Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

First comp back yesterday for me. Another decent round that could have been so much better.

39 off 11, including six 1pointers :(
    Was going steady enough, had 19 on the front.

Started the back nine par par, then a 2 ball came up our arse and I think this must have put me off. We were a 3 ball. let them through after the next 2 holes. We were half a hole behind the 2 ball in front so weren’t losing but we let them through anyway.
    Had 4 1 pointers in a row during this. Thought the round was gone, then finished birdie, par birdie so was happy with the finished, birdies were both 2 inches from the hole so was happy with the approach play.

Think there is a 45 pointer in me the way I’m playing. But will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

First competition back for me today. Had a lesson 3 weeks ago which really straightened up my shots.

Monthly medal from the back tees. Shot a 5 under par 65 nett off a handicap of 23. Highlight of the day was an eagle 2 from 160 yards out. Anxious wait now to see did I win it.

Delighted with the consistency of the round and could have actually gone a little better, had two 7’s on the card but overall a very steady round

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Presidents Prize today in crazy wind and rain. 90 - 14 for a respectable 76 considering. Small cut on the way hopefully as there were two quads through into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭willabur

captains qualifier in corballis and it was windy as f
    32 points of 13
    Started well, tap in par on the 1st and a perfect tee shot on two which was very tricky due to the strong wind off the right. Nailed what I thought was a perfect 8 iron into the wind but it went dead straight into the rough on the right of the green, made double from there. Scratched 3 due to lost ball. Pulled it together somewhat but it was real battle. No more scratches but alot of 1 pointers. Felt really unlucky with putting, lipped the hole on 5 separate holes.

3 GIR
    5 fairways hit
    31 putts (which I am super happy with)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Just as an update. My 65 won me the medal. It was a 3 way tie but I won it on count back. Over the moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Someone once said that no one ever posts their bad rounds here

So 17 (6/11) points off 19. I really dont know. I actually hit some good shots

But I hit a lot of bad ones. There was no redeeming feature

Lots of work to be done this week before next weeks medal as I am not playing 18 holes strokeplay like that

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Just as an update. My 65 won me the medal. It was a 3 way tie but I won it on count back. Over the moon

Well done, great score in those conditions.Its a great feeling ,I remember it well
    Congrats, enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

In solidarity with gypsy79 - I had 24pts (10/14) off 15 on Sunday after having a reasonable 33pts (20/13) on Saturday. Both days wet and windy. Making really basic errors and can find no consistency whatsoever.
    gypsy79 wrote: »

Lots of work to be done this week before next weeks medal as I am not playing 18 holes strokeplay like that

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

37 points off 7 on saturday.

perfect scoring conditions. our usually tough course seen a 6 handicapper shoot -3 plus many more in the 40s.

I had a very up and down round.

4 birdies
    7 pars
    4 bogeys
    3 doubles

My putting has nosedived something shocking. Not confident at all and i feel like leaving the flag in with a raised cup is very noticeable in my peripheral vision on short putts.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Played twice this weekend and both equally as bad as each other. Very windy conditions but made too many simple errors on approach shots leaving me difficult up and downs. Got back into position to make buffer but then a few doubles and the round was gone.

Positives from both rounds was eagling the same par 5 twice which made the round enjoyable. +12/+11 off 5 to get my summer started with 2x 0.1s

Day 1
    1 eagle
    6 pars
    8 bogeys
    3 doubles

Day 2
    1 eagle
    8 pars
    5 bogeys
    4 doubles

Junior Cup warm ups this week and playing Portmarnock so need to find some consistency from somewhere

• Advertisement

Scratch cup yesterday in difficult conditions, started poorly and was +10 after 3 lost two drives oob on 3rd. Recovered well going with 2 pars, a birdie and 2 bogies in next 5. Hit a good drive on 9th saw it bounce on fairway but ended up as a lost ball and with that a NR, had no time to go back as group behind were on tee. Other than that was happy with how I bounced back usually would have given up but set a target and was keeping to it till 9. There is a score there just need to concentrate a bit more when conditions are tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭This is it

First time playing golf on a full size course. Had played par 3 a couple of times. Scored 112 :D one par was as good as it got for me :p

Edit, one of the lads did the points scoring and worked me out for 24 points with a handicap of 24. No idea how that's counted...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

This is it wrote: »
    First time playing golf on a full size course. Had played par 3 a couple of times. Scored 112 :D one par was as good as it got for me :p

Edit, one of the lads did the points scoring and worked me out for 24 points with a handicap of 24. No idea how that's counted...
    Welcome to the game and Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Had half an albatross yesterday :P
    Playing in a scramble holed from about 190ms for a 2 on a Par 5. Unfortunately it wasn't my drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd forgotten how different playing with a card in your hand is!
    Strokes qualifier, level par nett and didn't get within a sniff of qualifying.
    Missed a 4 ft birdie on the first and then proceeded to 4 putt the next for double.
    Had 8 putts under 3 inches, they just wouldn't drop but delighted with putting in general.

Some Level par nets did get in, I had a 7 on the Par 3 2nd finished with a 72.
    2 of my Sunday team were very selfish and got cut on Sat!! If we lose Sunday by 0.2 there will be words :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

First competition back at the weekend, 40pts off 5 which was enough for 2nd overall. Very happy with my overall game although missed 4 putts under 5 feet, 3 of which were for birdie so could have been a lot better. No doubles on the card for the first time in I don't know how long, makes things a lot easier. Almost down to 4 so hopefully the good form will continue for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

First comp back yesterday. Had 38pts in the strong wind. The wind kept css very low and led to a 5 point cut to 7.8 my lowest yet!

Highlight was *nearly* driving our 10th, a 380y par 4 & perfect chip to touch the pin and somehow stay out leaving a tap in birdy.

Still had 37 putts, very tricky from 3-4 foot range in the gusty wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Joined a new club 2 years ago after moving house and haven't bet my handicap yet. Front 9 doesn't suit my eye at all and it's probably in my head a bit now too. Also lack of playing last year after an injury and this year because of covid my swing fell back into every old habit I had and the dreaded s***ks made a horrible return. 2 lesson in last 2 weeks or so and I'm starting to see an improvement at last but a long way to go.

2 days of captains prize last week playing off 12 I shot +24 first day (+20 front 9) and +20 second day (+15 front 9). Only positive I could take from the 2 days was I was only 9 over for the back 9 which included 2 doubles on the 18th. And my putting has improved alot more one putts than 3 putts for first time in forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

gypsy79 wrote: »

I'll join you so gypsy79. On Saturday I played a society outing on an unfamiliar course and scored OK 27 off 11.
    On Sunday I played my home course. Absolute horror show with 18 (6 + 12) off 16. It was a difficult windy day but I can't blame most of it on the wind. I felt tired mentally and physically. Just hoping it was a blip because I'd been playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

Joined a new club 2 years ago after moving house and haven't bet my handicap yet. Front 9 doesn't suit my eye at all and it's probably in my head a bit now too. Also lack of playing last year after an injury and this year because of covid my swing fell back into every old habit I had and the dreaded s***ks made a horrible return. 2 lesson in last 2 weeks or so and I'm starting to see an improvement at last but a long way to go.

2 days of captains prize last week playing off 12 I shot +24 first day (+20 front 9) and +20 second day (+15 front 9). Only positive I could take from the 2 days was I was only 9 over for the back 9 which included 2 doubles on the 18th. And my putting has improved alot more one putts than 3 putts for first time in forever!

Really struggling with the s***ks myself lately. Can be playing well and then boom, i am s***king everything. It just destroys confidence. Going to have to get a few lessons....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭This is it

Really struggling with the s***ks myself lately. Can be playing well and then boom, i am s***king everything. It just destroys confidence. Going to have to get a few lessons....

What does this mean? s***king?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

This is it wrote: »
    What does this mean? s***king?

Just hope you never find out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Highlight was driving our 10th, a 380y par 4 & perfect chip

Something tell me this is becoming a habit when you “drive” a green and still have to chip it :D

Seve OB wrote: »
    Something tell me this is becoming a habit when you “drive” a green and still have to chip it :D

I don't know what the strict legal term as defined by Golfing Union of Ireland is for "driving" a green, but it was at the green 2 yards short of being on the putting surface and about 5 yards short of the flag.

I know your funny about these things; so I drew a clearly marked diagram for you :D

delete.png

I don't know what the strict legal term as defined by Golfing Union of Ireland is for "driving" a green, but it was at the green 2 yards short of being on the putting surface and about 5 yards short of the flag.

I know your funny about these things; so I drew a clearly marked diagram for you :D

delete.png

I think you "Nearly drove the green" :D

etxp wrote: »
    I think you "Nearly drove the green" :D

Okay, I went back and fixed my initial post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

delete.png

I hear Picasso , could hit a savage drive too. Surreal stuff...........

I hear Picasso , could hit a savage drive too. Surreal stuff...........

delete-p.png

He'd do well to keep it to himself. Tough crowd here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bryson DePicasso

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Bryson DePicasso

You're on a roll!!!

Advertisement