for 25 euro.

Not a bargain but its 35 euro in some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes

Carlsberg 20 x 300ml bottles €16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

i had Rheinbacher on fri nite and its a very nice drink,i had perlenbacher last nite and the Rheinbacher blows it out of the water.1 nil to aldi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Obriens:
    Stella/Becks 8 for 10
    Tennents 1 euro
    Bulmers 8 for 10
    Carlsberg unfiltered 8 for 10

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

25 everywhere I’m looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭beachhead

Both Coronas are e15.40 for 12 pack in Tesco Express.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Regular price of €24.95 in O'Briens- and at €19.95 online (from 8wines- similar prices from VinduFr and a few other sites).

You can pay 30-35 if you want- you don't need to).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

bassy wrote: »
    i had Rheinbacher on fri nite and its a very nice drink,i had perlenbacher last nite and the Rheinbacher blows it out of the water.1 nil to aldi

Are there different versions of the Rheinbacher like there is Perlenbacher?

If it blew the Germany brewed Perlenbacher out of the water, I ight just give it a try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Seve OB wrote: »
    anyone know when the peroni offer in tesco is due to end?

What's this offer you speak of????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've only had the rheinbacher from a can and it's a very good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What's this offer you speak of????

The one mentioned earlier in thread. 25 bottle tops for 24 peroni.
    I checked earlier in blanch, the had a box of 12 for 15 bucks or a box of 18 for 30 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Seve OB wrote: »
    The one mentioned earlier in thread. 25 bottle tops for 24 peroni.
    I checked earlier in blanch, the had a box of 12 for 15 bucks or a box of 18 for 30 quid

Must check in my three nearest Tesco's tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Dunnes:
    Stiegl Austrian lager 3euro, 4 for 10
    Pilsner Urquell 3 for 6euro
    Picked up a Germania pilsner for 1.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Spend 50 euro in Dunnes on groceries. Get your 10 euro off voucher. Pick up a bottle of Redbreast and get 10 euro off - Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Spend 50 euro in Dunnes on groceries. Get your 10 euro off voucher. Pick up a bottle of Redbreast and get 10 euro off - Happy days.

It's a great system all right.:)

Just one thing to note you can't use a voucher on the day it is issued. You have to go back the next day.

elperello wrote: »

Just one thing to note you can't use a voucher on the day it is issued. You have to go back the next day.

And spend another 50 bucks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

elperello wrote: »

The trick if you're not a regular shopper in Dunnes is to hunt down a relative or friend who is, 'borrow' their voucher to make your purchase on a day they don't intend to shop in Dunnes, and then give them back the voucher attached to your receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The checkout and service counter staff used to keep unused vouchers that customers didn't use but I think since Covid-19 they don't take them anymore.

rob316 wrote: »

to be honest, I don't notice any real difference between the can and the bottle.

v good value beer.

the patronus weissbier in lidl for 1.49 a bottle is another v good one from the German discount chains imo.

Regular price of €24.95 in O'Briens- and at €19.95 online (from 8wines- similar prices from VinduFr and a few other sites).

You can pay 30-35 if you want- you don't need to).

O'Briens only starting getting regular stock in recent weeks, it was 30-35 euro pre and for most of lockdown because only select suppliers were importing it until quite recently. It was near impossible to get hold of for less than 30 after Christmas.

Reason I pointed it out is Supervalu money off vouchers are back so people can get a better bargain if they chuck it into a weekly shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

bazz26 wrote: »
    The checkout and service counter staff used to keep unused vouchers that customers didn't use but I think since Covid-19 they don't take them anymore.

They always have a way around that. What some of them do now is keep the voucher you would receive with a purchase and use another one for your purchase, that way, you never even get to handle a voucher and the cycle continues for next customer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

O'Briens only starting getting regular stock in recent weeks, it was 30-35 euro pre and for most of lockdown because only select suppliers were importing it until quite recently. It was near impossible to get hold of for less than 30 after Christmas.

Reason I pointed it out is Supervalu money off vouchers are back so people can get a better bargain if they chuck it into a weekly shop.

Is it nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

glasso wrote: »
    to be honest, I don't notice any real difference between the can and the bottle.

v good value beer.
    Cans usually get a bad rep, as people are drinking directly from them. Nowadays many small breweries are changing to cans as they feel it is superior to bottles, as it does not let light in.

Any time I have seen blind tastings done people did not find much of a difference, this was pouring the beer into glasses and then tasting.

Cans are usually plastic lined inside, but where you crack it open exposes bar metal, and I reckon this might have the "tin/aluminium foil on the teeth" effect

Is it nice?

It is nice, but I wouldn't say its life changing either unless you're more of a white/rose drinker (I'm a red person except in hot weather). I much prefer it to the new Sarah Jessica Parker Invivo Rose.

I just get a hankering for rose every so often and have been disappointed by other bottles so prefer to get something I know I'll drink rather than risk it, unless I trust the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thought it was a Whiskey until I looked it up, outrageous price for wine 😀
    Anyone try The Crafty Brewing Co offerings,their Lager & Stout are nice, available in Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

It is nice, but I wouldn't say its life changing either unless you're more of a white/rose drinker (I'm a red person except in hot weather). I much prefer it to the new Sarah Jessica Parker Invivo Rose.

I just get a hankering for rose every so often and have been disappointed by other bottles so prefer to get something I know I'll drink rather than risk it, unless I trust the recommendation.

Where did you buy the SJP ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

foodaholic wrote: »
    Where did you buy the SJP ?

Supervalu have the Sav Blanc.
    WinesoftheWorld.ie have the Sav Blanc and the Rose.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement